Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO who stays, who declares and who Portals: Discussion

Comments

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    This might be stupid but I wonder if Culp would just be better moving to wide receiver in DeBoer’s offense. He played receiver in high school.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    biak1 said:

Although I would stay and play under this new offense and take the 1st round money
    Good riddance. Not the type of athlete to put up big numbers in this system. Either teach Culp to catch the fucking ball or get someone in the portal.
    Culp fucking sucks man. He’s done.
    He’s what Deboer wants athletically in a TE. Cade isn’t. Baby Otton might be the perfect guy for his system. He’s huge and runs like a deer.

Culp has flashed some. I think he could be solid if he cleans up his hands. I would still try and portal someone. I would do nasty nasty nasty things for Austin Stogner to come here.
  • Options
    OreDawg said:

biak1 said:

Although I would stay and play under this new offense and take the 1st round money
    Good riddance. Not the type of athlete to put up big numbers in this system. Either teach Culp to catch the fucking ball or get someone in the portal.
    To be fair he flashed a bit there. He’s almost the perfect athlete for DeBoer’s offense from the TE position. LIPO
    Yup. This guy gets it.
  • Options

DeBoer’s offense doesn’t utilize tight ends that much in the passing game. Leading tight end at Fresno this year only had 103 receiving yards and 2 tds. Westover is probably fine as tight end 1.

Yeah because they were shitty slow athletes...
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

biak1 said:

He’s what Deboer wants athletically in a TE. Cade isn’t. Baby Otton might be the perfect guy for his system. He’s huge and runs like a deer.

Culp has flashed some. I think he could be solid if he cleans up his hands. I would still try and portal someone. I would do nasty nasty nasty things for Austin Stogner to come here.
    I’d like to see Ryan Otton at outside linebacker/dline. Also would love to flip his teammate Austin Terry from Boise.
  • Options

biak1 said:

I’d like to see Ryan Otton at outside linebacker/dline. Also would love to flip his teammate Austin Terry from Boise.
    No. Otton’s going to be a mismatch nightmare at TE if he develops. Terry sucks, shitty MWC athlete.

Quinton Moore might actually be the guy. He’s probably the best athlete on the roster outside of the DBs. If Deboer can develop him woof. He could be a real real issue for folks.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Eklund says there is a very strong chance "in his mind" that Huard enters the portal
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DeBoer’s offense doesn’t utilize tight ends that much in the passing game. Leading tight end at Fresno this year only had 103 receiving yards and 2 tds. Westover is probably fine as tight end 1.

DaFuq? Listened to hours of coaches breaking down his offense and Tight end use and how Culp may have a break out season
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

biak1 said:

No. Otton’s going to be a mismatch nightmare at TE if he develops. Terry sucks, shitty MWC athlete.

Quinton Moore might actually be the guy. He’s probably the best athlete on the roster outside of the DBs. If Deboer can develop him woof. He could be a real real issue for folks.
    lol
  • Options

Eklund says there is a very strong chance "in his mind" that Huard enters the portal

Doubt that
  • Options
    edited December 2021

biak1 said:

lol
    Jalen Cropper had every pac 12 offer except for UW coming out but chose to stay home in Fresno. He was one of the best WRs in the country this year. Haener’s shown he can make plays on time and out of structure against P5 comp. There are exceptions Race.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Smalls enter the portal?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

biak1 said:

lol
    Jalen Cropper had every pac 12 offer except for UW coming out but chose to stay home in Fresno. He was one of the best WRs in the country this year. Haener’s shown he can make plays on time and out of structure against P5 comp. There are exceptions Race.
    Cropper is fine and a probable exception

Others not so much

• Options
    edited December 2021

biak1 said:

Maybe cool it on the edgy hot takes for a bit. Cade is an all-purpose tight end who would succeed in any system. Even Leach would find a role for him. It's a fucking shame that we wasted him on a legendarily bad coach and offensive system. We won't have a tight end like him for a long time.
    He’s a good player will be in the NFL for a long time. I’m obviously being hyperbolic but this system is going to need to better athletes than Cade at TE to maximize our passing game’s ceiling.
  • Options

biak1 said:

lol
    Cropper is fine and a probable exception

Others not so much

We can disagree on Haener.

But yeah Cropper and that other WR Kelly are definitely exceptions.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Iowa or Minnesota had a transfer wide out from Montana who was their best receiver

Imagine if he had stayed
  • Options

Iowa or Minnesota had a transfer wide out from Montana who was their best receiver

Imagine if he had stayed

Nebraska.