Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

@Baseman

How are your Kirkland is the best OL at UW since Kennedy takes going?

He’s a guard. Cement mixer feet. Fuck off.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

Why can't he be an elite talent at guard at the next level, and also be our? best option at LT. Those can be mutually exclusive things.

Also you are cherry picking a clip from the Michigan gayme - which clearly wasn't his best moment. I see him improving since then. Which is what is supposed to happen.

Is LT his best position? Maybe not. Is he the best LT we got for the moment? Maybe so. That's on Peterman, quite honestly.

He sucks. He’s not an elite talent at guard. Put on the Colorado tape.
  • Options

Pressing. Especially coming from the record-setter in shitty takes.

Has he ever been good at UW outside of the mickey mouse covid year though?
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,575
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I never understood the Kirkland hype - especially at LT and especially for the NFL. He seems like a tweener even at the college level and doesn’t have the build to be an elite T or G even in the Pac-12. Also agree UW doesn’t have a single guy who can play OT on the roster or even has a natural build for it. Had hopes for Rosengarten but worried he has the same girls basketball PF build.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I thought he was good in 2018 and 2019. No idea if he's a better guard or tackle. The entire OL has also been a leaky anal disaster all year. So of all the aspects of the program that are on fire right now it's odd to hone in on Kirkland.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,152
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Good news is Kirkland won’t go anywhere… Bad news is Kirkland won’t go anywhere
  • Options

BTP is right in this case. Kirkland is not good. That said, he was defending Asa Turner til the end.

He sucks. I stopped defending him last year. He’s a nightmare in coverage.
  • Options

I thought he was good in 2018 and 2019. No idea if he's a better guard or tackle. The entire OL has also been a leaky anal disaster all year. So of all the aspects of the program that are on fire right now it's odd to hone in on Kirkland.
    You thought he was good in 19?!?!?! Oh deary me.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,815
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Why can't he be an elite talent at guard at the next level, and also be our? best option at LT. Those can be mutually exclusive things.

Also you are cherry picking a clip from the Michigan gayme - which clearly wasn't his best moment. I see him improving since then. Which is what is supposed to happen.

Is LT his best position? Maybe not. Is he the best LT we got for the moment? Maybe so. That's on Peterman, quite honestly.

Have another drink. He rarely made mistakes at the guard spot. The NFL noticed.

You're too young to be yelling at clouds.

• Options
    pawz said:

pawz said:

I beg you to go watch the Colorado game if you think he rarely made mistakes. They exposed his lack of quickness with delayed blitzes the entire game.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Singling out guys for playing like shit is all fine and good. Acting like this is their best and like one game or one play is meaningful is a big mistake though. The program is diseased and it's affecting everyone.
  • Options
    Jdawg1991Jdawg1991 Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2021

@backthepack loves loved Dylan Morris. Asa Elite Turner. Cam Really Elite Davis. Danny BDTW now Second Teamer Hammer Hemuli. Marcus Spiker. Jeremiah Martin.

Friend of mine with basketball season tickets told me a couple years ago during Martins recruiting visit some kid that looks like Mike Leach slobbered all over Martin at a UW bball game. Martin told my friend the kid couldn't handle his weed and liquor and that this kid said if he came to UW he'd be the Vita Vea of edge rushers, win a Natty and get drafted in the top-5 overall.

This and that Jordan Banks would be a Lawrence Taylor elite type edge rusher.

Great prognostication, as always. @backthepack
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

BTP is right in this case. Kirkland is not good. That said, he was defending Asa Turner til the end.

And this off-season. Coverage is the least of his problems. He’s the worst tackler I’ve ever seen play for UW.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

pawz said:

pawz said:

I beg you to go watch the Colorado game if you think he rarely made mistakes. They exposed his lack of quickness with delayed blitzes the entire game.
    Delayed blitzes normally get home by taking advantage of scheme that you dictate and gaps in the opposing scheme

Rarely do I see a delayed blitz getting home as a slam on a specific OL
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,991
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jdawg1991 said:

Receipts
    The Internet never lies.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Jdawg1991 said:

Receipts
    STAY