Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Welp, I just bought a gun

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,904 Founders Club

Glock 9mm

Get in line now for a concealed permit if you want one. The process is months behind due to COVID shutdowns.

Glock 9mm

Get in line now for a concealed permit if you want one. The process is months behind due to COVID shutdowns.
    I have to renew in January. Wonder how that's gonna go.
    I applied yesterday for the first tim. I'm expecting it in 3-4 weeks. It might help that I have a tiny municipality/PD to go through.

I did finger printing through Bellevue Fingerprinting. Super efficient and they send prints directly to the state in liew of the municipality you apply through.

For DJ, I'm pretty sure Woodinville is on their list. Should tell you on their website.

I bought my first firearm (9M) in March or April when shit started going south, followed up a month later with a shotgun. I've stopped going to the range because ammos is so damn expensive.

I went the other way. Bought a 12ga in March and picked up a 9mm Glock last week.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

Glock 9mm

Glock 9mm

I applied yesterday for the first tim. I'm expecting it in 3-4 weeks. It might help that I have a tiny municipality/PD to go through.

I did finger printing through Bellevue Fingerprinting. Super efficient and they send prints directly to the state in liew of the municipality you apply through.

For DJ, I'm pretty sure Woodinville is on their list. Should tell you on their website.

That does help.
    hardhat said:

Sportsman's warehouse in Everett has occasionally had range ammo in stock, but it goes quickly. The last time I went to Wade's in Bellevue, their 9mm range ammo was $35 for 50 rounds.

That's expensive. If you are near Bellevue, go to West Coast Armory in Factoria.

I picked up 1000 rounds online for $650, or $0.65 per bang.

As of yesterday, it's down to $0.6 per bang at WCA.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club
    edited November 2020

I bought my first firearm (9M) in March or April when shit started going south, followed up a month later with a shotgun. I've stopped going to the range because ammos is so damn expensive.

Shotgun is the best home defense weapon and you don't have to practice shooting with one because 00 buck shot is the shit. Maim first, then a rifled slug finishes them off.
    It goes w/o saying, there's a popular misconception among the GP about shot guns...you do still have to aim them. But the advantage is 1 round of 00 Buck is like trowing 4 or 5 9MM bullets in one shot, so if you do manage to hit the bad guys they are going down hard.

• Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,246 Swaye's Wigwam

Dude61 said:

Glock 9mm

For me, it wasn't more than a three week process here in WA.
    Renewal, or new?

And for newbies, it varies by jurisdiction. If your in city limits, it's up to you're police department. Unincorporated areas (like me), it goes to county sheriff. The friendly agencies make it easy, like SnoCo sheriff. I've heard, going back aways, places like Bellevue PD don't
    New through the City of Bellevue.
    Dude61 said:

Dude61 said:

Glock 9mm

Renewal, or new?

And for newbies, it varies by jurisdiction. If your in city limits, it's up to you're police department. Unincorporated areas (like me), it goes to county sheriff. The friendly agencies make it easy, like SnoCo sheriff. I've heard, going back aways, places like Bellevue PD don't
    New through the City of Bellevue.
    Encouraging to hear. Thanks.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Dude61 said:

Glock 9mm

Renewal, or new?

Do you have to apply in your jurisdiction, or can you apply wherever it's available (and easy)? Last I checked, Redmond had to wait to Phase 3, along with Sammamish.
    CaptainPJ said:

Dude61 said:

Glock 9mm

Renewal, or new?

Do you have to apply in your jurisdiction, or can you apply wherever it's available (and easy)? Last I checked, Redmond had to wait to Phase 3, along with Sammamish.
    Standard rules are that you have to apply in your residential law enforcement jurisdiction. I don't know if there's any 'Vid exemptions.
    edited November 2020
    CaptainPJ said:

Dude61 said:

Glock 9mm

Renewal, or new?

As I understood it, the covid restriction had to do with who fingerprints. I know that Bellevue Fingerprinting covers Redmond.

I was told I could choose between BF in conjunction w my municipality, or go through King County Sherriff's office.

I imagine the same applies in Redmond, but you will need to discuss w Redmond PD to know for sure.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    I just saw what was inexpensive .45 ACP for $59.95 a box. Good thing I stock deep and reload.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,371 Founders Club
    doogie said:

Did you get ammo? Sign up for training?

Bazey and I will soon be going shooting.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,371 Founders Club

Glock 9mm

Yes I still need a concealed permit, holster, and ammo. I have to wait for the 10-day background check
    Sledog said:

Glock 9mm

Some actual training is highly recommended. Also join the NRA so you have a chance to keep it. If you drift to Idaho look me up I'll help you out.

Congrats Citizen!

Citizens are armed. Subjects aren't.

Oh yes, absolutely on the training, and thank you I will.
    RedRocket said:

Don't do it Stalin. There are people to talk to if you need help. Plus who will Vanilla work for if you're gone.

Poster: Did you hear what happened to Derek?

RedRocket: No, what?

Poster: He shot himself in the produce aisle at Uwajimaya's.

RedRocket: Oh, that's just great! What's going to happen to Hardcore Husky?
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    pawz said:

CaptainPJ said:

Dude61 said:

Glock 9mm

Renewal, or new?

As I understood it, the covid restriction had to do with who fingerprints. I know that Bellevue Fingerprinting covers Redmond.

I was told I could choose between BF in conjunction w my municipality, or go through King County Sherriff's office.

I imagine the same applies in Redmond, but you will need to discuss w Redmond PD to know for sure.
    Thanks.

Actually, I have a primary in the 509. I think I will be heading to the Chelan Sheriff's office shortly.

I'm sure it is MUCH faster in E WA!!

doogie said:

Did you get ammo? Sign up for training?

Bazey and I will soon be going shooting.
    If either of you can go on Mon/Tues, I'M IN !!

@PurpleBaze
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    Meal Team 6, assemble!