Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

@sonics1993 - Does Jacob Schuster end up a Dawg?

Don’t have a good read yet. The gray shirt offer set them back when it should have been a easy lay up. This staff does a great job of making there life’s more difficult.
    That was stupid and seems like TBS politics. If you want him, offer him and go after him. They will now that other big schools want him and the 247 guys raised him in the rankings.
    Totally agree
  • PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020

A few questions for the illustrious @sonics1993
    1. Regardless of the "take him because he's local" angle, do you think UW should have taken Julien Simon as an ILB solely based on his playing ability?
    2. What are your thoughts on the Robert Wyrsch commitment? Is he an under the radar stud or just a guy we took because OL recruitment wasnt going well?
    3. Who do you think we end up with as db commits for this class?
    4. Is Brandon Huffman full of shit when he says UW is recruiting Will Latu very hard right now but simply getting beat by Utah?
    5. Are we recruiting Lonyatta or are we still letting him go to Cal?
    6. Have you seen the QBs throw recently? Who do you think ends up as the starter? Do you have confidence in any of them to be great?
    7. What does our starting OL look like and do you think they will perform better than last years group?
    8. Is part of the issue with recruiting due to Jimmy hanging onto the policy of only taking a commitment when a recruit is willing to shut it down while other schools are telling kids to commit now and if you really want to take your visits you can (wink wink)?

1. Yes, if you willing to take Latu as a LB then you should take Simon who is better in every way.
    2. Good size and comes from weight lifting family. Obviously a project but with very little options that’s what they were left with
    3. Have no clue
    4. Sadly no but we just started recruiting Latu again about a couple weeks back. Like I said before, this staff does a great job at making there life more difficult then it needs to be
    5. Still in contact but he’s leaning out of state (ASU and Cal)
    6. No I haven’t seen them throw and no I don’t know who will end up as the starter. My confidence level is low just because of the inexperience, new system and lack of time to prepare. Tough situation to be in
    7. Pure guess since there was no spring ball. Kirkland, MJ, Luke, Henry and Curne.
    8. No, the pitch just doesn’t resonate over zoom. We desperately need campus visits to be allowed again. When that happens you will see momentum build.
    Shouldn’t the coaching staff temporarily change their approach? To be successive, shouldn’t you evolve to your surroundings? Cristobal and his staff are treating Zoom like their own recruiting playground. If I was a UW fan, I’d be pissed. Could this be an indicator that Jimmy might also not evolve if other things don’t work? One really bad class can set you back 2-3 years.
    No, you just wait it out until official are allowed again. The momentum will then shift Washington’s way as long as they don’t screw up on the field. Same thing happened last year, once the official’s started in June you saw the class come together. There’s still six months until early signing day, plenty of time.
    But we don’t know when officials will be allowed again. What if this stretches out to late August? I just think the UW coaching staff dug themselves a whole by not being creative on the recruiting front. It’s much better to be in the fold for a kid than having to flip him. If UW had been creative, an 8 win season would be acceptable for a good class. Now, they’ve pretty much put all their eggs in one basket, hoping for a 9-10 win season. If that doesn’t happen, this class could be an absolute failure.
    edited May 2020

1. Regardless of the "take him because he's local" angle, do you think UW should have taken Julien Simon as an ILB solely based on his playing ability?
    2. What are your thoughts on the Robert Wyrsch commitment? Is he an under the radar stud or just a guy we took because OL recruitment wasnt going well?
    4. Is Brandon Huffman full of shit when he says UW is recruiting Will Latu very hard right now but simply getting beat by Utah?
    6. Have you seen the QBs throw recently? Who do you think ends up as the starter? Do you have confidence in any of them to be great?
    7. What does our starting OL look like and do you think they will perform better than last years group?
    8. Is part of the issue with recruiting due to Jimmy hanging onto the policy of only taking a commitment when a recruit is willing to shut it down while other schools are telling kids to commit now and if you really want to take your visits you can (wink wink)?

