Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kobe Bitch

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
If you’re going to try to come after me on Twitter ... get your fucking facts straight

Absolutely NOTHING that you accuse me of is even remotely close to accurate

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,833
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's cold as fuck, then some years it's warm as fuck. 11 years ago, I was in New Orleans and was as freezing cold as I've ever been in my life. They got the same arctic blast this year....it happens.

So, yes, there is 'climate' change.

But somehow that's being a denier. And the statistical sampling window is one week now.

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Cancel culture?

• Options
    I always find it amusing that you never hear anybody talk about global warming in times likes these

That’s you ^^^^

How did I misrepresent what you said?
  • Options

Cancel culture?

No ... it’s called I’m not that interested in getting into your twisted logic on Twitter
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

And BTW, your last point is the most flawed attempt at thought that you’ve made ...

How much of a pompous ass do you have to be to think that 45-50% of the country (conservatives) are just flat wrong and there are some decent ones that can admit that they are ...

Let me give you a life lesson here ... we’re all wrong ... and we’re all wrong OFTEN in life on a day by day basis. If you think you have all the answers and that you’re right on everything ... let’s just say life has a funny way of humbling those that get too far ahead of their skis.

I'm just glad you split up your post
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Main bored belongs
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I always find it amusing that you never hear anybody talk about global warming in times likes these

That’s you ^^^^

It’s called sarcasm

When heat related events take place (notably hurricanes) ... everybody is really quick to point out the link between the event and temperature

Yet when really abnormal events swing the other way there’s never a recognition that things swing the other way as well

My point is that what bothers me most about climate change advocates is that they cherry pick events to their narrative ... it’s off putting

You want to show evidence that the effects of climate change results in greater volatility in weather ... I’m listening

You want to talk about observable data that we need to address ... I’m open to talking about how that is done

But I will always be critical of those that selectively use data to advance a pre-determined conclusion
    I think it’s odd that you said you were being sarcastic but you then spent the next few sentences arguing for the exact point that you were saying sarcastically.

You think cold weather disproves climate change.

You don’t understand the difference between weather and climate.

And the cold weather events to get addressed. Constantly.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/lx/you-can-thank-climate-change-for-extreme-weather-patterns-wreaking-havoc-in-texas-and-across-the-u-s/2553835/?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/cold-winter-global-warming-polar-vortex/a-56534450
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You need to see @IrishDawg22 again

And try to catch up.
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

You need to see @IrishDawg22 again

And try to catch up.

It's what his mommies told him.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

If you’re going to try to come after me on Twitter ... get your fucking facts straight

Absolutely NOTHING that you accuse me of is even remotely close to accurate

Alternative facts don't care about your feelings.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

That’s you ^^^^

It’s called sarcasm

When heat related events take place (notably hurricanes) ... everybody is really quick to point out the link between the event and temperature

Yet when really abnormal events swing the other way there’s never a recognition that things swing the other way as well

My point is that what bothers me most about climate change advocates is that they cherry pick events to their narrative ... it’s off putting

You want to show evidence that the effects of climate change results in greater volatility in weather ... I’m listening

You want to talk about observable data that we need to address ... I’m open to talking about how that is done

But I will always be critical of those that selectively use data to advance a pre-determined conclusion
    I think it’s odd that you said you were being sarcastic but you then spent the next few sentences arguing for the exact point that you were saying sarcastically.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/lx/you-can-thank-climate-change-for-extreme-weather-patterns-wreaking-havoc-in-texas-and-across-the-u-s/2553835/?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/en/cold-winter-global-warming-polar-vortex/a-56534450
    Again ... out of context

Everything about more volatile extremes in climate makes complete sense to me. I have never been one to not only embrace the direction of clean/green energy but recognize that there are elements of climate change that is definitely more controllable than what we’ve historically done.

Where I pause with caution is making sure that as we transition we make sure we don’t let things slip through the cracks and go “oops” after the fact ... which is what is happening in Texas

And let’s be clear, what’s happening in Texas looks and feels like gross negligence in terms of protecting infrastructure in case of these types of events.

The reason I say I’m being sarcastic is because I’m not seeing the same level of vigilance about claiming this vortex is indicative proof of global warming as when warm weather events happen. I suspect that that’s because it’s easier to draw connections to warning to warming events. The reality is people need to understand it goes both ways ... which was really my point (likely poorly made)

I think this is a good example of how if you want to actually have a conversation ... have one and engage. But if your path is to take something out of context and put someone out on blast, that’s just the wrong way to go about doing things.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

That’s you ^^^^

It’s called sarcasm

Again ... out of context

Everything about more volatile extremes in climate makes complete sense to me. I have never been one to not only embrace the direction of clean/green energy but recognize that there are elements of climate change that is definitely more controllable than what we’ve historically done.

Where I pause with caution is making sure that as we transition we make sure we don’t let things slip through the cracks and go “oops” after the fact ... which is what is happening in Texas

And let’s be clear, what’s happening in Texas looks and feels like gross negligence in terms of protecting infrastructure in case of these types of events.

The reason I say I’m being sarcastic is because I’m not seeing the same level of vigilance about claiming this vortex is indicative proof of global warming as when warm weather events happen. I suspect that that’s because it’s easier to draw connections to warning to warming events. The reality is people need to understand it goes both ways ... which was really my point (likely poorly made)

I think this is a good example of how if you want to actually have a conversation ... have one and engage. But if your path is to take something out of context and put someone out on blast, that’s just the wrong way to go about doing things.
    Didn't read but fuck it I chinned anyway.