Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Me So Horny

Comments

• Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Pertinent comments from the OP's article links:

Another disheartened Facebook user offered a more measured response: "No matter how you look at it, seeing people smiling over the dead body of such a majestic animal is just sad."

Don't those people know that killing the majestic animals is for their own good?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,523
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Find me someone more butthurt than OBK. You can't.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

"We want animal populations to grow and thrive!" Kendall Jones, teeheehee.... stupid fucking bitch.
  • Options
    I like to reference irrelevant posts on irrelevant threads because I don't have any firepower left in the barrel.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    So are the animals endangered or not? Yes I'm too lazy to look it up.

• Options
    edited July 2014

So are the animals endangered or not? Yes I'm too lazy to look it up.

They are:

natureworldnews.com/articles/3967/20130913/white-rhino-added-endangered-species-list-effort-curb-poaching-crisis.htm

A few dumbasses in this thread seem to think otherwise though.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I like to reference irrelevant posts on irrelevant threads because I don't have any firepower left in the barrel.
    I like to accuse others of running out of firepower when I didn't have any firepower to begin with.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

I think it's pretty cool. And for all you split tails whining, they give game tags to keep the population healthy. It isn't a fucking free for all. But don't let facts get in the way of a good Greenpeace rant.

Bullshit. They sell game tags to rich foreigners to line their corrupt pockets.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good NRA rant.
    Boom. Mother fucking fatality.
    You two are dumb. The end.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

I think it's pretty cool. And for all you split tails whining, they give game tags to keep the population healthy. It isn't a fucking free for all. But don't let facts get in the way of a good Greenpeace rant.

You two are dumb. The end.
    You're the one that posted that they aren't endangered dude.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

So you didn't do any reading or research. Good to know. Gotta love bumper sticker activism.

Seriously. You really don't care about increasing healthy populations of these species. All you care about is how you are perceived by other shallow people who don't take the time to really understand problems and their solutions.

There is so much unbiased research out there it's embarrassing you would argue this shit.

This is obviously from an NRA shrill:

environmentmagazine.org/Archives/Back%20Issues/2011/July-August%202011/exploitation-or-conservation-full.html

There is work to be done and it's not perfect, but overall, the economic and environmental benefits of trophy hunting certainly outweigh the negatives.
    Hey look, you found a publication with a circulation of 3000 that supports your view that imperialist owned hunting ranches in Africa are good for the "environment".

Holy fuck.

You probably also think this is a good example of free enterprise and "capitalism".

How stupid are you?
    There are many unbiased articles on this topic. Your use of a trite logical fallacy is no surprise here. A thinking person can easily see that hunting can enhance conservation. But some of you Fucktards have trouble thinking beyond the "poor animal". It's not that hard to figure out. Give it a try.

OBK still won't do the research. He'd rather simply hang on to his uninformed opinion.

I don't own guns or hunt and do find it distasteful, but looking at the bigger picture the benefits outweigh that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

So you didn't do any reading or research. Good to know. Gotta love bumper sticker activism.

Seriously. You really don't care about increasing healthy populations of these species. All you care about is how you are perceived by other shallow people who don't take the time to really understand problems and their solutions.

There is so much unbiased research out there it's embarrassing you would argue this shit.

environmentmagazine.org/Archives/Back%20Issues/2011/July-August%202011/exploitation-or-conservation-full.html

There is work to be done and it's not perfect, but overall, the economic and environmental benefits of trophy hunting certainly outweigh the negatives.
    "However, concerns have been raised about the evolutionary consequences of hunting, as the most sought-after trophy animals are usually those with the best physical characteristics. By removing animals with superior genes from a population the genetic integrity of that population is compromised, casting doubt over the long-term sustainability of hunting tourism."

Sunk by your own article, which primarily deals with the economic aspect of the issue. Not surprising you injected an economic slant into this discussion. I don't see any mention of poaching profits. And why did you throw out an article by an "NRA shrill" to try to illustrate your point?

I don't give a shit how I'm perceived by anyone on this issue. I'm against trophy hunting endangered species. That doesn't make me a libtard.
    Jesus dude. Connect the fucking dots. Holy shit. And did you read anything I said?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited July 2014

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

"However, concerns have been raised about the evolutionary consequences of hunting, as the most sought-after trophy animals are usually those with the best physical characteristics. By removing animals with superior genes from a population the genetic integrity of that population is compromised, casting doubt over the long-term sustainability of hunting tourism."

