Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Three Eason’s will never make one Brady.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like the need a big dick qb with an elite arm.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

Three Eason’s will never make one Brady.

You’re right pod. They’d make 3 Easons.
  • WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If the Pats are convinced they can bring Brady back for another year or 2, or they can lure another veteran QB to NE to hold the reigns until Eason is ready, this would be a great pick.
    If they're taking him and expecting him to step in and start opening day this year, it's gonna be a fucking train wreck.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Eason is exactly the wrong QB for NE. Brady is no great shakes physically, but he has sublimated himself completely to the system, he is smart, committed, and cares.

Eason is apparently his exact opposite, elite physically, but marginal in brains and abysmal in commitment.

If they can get him, Tua seems like the right fit. Depressed asset who brings everything Belichick wants to the table. I'd actually love to see the Air Force QB at NE... Elite physically, HUGE arm, and clearly very smart and a team player.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Emoterman said:

Eason is exactly the wrong QB for NE. Brady is no great shakes physically, but he has sublimated himself completely to the system, he is smart, committed, and cares.

Eason is apparently his exact opposite, elite physically, but marginal in brains and abysmal in commitment.

If they can get him, Tua seems like the right fit. Depressed asset who brings everything Belichick wants to the table. I'd actually love to see the Air Force QB at NE... Elite physically, HUGE arm, and clearly very smart and a team player.

Reminds me of another husky QB

Bread said:

Emoterman said:

Cropped that piece of art for you. YWFMS.

"Take Browndy"
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Brady was always clutch...brownsox not eason showed an ounce of clutcness
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    More like Ryan Mallett 2.0. How’d the first version work out for them?
  • WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

That's pretty much a perfect comparison actually. I was curious, so I went back to read Mallet's scouting evaluation coming out of HS. Up until the last 2 sentences, it's pretty much a spot on evaluation of Eason:

"Mallett is a drop back passer with arguably the nation’s strongest arm. When he sets his feet he can throw with unreal velocity. Sometimes, he’s all arm and tends to forget some fundamentals. Mallett shows good accuracy. His arm allows him to make those hard throws over the middle look so easy. Mallett throws the deep ball with good touch. At 6-6, he shows good mobility and he makes good decisions with the football."
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

really wish eason could have been like mallett in college.

Emoterman said:

Just because they had Brady doesn’t mean they need a QB just like him. NE would obviously be a great place for any QB to go.
    My point is that Belichick doesn't want ANYTHING to do with a player like Eason, I'm not sure he'd want him even in the third round. Belichick needs his players to be fully committed and play smart AND fast, which seems to be far fetched to expect from Eason. Maybe after big dick falls on his face for 3 or 4 years he might figure out that grit is essential and be ready for NE, but not before he's humbled.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Bread said:

Emoterman said:

Hey wait a minute -- has this image been PhotoShopped?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    All your heroes are shit. Need ddy to be despondent
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Just because they had Brady doesn’t mean they need a QB just like him. NE would obviously be a great place for any QB to go.
    My point is that Belichick doesn't want ANYTHING to do with a player like Eason, I'm not sure he'd want him even in the third round. Belichick needs his players to be fully committed and play smart AND fast, which seems to be far fetched to expect from Eason. Maybe after big dick falls on his face for 3 or 4 years he might figure out that grit is essential and be ready for NE, but not before he's humbled.
    Don’t think that is true. Belichick might not like Eason, but he picked Ryan Mallet out of college. Mallet was always considered a head case.

Not every player on the Pats is a football genius with a high football IQ. He has a great system but there isn’t anything that out of the ordinary about it, and he has made plenty of shitty draft picks, just like every other team.

The advantage he does have is having six rings, which makes players that are problems for other teams, buy in. If they don’t, they get cut.

If Eason falls on his face for 3 or 4 years, he’s out of the league. Nobody gives a fuck about arm talent if you have already proven that you can’t get it done.