Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

Comments

• Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It’s concerning to hear that Haener could come back
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

UW was only a functioning scheme and QB away from 1 or 2 losses last year. It's not a rebuild.

The team went 4-8, will have back-to-back mediocre recruiting classes, and a decent amount of talent leave the program; it's a rebuild.
    In that case it might be best to have a QB who knows the offense and is a known quantity at this level. Haener would have answers and be able to teach the offense.

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

Pretty sure Haener would have to come in as a grad transfer? You can't just switch teams twice.

He would which means he would have to be accepted into a graduate program which isn't a guarantee
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

The real news here is that we get Julie Haener back

YKWYWF

• Options
    edited November 2021

NEsnake12 said:

YKWYWF

Y'all have some low standards if that's what you SIMP over.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Pac 12 was .500 vs Mountain West this year. 16-24 since 2016 and 13-12 against them in bowl games. Let’s not pretend like the Pac 12 is a juggernaut conference in comparison.
  • Options

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Pac 12 was .500 vs Mountain West this year. 16-24 since 2016 and 13-12 against them in bowl games. Let’s not pretend like the Pac 12 is a juggernaut conference in comparison.
    I'm not saying that at all, but I'm being realistic about where Washington stands in terms of talent. I don't think we are talented as we seem and that this needs to be torn down and rebuilt back up with a culture change which takes time.
  • Options
    PatsDoogPatsDoog Member Posts: 159
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited November 2021

NEsnake12 said:

YKWYWF

Y'all have some low standards if that's what you SIMP over.
    Being related to a football player raises baseline attractiveness by 2 points, them's the rules.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'm not saying that at all, but I'm being realistic about where Washington stands in terms of talent. I don't think we are talented as we seem and that this needs to be torn down and rebuilt back up with a culture change which takes time.
    Agree with Sonics but 6 and 6 should be a possibility with a bowl win maybe is what I’m expecting
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sam sucks. Sorry, but if he was any good at all he would have beat out Morris. If he leaves we get a QB that is actually good.
    Haener left rather than compete. Fuck him
    Why not bring over the entire Fresno roster and almost beat Oregon, again?
    My man
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

UW was only a functioning scheme and QB away from 1 or 2 losses last year. It's not a rebuild.

The team went 4-8, will have back-to-back mediocre recruiting classes, and a decent amount of talent leave the program; it's a rebuild.
    Covid eligibility actually helped UW a lot during this transition in keeping the roster stuffed. Plus the 2021 class ranked #3 in the Pac-12 in terms of average rating of recruits and though the current 2022 class only has 9 commits, it is actually a little higher in terms of average rating.

There aren't many starters moving on and I suspect we won't see many players hit the portal because they will be enjoying a better staff than they previously would have had. In other words, I don't see any starters hitting the portal except for maybe Jalen McMillan. Hopefully Bynum comes back and Kyler Gordon comes back (McDuffie gone).

https://ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/washington/92453

So the worst I see DeBoer doing next year is 7-5 (losses to Michigan at home, ASU on the road, Oregon on the road, UCLA on the road, and WSU on the road). That is a decent first year and primed for a big jump in his 2nd year, just like he had at Fresno State and Sioux Falls.

And he just said "reloading" in his kick-ass presser so that settles it ;)
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Some really bad takes in here. I think some are like 12 years old with a keyboard. Commiting to build a program around a freshmen qb that may or may not be good is beyond stupid. All we know about Sam is he looked good in high school, couldn’t beat shit qb play and looked bad in his one chance. I still think he will be good with proper coaching and threat of a rushing attack.

DeBoer can develop a qb. Let the cream rise to the top. If sam wants to play next year he should play better than all other qb’s. They all sucked bad this last year and the scheme sucked worse. No spots should be given.

If people want to leave the program because of that mindset so be it. They are the problem and why the players and position groups are soft as charmin.

I turn 13 in February so show me some damn respect.
    Wif respeck
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Can do both at the same time … the beauty of the portal

Also the last 2 classes while below standards combined basically equate to one class in size … the COVID eligibility rules are going to make things interesting for the next few years