Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Query for Oregon fans

Comments

• DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,240

DucksFC said:

I don’t believe he was offered, I believe he said he was because he literally wants out to anywhere that isn’t that shithole in Berkeley. And it’s definitely a bargaining chip for a job that actually does want to hire him, “look I turned down Oregon hurr durr”. But I don’t buy it. Think he’s just butthurt and whined to his alumni pals about it.

If he was legit offered then Mullens is a dumbfuck of Cohen-level proportions. And I’ll eat crow with a plunger to my own face. FYFMFE

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,575
    DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

I don’t believe he was offered, I believe he said he was because he literally wants out to anywhere that isn’t that shithole in Berkeley. And it’s definitely a bargaining chip for a job that actually does want to hire him, “look I turned down Oregon hurr durr”. But I don’t buy it. Think he’s just butthurt and whined to his alumni pals about it.

If he was legit offered then Mullens is a dumbfuck of Cohen-level proportions. And I’ll eat crow with a plunger to my own face. FYFMFE

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    ntxduck said:

DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

I'm losing my mind. This looks so familiar. What movie was this from?!
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,575
    edited December 2021

ntxduck said:

DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

Ask @ZekeThePlummer dawg

It’s from salute your shorts
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

DucksFC said:

DucksFC said:

Ask @ZekeThePlummer dawg

It’s from salute your shorts
    That's right! I loved that show as a kid.
    edited December 2021

DucksFC said:

If Wilcox wasn’t mentioned for every possible opening before Oregon, I might believe it. His name has been put out non stop since the hiring and firings began.

Nobody from Oregon is going to come out and deny the story. Just because three sources reported it, doesn’t mean it’s true. He wouldn’t turn down $10-15 million guaranteed. Wilcox lost to Arizona. It was Arizona’s one win all season. Even at Cal, he’s on somewhat shaky ground.
    It just doesn't make any sense I agree.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

One guy got it right. He’s the guy assigned to UGA football for years. The guy that never backed off his story on Friday. The other got it wrong, Canzano. But I’m sure he nailed the Wilcox story on Saturday. Very reliable sources and shit.

FFS

• RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Oregon offered Justin Wilcox the job and he turned it down to stay in Berkeley for less money, but it was worth it to stay in a place with a superior football culture. The only way we’ll know for sure is when someone goes to Africa and sees the t-shirts along with other donated beauties like 2010 or 2014 Natty t-shirts.

Also, is Wilcox gay? I don’t know, and I don’t care who he rams beyond the ram-ifications of it hurting our(?) SEC persona where they prefer the more holesome types, like Hugh Freeze and Joey Freshwater. I just have to wonder why he likes Berkeley so much. And why does he lick his lips like that? Did he take extacy, the gayest of the drugs? Was he thinking about male genitalia? These are questions worth asking when Joey Harrington throws his weight around instead of five picks. I figure if he is then odds are good someone here ran into him at a gloryhole back when he was at UW.

Wilcox is a bachelor, which is fine at his age: maybe he prefers strange without the effort to hide it, or is too lazy to get a beard. I prefer more of a go-getter, but I can respect the first one. He’s hired an assistant that does have a beard but is almost certainly gay if the rumors are true.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110
    It's now being reported that Chip Kelly was also offered and turned Oregon down.

So the guy they got was the guy they offered after Justin Wilcox and Chip Kelly said "thanks but no thanks"
    edited December 2021

It's now being reported that Chip Kelly was also offered and turned Oregon down.

So the guy they got was the guy they offered after Justin Wilcox and Chip Kelly said "thanks but no thanks"

Chip doesn't surprise me. Big boosters wanted him, and a large group of fans did too. They're wrong, but they still did want him. Wilcox, is hard to fathom. Throughout the process, it was widely known, that there was about 20% of fans that wanted Wilcox, but around 70% were far against it.

The only people that wanted Wilcox, were people that grew up with his family and some former players (cough cough cough, Joey five picks)
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

Chip doesn't surprise me. Big boosters wanted him, and a large group of fans did too. They're wrong, but they still did want him. Wilcox, is hard to fathom. Throughout the process, it was widely known, that there was about 20% of fans that wanted Wilcox, but around 70% were far against it.

The only people that wanted Wilcox, were people that grew up with his family and some former players (cough cough cough, Joey five picks)
    I've noticed Jen Cohen and Rob Mullins on a lot of workgroups together. Probably sharing ideas with each other.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,783

I've noticed Jen Cohen and Rob Mullins on a lot of workgroups together. Probably sharing ideas with each other.
    Will Mullens congratulate us and wish us well to rep the North too?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958

DucksFC said:

If Wilcox wasn’t mentioned for every possible opening before Oregon, I might believe it. His name has been put out non stop since the hiring and firings began.

Nobody from Oregon is going to come out and deny the story. Just because three sources reported it, doesn’t mean it’s true. He wouldn’t turn down $10-15 million guaranteed. Wilcox lost to Arizona. It was Arizona’s one win all season. Even at Cal, he’s on somewhat shaky ground.
    Those were my thoughts, but IDRGAF and DRK.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Oregon offered Justin Wilcox the job and he turned it down to stay in Berkeley for less money, but it was worth it to stay in a place with a superior football culture. The only way we’ll know for sure is when someone goes to Africa and sees the t-shirts along with other donated beauties like 2010 or 2014 Natty t-shirts.

Also, is Wilcox gay? I don’t know, and I don’t care who he rams beyond the ram-ifications of it hurting our(?) SEC persona where they prefer the more holesome types, like Hugh Freeze and Joey Freshwater. I just have to wonder why he likes Berkeley so much. And why does he lick his lips like that? Did he take extacy, the gayest of the drugs? Was he thinking about male genitalia? These are questions worth asking when Joey Harrington throws his weight around instead of five picks. I figure if he is then odds are good someone here ran into him at a gloryhole back when he was at UW.

Wilcox is a bachelor, which is fine at his age: maybe he prefers strange without the effort to hide it, or is too lazy to get a beard. I prefer more of a go-getter, but I can respect the first one. He’s hired an assistant that does have a beard but is almost certainly gay if the rumors are true.

Pretty sure meth is the gayest drug, but I could be wrong.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Joey five picks
    Warms my heart.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

The difference is minimal enough that they're equally gay.
    chuck said:

Since ecstasy mostly comes in the form of little candies, I think it surpasses meth on the scale.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Since ecstasy mostly comes in the form of little candies, I think it surpasses meth on the scale.
    So ecstasy is for the soft, fruity gays while meth is for the tuff, prison type. Think Rick Neuheisel vs Pat Hill, to put it in more of a football context.

I can see I'm on the main board but I don't remember what thread. Was it about gays and drugs or was it about Pat Hill?