Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

On the honks, prior to the game being announced, Petersen said:

“Trust me, those coaches, they were laying in the weeds on this knowing there’s going to be one of two teams, and probably had a strong inclination of which one.”

@DoogCourics or anyone who listened - is that honks episode worth listening to? Usually I get 5 minutes with them before I have to either turn off or commit seppuku. And I still cannot forgive Softy for his pro-Sarkisian takes in 2013. That was some enemy-of-the-program level shit.

Gladstone said:

On the honks, prior to the game being announced, Petersen said:

“Trust me, those coaches, they were laying in the weeds on this knowing there’s going to be one of two teams, and probably had a strong inclination of which one.”

@DoogCourics or anyone who listened - is that honks episode worth listening to? Usually I get 5 minutes with them before I have to either turn off or commit seppuku. And I still cannot forgive Softy for his pro-Sarkisian takes in 2013. That was some enemy-of-the-program level shit.
    I enjoyed it. Pete was pretty relaxed.
    @Gladstone, I enjoyed it. I listen to all and usually they’re a waste of hot air and time. But as @GrundleStiltzkin said, Pete was relaxed and seemed like retirement has treated him well.

He said his favorite part of watching the team is just seeing how much fun they’re having out there. Seeing how much they enjoy each other and the coaches and just playing.

Quite honestly, I feel we? are lucky Pete was introspective enough to realize he was burnt out and didn’t want to take the program with him.
    Almost introspective enough to realize his offense was flaming dogshit.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It’s fun to talk shit about ASU or teh Cuog getting hit with the Vid, but it’s just a crapshoot. We? probably been more lucky than good. Gladdy makes a good poont about no road games.

Bears repeating 23x, shame on the P12 waiting on #DarkWinter to start play.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If we ended up with BYU we didn't need to prepare anyway

Not a real quote but still
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2020

It’s fun to talk shit about ASU or teh Cuog getting hit with the Vid, but it’s just a crapshoot. We? probably been more lucky than good. Gladdy makes a good poont about no road games.

Is it a crapshoot? Different schools have different cultures, and different programs have different levels of discipline. I'm guessing the message has been hammered hard by Lake - you don't mingle with anyone who isn't on this team or you're fucked. Not sure I see ASU players being as diligent.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Is it a crapshoot? Different schools have different cultures, and different programs have different levels of discipline. I'm guessing the message has been hammered hard by Lake - you don't mingle with anyone who isn't on this team or you're fucked. Not sure I see ASU players being as diligent.
    Perhaps, it'd be nice if that was the case.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saban has caught it twice and Bama is SERIOUS about their bubble
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sweet.

Now all that's left is to come out and kick serious ass instead of shitting our? pants after all the shit-talking this week.

It's go tim.

• Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dflea said:

Sweet.

Now all that's left is to come out and kick serious ass instead of shitting our? pants after all the shit-talking this week.

It's go tim.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lake mentioned that Ulofoshio came up to him the other day and said, “Coach, you were in Tampa Bay when Derrick Brooks was there. What made him a HOF linebacker?”

So Lake told him what he thought and Ulofoshio wrote it down and left to study him.

I knew Brooks would be on the Husky roster, I just didn't know it would be so soon.

Jokes aside thats a good good choice for a lb for him to study.