Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Travels With Mabel

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I bet some might try to tow that with a 3/4 ton pick up. Fuck that. You got the right rig.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Right now in the middle of Oregon - Burns the Covid Rebellion capital of Oregon. Have not seen a mask on anyone here. What the heck do people do in windblown high desert areas?
    I think I am in the largest county in Oregon with the smallest population. Known for the Bundy Rebellion just south of here. My daughter works for Travel Oregon and was telling me she was passing thru this area and a biker group had special windshield signs made that said "Fuck Kate Brown". She says this defines Burns.

Happy Trails - off to Idaho tomorrow morning

Burns is shit as fuck. I’ve never been.

I’m enjoying “Travels With Mabel”.
    oh most noble MOD - rename the thread
    Careful, that's my moniker. We can't let the freakishly tall steal my shit.
    Founders Club
    Also, I am really enjoying travels with Mabel.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Right now in the middle of Oregon - Burns the Covid Rebellion capital of Oregon. Have not seen a mask on anyone here. What the heck do people do in windblown high desert areas?
    I think I am in the largest county in Oregon with the smallest population. Known for the Bundy Rebellion just south of here. My daughter works for Travel Oregon and was telling me she was passing thru this area and a biker group had special windshield signs made that said "Fuck Kate Brown". She says this defines Burns.

Happy Trails - off to Idaho tomorrow morning

Burns is shit as fuck. I’ve never been.

I’m enjoying “Travels With Mabel”.
    oh most noble MOD - rename the thread
    Careful, that's my moniker. We can't let the freakishly tall steal my shit.
    humble apologies - I am old and short and easily intimidated by tall freaky people
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m still disappointed Labem didn’t hit Thousand Trails RV Campground in Sun River. That was always my in laws go to when they were trailer trash.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Also, I am really enjoying travels with Mabel.

#MeToo
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

Mabel is on the move again. Being the idiot I am, I plan this trip through eastern Oregon, Idaho, and Utah based on the average temps. Well the reason the average temps are near 65 this time of year is because a week ago they were in the 90's and now the 40's. Snowing where I be 40 miles east of Twin Falls.

"Winter Driving Conditions - Use Caution" and frigging snowing about 500 ft past the sign. How did they know where to put that sign just amazes me.

Anyway, as I hooked up everything this morning it was 38 with a what seemed like -15 wind chill.

and settled in for what the weather report says is 5 days of freezing temps

I've driven in heavy, deep snow in Utah in every month of the year, save July and August.
    Utah snow superiority guy. Every bored has one.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

Mabel is on the move again. Being the idiot I am, I plan this trip through eastern Oregon, Idaho, and Utah based on the average temps. Well the reason the average temps are near 65 this time of year is because a week ago they were in the 90's and now the 40's. Snowing where I be 40 miles east of Twin Falls.

"Winter Driving Conditions - Use Caution" and frigging snowing about 500 ft past the sign. How did they know where to put that sign just amazes me.

Anyway, as I hooked up everything this morning it was 38 with a what seemed like -15 wind chill.

and settled in for what the weather report says is 5 days of freezing temps

I've driven in heavy, deep snow in Utah in every month of the year, save July and August.
    Utah snow superiority guy. Every bored has one.
    It’s the GOAT Snow. Says so on the license plate.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Well I roll into Provo and it is 64 degrees and then all hell breaks loose. 50 mph winds. I know when to travel.

Snowing all around us but not too bad really

I 15 is a windy sum bitch.
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Well I roll into Provo and it is 64 degrees and then all hell breaks loose. 50 mph winds. I know when to travel.

Snowing all around us but not too bad really

Try to pick up a sister wife for Mabel while you're there.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Awesome, thank you for updating this.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

was at Mike's grocery and did see a couple sister wives - mentioned it to the Mrs but she was unaware. I did not want to stare at the outfits too much - dressed alike head to toe. I think, but could not confirm, that the armpits were cutout.

So from there went to the town of Frisco - Old Frisco Mining Town to be exact, absolute ghost town. Mined silver, few buildings crumbling away and these neat ovens

area was blocked off by the mining company - fences up and warnings about fumes, cave ins, you know all the fun stuff.

and another picture

They could make some sweet kingsford briquettes up in there.