Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It’s done: UW/UO

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

The Oregon brand is simply Nike and unique uniforms that appeal to 12-year-olds. It's not about winning, tradition or anything the B1G has ever been about. The thinking that Oregon is some kind of awesome national brand is silly. When the day comes and Phil Knight has taken advantage of his last Asian sweatshop worker, the Oregon "program" will be an afterthought. If it isn't already.

I don't think it's some kind of "awesome national brand," but it's more than your dismissive take on it. The BIG admitted Rutgers into their league in my lifetime, and other than Buck they've been a big boring collection of teams for as long as I can remember. So I'll take a hard pass at falling to my knees in awe of the Big 10.
    Great point. I’m not really kneeling before the B1G. But unlike others in this bastion of free thought, I’m not falling on my knees in awe of duck, either.
    The place I give duck respek is that they were utterly nothing and were able to make themselves into something relevant, with no built in advantages. That's basically impossible to do in college football. Schools fall down from their natural place in the pecking order when they don't care (Minnesota, Pitt, Syracuse, Colorado) but it's really hard to advance a program to the highest levels without any built in advantages (which schools like the Florida schools had). Oregon managed to do that. Without caring and without Phil, they'd be Texas Tech.
    The Pac 10/12 had a lot to do with it
    Hasn't helped my Cuog!
    Being mediocre to shitty for a stretch of, what, 18 years now, will do that to ya.

Still, I have to say this: I’m able to watch Miami play on TV without any cable packages 3 to 5 times a year., so I can’t complain. I feel like even the sports media, which used to hate then so much, is pulling for them get back to form. IDGAF what anybody says or downvotes on the matter: a good Miami program with a little controversy added in is good for cfb. Frankly I’m surprised they’re that close.

I’d like to see the whole list. And I’m assuming this is an all-tim list? Which would explain Clemson being nowhere in sight.
    I thought you were still talking about CUOG. Then I saw the stark/perfect reality.

CUOG = canes

Ouch.
    That’s on par with your Ocean Shores and Miami Beach are the same comparison. Nobody’s going to talk you out of your crazy, but I respect the sand it takes to own it as you do. I tip my cap.

It does bring up a question though: what are these numbers really? Forget Miami for a second, as that makes everyone around here irrationally defensive. Instead, ask yourself/ourselves what it means for Cuog! to be just a few clicks down the list from DWAG.
    Couple of things it means

West Coast football isn't as dead as it is reported. 3 NW schools up on that list

Saturday night football draws eyeballs. Not as many as prime time but there is an audience

The coog are generally entertaining

UW was 4-8 and retarded
    Wiw but Cuougs need to thank that ESPN anchor for having a kid that Leach locked in a shed. There isn't any more to their success and eye balls than that. He's coaching at Texas otherwise.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TheHB said:

The Oregon brand is simply Nike and unique uniforms that appeal to 12-year-olds. It's not about winning, tradition or anything the B1G has ever been about. The thinking that Oregon is some kind of awesome national brand is silly. When the day comes and Phil Knight has taken advantage of his last Asian sweatshop worker, the Oregon "program" will be an afterthought. If it isn't already.

NOC about tradition in the here and now. It’s all bout who gets the clicks and the eyeballs. I don’t wanna say that is not UW anymore.

But that’s not UW anymore.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    UW’s recent body bag OOC and Bowl games for the other team have certainly added to this number, haven’t they?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,788
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

TheHB said:

NOC about tradition in the here and now. It’s all bout who gets the clicks and the eyeballs. I don’t wanna say that is not UW anymore.

Check the facts.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

TheHB said:

Cool. I never mentioned UW though. But since you brought it up, you’re wrong about clicks and eyeballs.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,157
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

I don't think it's some kind of "awesome national brand," but it's more than your dismissive take on it. The BIG admitted Rutgers into their league in my lifetime, and other than Buck they've been a big boring collection of teams for as long as I can remember. So I'll take a hard pass at falling to my knees in awe of the Big 10.
    Great point. I’m not really kneeling before the B1G. But unlike others in this bastion of free thought, I’m not falling on my knees in awe of duck, either.
    The place I give duck respek is that they were utterly nothing and were able to make themselves into something relevant, with no built in advantages. That's basically impossible to do in college football. Schools fall down from their natural place in the pecking order when they don't care (Minnesota, Pitt, Syracuse, Colorado) but it's really hard to advance a program to the highest levels without any built in advantages (which schools like the Florida schools had). Oregon managed to do that. Without caring and without Phil, they'd be Texas Tech.
    Hasn't helped my Cuog!
    Being mediocre to shitty for a stretch of, what, 18 years now, will do that to ya.

