Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stoops

Comments

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I just hope we get the Dictator we deserve
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He's coming

Interesting
  • BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

He's coming

Good grief fatters
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Which fucking stoops are people talking about here? If it's Bob...

Why would Bob Stoops come to Washington? This seems like a huge woosh.

If he wanted to coach again he could go to a bigger name like USC or Texas or one of a half dozen openings that will be available this season.

He'd probably hate Seattle more than Petersen does.

There's a lot of sources out there hinting that Bob's wife loves the Seattle area, plus she has family up in the San Juans. As for other jobs not fitting the mold - Bob wants a program where he can craft it in his own vision without any interference from nosy boosters (so USC is out), and he has too much respect for OU to even think about coaching in the SEC/Big 12 footprint (that plus every other reason eliminates Texas).

So combine all of that with his lesser known love of crabbing (he's particularly fond of Dungeness), and word is that Bob is very much interested in coming here and laying down his roots, perhaps even finding his "forever home". Somewhere he can dock his boat the 'Sooner Schooner' would be a plus.
    Build the statue. Come home Bob
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

Sources said:

Jen said it - "we have the resources" blah blah blah "... for Washington"

So no, we won't pay him.

No way this is true

You have to spend money to make money.

Whats the difference between 3 and 6 million, when 10s of million of revenue is on the line?
    I agree that we should spend the money. It's a no brainer given the way that donations and attendance are plummeting. That being said, I just don't think it'll happen. I've watched UW administration ceaselessly make poor decisions for well over 2 decades, so I have no reason to expect any sort of a sound business decision.
    Fair, they are batting 50% since 2014 however which is better than many programs
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

TXDawg said:

The idea that Seattle is a shithole coaches wouldn't want to live in but LA isn't is laughable.

But there's more talent in LA. Better recruits in the area too.
    There's also more competition, more scrutiny, and an AD currently in chaos.

USC has its issues. UW has its issues. The point is neither city itself is a differentiator from the other.
    Utter nonsense.

You really shouldn’t underestimate how much people hate rain and what LA has to offer the rich and famous.

If you’re the multi-millionaire head coach of USC living in Los Angeles you don’t live in the “shit hole” part and never even see it except to hoover up all the players who live two blocks from campus.

Not saying that’s a fit for everyone, but you’re nuts if you think “It’s a tie!!!” on any level whatsoever.

What's the crabbing scene like down in LA, Mike?
    You get the maid to do it while three cheerleaders rattle you senseless.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 992
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

One of the most obvious photoshop jobs I've seen on these boards.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

One of the most obvious photoshop jobs I've seen on these boards.
    Sadly not a photoshop