Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoner > Campbell

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I am team Deboner. Bring in Tedford and score 40 a game next year.

I've been ride or die with DeBoner since the start. Hell, I was the first douchecanoe here to name him DeBoner.
    Pretty sure I came up with that name.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,968
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I've been ride or die with DeBoner since the start. Hell, I was the first douchecanoe here to name him DeBoner.
    What’s your drunk father in law think?
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Does Deboner bring Grit?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Bob_C said:

Swaye said:

What’s your drunk father in law think?
    Pissed about the WSU hire. Also laughing that UW can’t get big time proven winner
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    This is what the last decade of opportunity (USC sucking) to regularly compete for conference titles closing looks like.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    vadawg said:

OreDawg said:

If we had the money to hire Campbell, doesn’t that mean we now have money to hire a kick ass staff? It seems that it would be pretty easy to hire some known recruiters. Personally I think a Deboer is going to win a shit of games. LIPO

The issue is that he doesn't know anyone, and most of the time, Mountain West coaches want to bring in their previous staff. Look at his staff right now; most of those guys have been following him since his NAIA days.
    IMO this is a good thing. They’re hungry and are proven winners. Winners win…period.

I personally would love to have this new kid on the block running the program. I like Campbell, but I actually feel better with bringing the boner and his NAIA staffin.

I can't see how that's good but whatever gets you hyped.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

vadawg said:

OreDawg said:

If we had the money to hire Campbell, doesn’t that mean we now have money to hire a kick ass staff? It seems that it would be pretty easy to hire some known recruiters. Personally I think a Deboer is going to win a shit of games. LIPO

The issue is that he doesn't know anyone, and most of the time, Mountain West coaches want to bring in their previous staff. Look at his staff right now; most of those guys have been following him since his NAIA days.
    IMO this is a good thing. They’re hungry and are proven winners. Winners win…period.

I personally would love to have this new kid on the block running the program. I like Campbell, but I actually feel better with bringing the boner and his NAIA staffin.

I can't see how that's good but whatever gets you hyped.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Feels like this worked out pretty well from my perspective.

LIPO obviously. But I wouldn’t be to thrilled if we were replacing MC with the guy from Fresno and I’m not exactly the biggest Cristobal fan.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam

LIPO obviously. But I wouldn’t be to thrilled if we were replacing MC with the guy from Fresno and I’m not exactly the biggest Cristobal fan.

It's LIPO for sure, but he's been winner everywhere and schemed circles around Meat.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    haie said:

It's LIPO for sure, but he's been winner everywhere and schemed circles around Meat.
    He didn’t win anything at Fresno as a head coach. They won before he became head coach though.

Can only imagine what you’d be up to on the refuge if MC left and we hired the Fresno State coach.

Anyway, not here to party. Just to say I was mildly concerned you all might be able to pull something off. This is probably best case scenario from UO perspective. (Other than Wilcox)

Take all the screen shots you need.
  • Options
    fouchpotatofouchpotato Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

He didn’t win anything at Fresno as a head coach. They won before he became head coach though.

Can only imagine what you’d be up to on the refuge if MC left and we hired the Fresno State coach.

Anyway, not here to party. Just to say I was mildly concerned you all might be able to pull something off. This is probably best case scenario from UO perspective. (Other than Wilcox)

The Fresno State coach almost beat your ass
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They played whOregon pretty well in Ewegene and beat Bruin in Pasadena, and UCLA isn't bad this year. I'd prefer a Stoops, but it's not a bad hire on the surface if the rumors are true. Maybe I'm naive and want to cling to hope. His floor is probably above the disaster Fake was (not saying a lot, I know).
  • Options
    edited November 2021

haie said:

The Fresno State coach almost beat your ass
    I guess that was all you needed to see.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021

haie said:

It wouldn't be any different if Oregon made this hire. Other than they would probably cut bait faster if it didn't work out.

Best case scenario? lol