Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Query for Oregon fans

How does it feel to fall short of that superior culture in Berkeley?

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    Always a good sign things are Going well the first 24 hours from signing a coach
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter
    They have too many Nobel prizes for us to compete with.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter

Apparently Joey Harrington is very disappointed

FTG.

Speaking of which, hey @backthepack I missed the twitter space today where Wrighster talked about the letter Joey wrote endorsing Wilcox, can you share some of the details? Thx in advance!
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited December 2021

Apparently Joey Harrington is very disappointed

Not as disappointed as I was the day he served up 5 picks to the mighty Beaver.

No one would know who Joey is, if A. J. Feeley wasn’t injured and Oregon stuck with the inferior QB when he was ready to go.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    To steal a line from Jim Harbaugh

Half those guys were born on 3rd and they are acting like they hit a triple.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Had Wilcox actually been offered, that would have been extremely embarrassing. But he wasn't. I find it funny people actually think he was.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

Had Wilcox actually been offered, that would have been extremely embarrassing. But he wasn't. I find it funny people actually think he was.

Link?

Link?
    Link to an Oregon response confirming it?
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,783

Link?
    Link to anyone outside an anonymous Dook poast saying he wasn't?
    LawDawg1 said:

Link?
    But I will admit, the spin his agent made on this was first class. The agent earned every cent of his/her money.
    edited December 2021

You're one of our better ducks here, but this is a pitiful quook moment of denial for you.

Canzano reported, and ESPN's Bonagura independently confirmed his report that Wilcox was offered the job. As much as you all loathe Canzano, there's nothing to indicate that this report is anything but fact. Learn it, love it, live it.

Cal > Oregon. Evan Weaver and Justin Wilcox have spoken.
    I'm going with the fact that they ran a poll during the search and 73% of Duck fans responded that a Wilcox hire would either be bad or horrible. So it makes zero since why the news of the offer unless it was thrown out there to smooth over the few of the elites that actually wanted him. There wasn't one person I knew that even would have been "ok" with the hire. In fact I know of 6 families that would have turned in their season tickets had he been hired. Ticket sales would have plummeted year one, before a game were even played if Wilcox was named head coach. If Wilcox turned it down, Oregon dodged a major bullet. And if he was in fact offered, then Oregon needs a new AD.

It doesn't make sense, because last week, when talking to members of the athletic department that I work out with, they said Wilcox wasn't seriously being considered. That's what makes this really confusing, and why I was so confident last week in him not even being a possibility. But it also explains the letter Joey five picks sent out. It was originally sent last week, probably because he found out that Wilcox wasn't being seriously considered. Either way, something seems fishy about all of it.

I personally don't think there was an offer. One side is spinning, and I originally thought it was on Wilcox's side. But it makes perfect sense for Oregon leaking this smoke, just to appease some big donors, into thinking Oregon "tried to get Wilcox". Wilcox would have no reason to refute it, because this getting out makes him look really good.

But in the end, Oregon dodged a major bullet.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,575

LawDawg1 said:

Link?
    But I will admit, the spin his agent made on this was first class. The agent earned every cent of his/her money.

The official AD account liked this post yesterday, which is probably the closest we will ever get to a statement from the AD
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,240
    I don’t believe he was offered, I believe he said he was because he literally wants out to anywhere that isn’t that shithole in Berkeley. And it’s definitely a bargaining chip for a job that actually does want to hire him, “look I turned down Oregon hurr durr”. But I don’t buy it. Think he’s just butthurt and whined to his alumni pals about it.

If he was legit offered then Mullens is a dumbfuck of Cohen-level proportions. And I’ll eat crow with a plunger to my own face. FYFMFE