1. Yes, if you willing to take Latu as a LB then you should take Simon who is better in every way.
    2. Good size and comes from weight lifting family. Obviously a project but with very little options that’s what they were left with
    3. Have no clue
    4. Sadly no but we just started recruiting Latu again about a couple weeks back. Like I said before, this staff does a great job at making there life more difficult then it needs to be
    6. No I haven’t seen them throw and no I don’t know who will end up as the starter. My confidence level is low just because of the inexperience, new system and lack of time to prepare. Tough situation to be in
    7. Pure guess since there was no spring ball. Kirkland, MJ, Luke, Henry and Curne.
    8. No, the pitch just doesn’t resonate over zoom. We desperately need campus visits to be allowed again. When that happens you will see momentum build.
    Shouldn’t the coaching staff temporarily change their approach? To be successive, shouldn’t you evolve to your surroundings? Cristobal and his staff are treating Zoom like their own recruiting playground. If I was a UW fan, I’d be pissed. Could this be an indicator that Jimmy might also not evolve if other things don’t work? One really bad class can set you back 2-3 years.
    No, you just wait it out until official are allowed again. The momentum will then shift Washington’s way as long as they don’t screw up on the field. Same thing happened last year, once the official’s started in June you saw the class come together. There’s still six months until early signing day, plenty of time.
    But we don’t know when officials will be allowed again. What if this stretches out to late August? I just think the UW coaching staff dug themselves a whole by not being creative on the recruiting front. It’s much better to be in the fold for a kid than having to flip him. If UW had been creative, an 8 win season would be acceptable for a good class. Now, they’ve pretty much put all their eggs in one basket, hoping for a 9-10 win season. If that doesn’t happen, this class could be an absolute failure.
    Every school is recruiting the same way. Look at the team recruiting ranking right now, the schools on top are schools with proven head coaches. All the teams with new head coaches are struggling, nothing you can do about it.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter

3. Have no clue
    *hole

3. Have no clue
    *hole
    It’s what I get for typing so fast.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    Standard Supporter

3. Have no clue
    *hole
    It’s what I get for typing so fast.
    *@PandaOrangeChiknDuck gets
  • PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

3. Have no clue
    *hole
    I went to a football school. You must forgive me.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I call bullshit on the the teams at the top of recruiting having proven coaches. Tenn, USC, Florida, Maryland, Miami, Texas. What have those coaches done?
    Still think Tenn has a few top guys go elsewhere and that there will be an abundance of de commits overall.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I call bullshit on the the teams at the top of recruiting having proven coaches. Tenn, USC, Florida, Maryland, Miami, Texas. What have those coaches done?
    Still think Tenn has a few top guys go elsewhere and that there will be an abundance of de commits overall.

I agree. That’s a BS excuse. Jimmy is as proven as a 1st year coach can be at a school these days. He didn’t have issues keeping every recruit in the 20 class. There’s something off here and it might be Jimmy.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I agree. That’s a BS excuse. Jimmy is as proven as a 1st year coach can be at a school these days. He didn’t have issues keeping every recruit in the 20 class. There’s something off here and it might be Jimmy.

Jimmy’s learning hard lessons

We kept the 20 class because the relationships were formed and the vision/message had already set in

The 21 class is struggling in selling the vision/message ... we can debate deeply why that is ... lots of attribution to go around
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter

3. Have no clue
    You never had to play a ranked COVID
    Who the fuck are you?
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Jimmy’s learning hard lessons

We kept the 20 class because the relationships were formed and the vision/message had already set in

The 21 class is struggling in selling the vision/message ... we can debate deeply why that is ... lots of attribution to go around
    Jimmy has had a super easy career so far riding the coattails of a CFB legend and hasn't had to learn any hard lessons along the way. He probably thought he was more important than Pete at times, these guys have big egos.

He interviewed twice down at Alabama just so he could stroke his own dick, feel like a baller, and get a little more money from the AD, even after CP had already laid out a ton of dough to tie him up for a long time.

I think this is why he hired a bunch of duds to work with, he thinks he doesn't need anyone else. He's a positive thinker executive bullshit type and not a seasoned realist.

So he's learning on the job.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2020
    We went from arguably a top 5 coach to Jimmy. Bhahahahahaaa or maybe I should cry.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020
    DawgFader said:

We went from arguably a top 5 coach to Jimmy. Bhahahahahaaa or maybe I should cry.

I think Jimmy is doing a fine job so far. LIPO

He hired a fired OC who later earned the title “assistant to the running back coach”. Jimmy himself is a defensive specialist. What could go wrong?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

I was an idiot for @firepete

bump