Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

@Baseman

13»

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Jdawg1991 said:

BTP is right in this case. Kirkland is not good. That said, he was defending Asa Turner til the end.

He sucks. I stopped defending him last year. He’s a nightmare in coverage.

Receipts
    These actually aged pretty well. Turner was solid this year. We were a 100% better defense when he played.
    Turner is not good but he is the tallest midget.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Jdawg1991 said:

BTP is right in this case. Kirkland is not good. That said, he was defending Asa Turner til the end.

Receipts
    These actually aged pretty well. Turner was solid this year. We were a 100% better defense when he played.
    He's the reason I don't want another kid from San Diego on our roster ever again. Soft soft soft but he's pretty okay in coverage.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Jdawg1991 said:

Receipts
    He's a below average tackler but good at everything else - coverage, diagnosis, ball skills, etc.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club
  • Options

Matt Damon's greatest role

• Options

fudgie is like Trump in that the volume of absurd shit that he spews is so large that you just get numb to it all and forget some of the obscenities. Love that we're bumping back these trips down memory lane.

• Options
    dnc said:

He's so good he got moved to a guard as a 6th year senior.

Willing to move for the good of the team as a 6th year senior.

You and KP are wrong on Kirkland. I think he's good more than great but he's definitely good.
    He's pretty good for a college guard, our complaints were when he was starting over Troy at LT. When Troy's clearly an NFL tackle and Kirkland is not.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Jdawg1991 said:

Receipts
    He's a below average tackler but good at everything else - coverage, diagnosis, ball skills, etc.
    Putting yourself in position to miss the tackle is a special quality. I don’t know who, but someone actually showed how he diagnosed plays pretty well vs Oregon only to whiff on tackles. But it’s not like anyone else better. It’s like the rest of the db’s are surprised by whatever route the wr’s are running every time (this is why i am not sold that it’s just a talent issue with the defense). If we were a real contender next year someone like that can’t start on your defense.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Jdawg1991 said:

Receipts
    Putting yourself in position to miss the tackle is a special quality. I don’t know who, but someone actually showed how he diagnosed plays pretty well vs Oregon only to whiff on tackles. But it’s not like anyone else better. It’s like the rest of the db’s are surprised by whatever route the wr’s are running every time (this is why i am not sold that it’s just a talent issue with the defense). If we were a real contender next year someone like that can’t start on your defense.
    I'm fine with that assessment. He's the ability to tackle away from being all conference. That's obviously an important ability. I'll be thrilled if we have someone better for the position next year because that will be a pretty damn good player. But mostly think Turner get singled out too much. He's not the issue with the defense.

I'm very glad he didn't portal out.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Playing a female when you're a male gets an Oscar

• Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Jdawg1991 said:

Receipts
    I'm fine with that assessment. He's the ability to tackle away from being all conference. That's obviously an important ability. I'll be thrilled if we have someone better for the position next year because that will be a pretty damn good player. But mostly think Turner get singled out too much. He's not the issue with the defense.

I'm very glad he didn't portal out.
    I want the Tulsa kid we've been talking about. He seems like all that but he hits.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Jdawg1991 said:

Receipts
    Strongly disagree on coverage. Maybe it's scheme where he's put in unwinnable situations, but he takes a lot of bad angles and seems to get burned a lot.
  • Options
    Sources said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Jdawg1991 said:

Receipts
    Strongly disagree on coverage. Maybe it's scheme where he's put in unwinnable situations, but he takes a lot of bad angles and seems to get burned a lot.
    I haven't seen that. Curious if he's bad in coverage and a bad tackler why the defense plays better with him in there? You think it's just coincidental?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Playing a female when you're a male gets an Oscar

Take it to the drag board!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

He's so good he got moved to a guard as a 6th year senior.

A better meme doesn’t exist
    Undeserved, we had 4 better offensive lineman that should have made all conf 1st team over him. He's a solid college player, nothing spectacular, light in the pants couldnt anchor at tackle. We saw Aiden Hutchinson absolutely abuse that. Won't even sniff a starting opportunity in the NFL unless he comes in via injury.
    Lol. 3 time 1st team All-Pac lineman who played last year on a dislocated/fractured ankle.