Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It’s done: UW/UO

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

The Oregon brand is simply Nike and unique uniforms that appeal to 12-year-olds. It's not about winning, tradition or anything the B1G has ever been about. The thinking that Oregon is some kind of awesome national brand is silly. When the day comes and Phil Knight has taken advantage of his last Asian sweatshop worker, the Oregon "program" will be an afterthought. If it isn't already.

I don't think it's some kind of "awesome national brand," but it's more than your dismissive take on it. The BIG admitted Rutgers into their league in my lifetime, and other than Buck they've been a big boring collection of teams for as long as I can remember. So I'll take a hard pass at falling to my knees in awe of the Big 10.
    Great point. I’m not really kneeling before the B1G. But unlike others in this bastion of free thought, I’m not falling on my knees in awe of duck, either.
    And you shouldn't.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,724
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

The Oregon brand is simply Nike and unique uniforms that appeal to 12-year-olds. It's not about winning, tradition or anything the B1G has ever been about. The thinking that Oregon is some kind of awesome national brand is silly. When the day comes and Phil Knight has taken advantage of his last Asian sweatshop worker, the Oregon "program" will be an afterthought. If it isn't already.

I don't think it's some kind of "awesome national brand," but it's more than your dismissive take on it. The BIG admitted Rutgers into their league in my lifetime, and other than Buck they've been a big boring collection of teams for as long as I can remember. So I'll take a hard pass at falling to my knees in awe of the Big 10.
    Great point. I’m not really kneeling before the B1G. But unlike others in this bastion of free thought, I’m not falling on my knees in awe of duck, either.
    The place I give duck respek is that they were utterly nothing and were able to make themselves into something relevant, with no built in advantages. That's basically impossible to do in college football. Schools fall down from their natural place in the pecking order when they don't care (Minnesota, Pitt, Syracuse, Colorado) but it's really hard to advance a program to the highest levels without any built in advantages (which schools like the Florida schools had). Oregon managed to do that. Without caring and without Phil, they'd be Texas Tech.
    The Pac 10/12 had a lot to do with it
  • Options

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

The place I give duck respek is that they were utterly nothing and were able to make themselves into something relevant, with no built in advantages. That's basically impossible to do in college football. Schools fall down from their natural place in the pecking order when they don't care (Minnesota, Pitt, Syracuse, Colorado) but it's really hard to advance a program to the highest levels without any built in advantages (which schools like the Florida schools had). Oregon managed to do that. Without caring and without Phil, they'd be Texas Tech.
    Hasn't helped my Cuog!
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

I think it really comes down to Nike. Without Nike, Oregon wouldn't care.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!
    Helped Don James

Beat USC and Ucla and your a power

So Moos said beat UW and we're on our way
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!
    The Mike Leach era was arguably the most sustained success Coug has ever seen.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!
    I’d go with price/early doba. Time for the d word?
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!
    I’d go with price/early doba. Time for the d word?
    No, Price could be considered a old douche but I don't think Doba would be.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

I think it really comes down to Nike. Without Nike, Oregon wouldn't care.
    Perhaps my order was backwards.

The only more impressive rise from shit in CFB is Kansas State, who went from worst program in power conference land to winning conferences and competing for Natties. KSU never had an uncle Phil but also never got as far as Oregon, and is now an average program in CFB.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!
    Being mediocre to shitty for a stretch of, what, 18 years now, will do that to ya.

Still, I have to say this: I’m able to watch Miami play on TV without any cable packages 3 to 5 times a year., so I can’t complain. I feel like even the sports media, which used to hate then so much, is pulling for them get back to form. IDGAF what anybody says or downvotes on the matter: a good Miami program with a little controversy added in is good for cfb. Frankly I’m surprised they’re that close.

I’d like to see the whole list. And I’m assuming this is an all-tim list? Which would explain Clemson being nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!
    Being mediocre to shitty for a stretch of, what, 18 years now, will do that to ya.

Still, I have to say this: I’m able to watch Miami play on TV without any cable packages 3 to 5 times a year., so I can’t complain. I feel like even the sports media, which used to hate then so much, is pulling for them get back to form. IDGAF what anybody says or downvotes on the matter: a good Miami program with a little controversy added in is good for cfb. Frankly I’m surprised they’re that close.

I’d like to see the whole list. And I’m assuming this is an all-tim list? Which would explain Clemson being nowhere in sight.
    Clemson is 1. Need to expand the tweet
  • Options

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!

Clemson is 1. Need to expand the tweet
    In related news, my Cuog.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!

I thought you were still talking about CUOG. Then I saw the stark/perfect reality.

CUOG = canes

Ouch.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    EwaDawg said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!

I thought you were still talking about CUOG. Then I saw the stark/perfect reality.

CUOG = canes

Ouch.
    That’s on par with your Ocean Shores and Miami Beach are the same comparison. Nobody’s going to talk you out of your crazy, but I respect the sand it takes to own it as you do. I tip my cap.

It does bring up a question though: what are these numbers really? Forget Miami for a second, as that makes everyone around here irrationally defensive. Instead, ask yourself/ourselves what it means for Cuog! to be just a few clicks down the list from DWAG.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!

CUOG = canes

Ouch.
    That’s on par with your Ocean Shores and Miami Beach are the same comparison. Nobody’s going to talk you out of your crazy, but I respect the sand it takes to own it as you do. I tip my cap.

It does bring up a question though: what are these numbers really? Forget Miami for a second, as that makes everyone around here irrationally defensive. Instead, ask yourself/ourselves what it means for Cuog! to be just a few clicks down the list from DWAG.
    Couple of things it means

West Coast football isn't as dead as it is reported. 3 NW schools up on that list

Saturday night football draws eyeballs. Not as many as prime time but there is an audience

The coog are generally entertaining

UW was 4-8 and retarded
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022

EwaDawg said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!

CUOG = canes

Ouch.

Numbers don't lie.

23 is closer to 22 than it is to 30+.

You picked a good comparison with the beaches EXCEPT ocean shores and miami are further away from Hawaii beaches than wsu and miami are to UW football.

But enjoy the grey sand all you want if it makes you happy.

Also, context matters. You were lying about miami having the best of every city when it likely wasn't even second best in any category.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

whlinder said:

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Hasn't helped my Cuog!

CUOG = canes

Ouch.

Numbers don't lie.

23 is closer to 22 than it is to 30+.

You picked a good comparison with the beaches EXCEPT ocean shores and miami are further away from Hawaii beaches than wsu and miami are to UW football.

But enjoy the grey sand all you want if it makes you happy.

Also, context matters. You were lying about miami having the best of every city when it likely wasn't even second best in any category.
    Huh?

Well, then again, South Beach reminds you of Ocean Shores. We live on different planets ese.