Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Why not both? Your take is getting stranger and stranger.
    Because I know Sam wants to play now and I don't expect him to stay if he doesn't get the job next year. If I knew Sam would 100% stay, then I'm fine with it, but that doesn't go along with what I have heard from his camp.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,490
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Don't we have a QB depth issue, too? Morris, Huard, and walk-on Sirmon?
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Because I know Sam wants to play now and I don't expect him to stay if he doesn't get the job next year. If I knew Sam would 100% stay, then I'm fine with it, but that doesn't go along with what I have heard from his camp.
    Then that’s a bummer. Sam should start regardless of any transfer QB
  • Options

Still lost here. He’s better than Huard currently. Huard couldn’t beat out Morris this year and when given a chance threw 4 picks. I still have hope he will be good but he could use some time to learn a brand new offense, something Haener already does. Again he’s not coming here with 3 years of eligibility left.
    That's how college football especially QB's work. If they aren't playing right away, they leave. Part of the job is understanding egos.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    If Sam thinks he's ready to ball out at some other team he's dreaming. Dude threw multipe terrible picks, is talented but currently clueless.

One year spelling Haener shouldn't be a deal-breaker for him. Probably Damon would agree.

Plus Haener knows the offense so the install would be super quick, and he can teach Sam.
  • Options

UW was only a functioning scheme and QB away from 1 or 2 losses last year. It's not a rebuild.

The team went 4-8, will have back-to-back mediocre recruiting classes, and a decent amount of talent leave the program; it's a rebuild.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Then fuck him. If he thinks he earned the starting QB role by coming in and throwing 4 interceptions in his first start against WSU and wants to bail because he doesn’t want to compete then let him go.

This is the part of recruiting that drives me bat shit crazy. You can see the results but let’s ignore them because stars.
    It was his first year, he had no QB coach and played under an interim OC with a dog shit OL and no running game. I can't see how we are giving up on him after one year.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Isn't Haener a senior?
  • Options

Isn't Haener a senior?

Because of COVID, he gets one more year.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Pretty sure Haener would have to come in as a grad transfer? You can't just switch teams twice.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

Sam sucks. Sorry, but if he was any good at all he would have beat out Morris. If he leaves we get a QB that is actually good.
    Haener left rather than compete. Fuck him
    Why not bring over the entire Fresno roster and almost beat Oregon, again?
  • Options
    dnc said:

Agree. I believe in Sam completely. I also believe he'll benefit from a coach and from competition.

Handing a QB the job never brings out the best in him.

I agree completely with that but that's college football in 2021. If he stays, I love the move but if he leaves then the move doesn't make much sense to me.