Sunk by your own article, which primarily deals with the economic aspect of the issue. Not surprising you injected an economic slant into this discussion. I don't see any mention of poaching profits. And why did you throw out an article by an "NRA shrill" to try to illustrate your point?

I don't give a shit how I'm perceived by anyone on this issue. I'm against trophy hunting endangered species. That doesn't make me a libtard.
    Jesus dude. Connect the fucking dots. Holy shit. And did you read anything I said?
    huh?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited July 2014

I like to accuse others of running out of firepower when I didn't have any firepower to begin with.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I still see MANY sites listing them as threatened, not endangered. Plenty of "threatened" species are hunted by game tag to manage a healthy population.

The PETA people and the hunting conservation people have their positions clearly staked out, and nobody will budge. So fuck it. Believe whatever the fuck you want. I could give a shit. I will continue to hunt anything I want as long is it is on an officially purchased and legal game tag. The end.

Back on point, I would bang this chick enthusiastically. Nice to see a hot chick shouldering a man's rifle. And for anyone who has not shot a .416 Rigby, you should. You haven't lived until you have the equivalent of 6 30-30 rifles recoil at once. BAM! The PETA folks will need to put a pillow on their shoulder before they do it. A big one.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

huh?
    That was for OBKFS. I fucked up the quote. I'm new here.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

I still see MANY sites listing them as threatened, not endangered. Plenty of "threatened" species are hunted by game tag to manage a healthy population.

The PETA people and the hunting conservation people have their positions clearly staked out, and nobody will budge. So fuck it. Believe whatever the fuck you want. I could give a shit. I will continue to hunt anything I want as long is it is on an officially purchased and legal game tag. The end.

Back on point, I would bang this chick enthusiastically. Nice to see a hot chick shouldering a man's rifle. And for anyone who has not shot a .416 Rigby, you should. You haven't lived until you have the equivalent of 6 30-30 rifles recoil at once. BAM! The PETA folks will need to put a pillow on their shoulder before they do it. A big one.

Did you read the article he posted? It says they're not endangered. Just that they were going to put them on the list for some bullshit reason.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    Swaye said:

Back on point, I would bang this chick enthusiastically. Nice to see a hot ch shouldering a man's rifle. And for anyone who has not shot a .416 Rigby, you should. You haven't lived until you have the equivalent of 6 30-30 rifles recoil at once. BAM! The PETA folks will need to put a pillow on their shoulder before they do it. A big one.

It doesn't matter if the animal is endanger or threatened in this case. It would matter if there were just a few and an animal was in its reproductive prime. That wouldn't be allowed. The real threat is poachers. Poaches need to be dealt with and it takes people and money to do that. If you could sell a hunts that would bring in revenue so that poaching could be reduced and habitat for the species was improved and in the longer term, more of the species were thriving, then it makes sense. This is proving to be true. Yes, it's not perfect and things can be improved as the article I linked pointed out. (The well researched and footnoted article from a pro environmental source). All research says that on balance, this approach is helping.

But some people can't get past the "how can you kill a majestic animal!?" rhetoric.
  • Options

OZONE said:

OZONE said:

Swaye said:

Hey look, you found a publication with a circulation of 3000 that supports your view that imperialist owned hunting ranches in Africa are good for the "environment".

Holy fuck.

You probably also think this is a good example of free enterprise and "capitalism".

How stupid are you?
    There are many unbiased articles on this topic. Your use of a trite logical fallacy is no surprise here. A thinking person can easily see that hunting can enhance conservation. But some of you Fucktards have trouble thinking beyond the "poor animal". It's not that hard to figure out. Give it a try.

OBK still won't do the research. He'd rather simply hang on to his uninformed opinion.

I don't own guns or hunt and do find it distasteful, but looking at the bigger picture the benefits outweigh that.
    You realize how fucking ridiculous it is for you to say that right? Remember when we argued over single parents and you hadn't read a single paper one the issue? When I asked you to back up your claims you linked an insane mens rights website that had ties to a holocaust denial website.

OBK is a dope. You are intelligent. But you're not interested in doing the research either. You like to know just enough to confirm your position, not the bigger picture.