Still, I have to say this: I’m able to watch Miami play on TV without any cable packages 3 to 5 times a year., so I can’t complain. I feel like even the sports media, which used to hate then so much, is pulling for them get back to form. IDGAF what anybody says or downvotes on the matter: a good Miami program with a little controversy added in is good for cfb. Frankly I’m surprised they’re that close.

I’d like to see the whole list. And I’m assuming this is an all-tim list? Which would explain Clemson being nowhere in sight.
    I thought you were still talking about CUOG. Then I saw the stark/perfect reality.

CUOG = canes

Ouch.
    That’s on par with your Ocean Shores and Miami Beach are the same comparison. Nobody’s going to talk you out of your crazy, but I respect the sand it takes to own it as you do. I tip my cap.

It does bring up a question though: what are these numbers really? Forget Miami for a second, as that makes everyone around here irrationally defensive. Instead, ask yourself/ourselves what it means for Cuog! to be just a few clicks down the list from DWAG.
    Numbers don't lie.

23 is closer to 22 than it is to 30+.

You picked a good comparison with the beaches EXCEPT ocean shores and miami are further away from Hawaii beaches than wsu and miami are to UW football.

But enjoy the grey sand all you want if it makes you happy.

Also, context matters. You were lying about miami having the best of every city when it likely wasn't even second best in any category.
    Huh?

Well, then again, South Beach reminds you of Ocean Shores. We live on different planets ese.
    In Ocean Shores' defense. Its much easier to find a parking spot. That's all I got.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!

CUOG = canes

Ouch.

Numbers don't lie.

You picked a good comparison with the beaches EXCEPT ocean shores and miami are further away from Hawaii beaches than wsu and miami are to UW football.

Also, context matters. You were lying about miami having the best of every city when it likely wasn't even second best in any category.
    Huh?

Well, then again, South Beach reminds you of Ocean Shores. We live on different planets ese.
    In Ocean Shores' defense. Its much easier to find a parking spot. That's all I got.
    The crabs are tastier.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    LawDawg1 said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!

CUOG = canes

Ouch.

Numbers don't lie.

Huh?

The crabs are tastier.
    Which kind?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm in the minority that I am sad to see the Coug's and Beav's fates even though I know the Cougs would love nothing more than to see anything bad happen to UW.

Especially because I think the Cougs have defied so many odds with what they've been able to do as a program since the early-80s and will have to slip out while a program that's fuck around the way UCLA has the past 20 plus years gets to an all of that random trash that's in the Big 10.

You dear, sweet soul.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

EwaDawg said:

CREEPY STOp

I know Grundle. (He ded but that is beside the poont).. Creep is no Grundle.
    You mean Grundle is no Creep. That’s what you mean.
    No, he was pretty clear.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

GRUNDLE STOp

I READMIGN MSSIED THRDEAS!!1
    I EATMIG CRRURY!!!
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

GRUNDLE STOp

I READMIGN MSSIED THRDEAS!!1
    I EATMIG CRRURY!!!
    BUMPIG THAERDS; GMUMING UP TEH BAORD!!!!69!!!11!!!!
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    The obsession with the “oRGEGoN bRANd” by some of you is fucking hilarious.

It winds you up more than any wins ever have.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Imagine being a canvassing retard like @thechatch or someone who won't even work like @46XiJCAB and then constantly brag about how superior Oregon is to the poors like Washington and Cal and Stanford.

Or even Oregon State and Washington State.

:D

Insecure types brag about having eight pretend skank Thots in their pretend hot tub on Queen Anne in Ballard within days of joining this circus site
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,010
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2023

The Creep said :

Huh?

I agree. And the planet that I live on has nicer (non grey sand) beaches.

But by all means continue to tell me that drinking coors light, is indeed, better than drinking piss.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    I once spent a week in ocean shores one Friday.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

I once spent a week in ocean shores one Friday.

I laffed. So true.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2023
    EwaDawg said:

The Creep said :

Huh?

I agree. And the planet that I live on has nicer (non grey sand) beaches.

But by all means continue to tell me that drinking coors light, is indeed, better than drinking piss.

Well, I haven't tried piss, but, isn't it?