Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

It's 11 minutes long...

83 catches, 1607 receiving yards, 2257 all purpose, 35 touchdowns, 8 ints

He didn't get tackled until the 6:30 mark. This dude is fucking insane. RAC monster and a poster child for good hips my god.

ISHIT, but Emeka might be my favorite '21 recruit.
    It's John Ross tape, except if John Ross was over 6 foot.

Not saying he's as fast as JR3, don't twist. But he's equally elusive.

Monster.
    He’s a must get. Could simply be a great WR or play the Chico role and actually be good at it. Shades of Percy Harvin. Gotta get him the ball and he will do things when he has it.
    If this happens, could we then stop calling it the Chico role in favor of the Egbuka duty?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

It's 11 minutes long...

83 catches, 1607 receiving yards, 2257 all purpose, 35 touchdowns, 8 ints

JFC. I can't believe theres a player like that in Washington. It's going to be hard to not be a nervous, tbs fag loser when it gets down to the wire for a couple of these guys.
    Good news is both him and Raccanelli got the better of the other on offense. Egbuka covered Raccanelli all game and he still caught a ton of passes and had a huge game.
    I wondered if Egbuka was better off as a defensive prospect until I saw these recent highlights. No way. He's offense all the way.

Ita great to hear that Raccanelli matched up well with him. In fairness he's quite a bit older which is meaningful at that age, but head to head matchups with other elite HS players are always important when evaluating prospects. Raccanelli is going to be good too.
    One year older. And it is high school and Raccanelli is a lot bigger and stronger which won’t be the same in college. I think Damone was at the game.
    Math is hard. But still.

Yep I recall Damone posting about it, which is really unusual for him to do with a recruit. Sawyer must be the kind of guy Damone wants to date his daughter.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He'll do great at Oregon
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He'll do great at Oregon

Ohio State or Clempson if he leaves the state.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

He'll do great at Oregon

Awfully warm for 2021
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Every single one of those highlights would have been the play of the year if he was at UW.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

He'll do great at Oregon

Awfully warm for 2021
    Awfully 2020 for 2021.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

He'll do great at Oregon

Awfully warm for 2021
    I know you’re being sarcastic but he’ll be signing in 2020
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    it's so awesome but also so frustrating that our local high schools do marketing, promotion and social media so much better than the Ducks and Auburn fans in our own Athletic Department
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This is a situation where I think having Jimmy Lake is going to pay off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

This is a situation where I think having Jimmy Lake is going to pay off.

Yeah I like UW in this one.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    like I said, legit Jimmy Cornell 5* tape
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Steilacoom (Wash.) 2021 five-star athlete Emeka Egbuka had a monster junior season, one that earned him Gatorade Washington State Player of the Year and MaxPreps National Junior of the Year.

Yet, despite all of the awards, coming up short in the 2A state championship game left the five-star with a feeling of dissatisfaction.

"There is a lot of stuff I wish could have gone differently," said Egbuka. "I'm never satisfied with the season I had and I wish I could have had some plays back and some plays I should have made. I especially wanted to get that ring at the end of the season. So I have a lot of things to work on after my junior season. Just getting more knowledge of the game, learning how to run routes and being patient, finishing routine plays I should make."

Still, his season was a big one- he had over 2,200 all-purpose yards, 35 touchdowns and eight interceptions in leading the Sentinels to their first ever spot in the state championship game.

Now, Egbuka is preparing to shift his focus a bit to his own recruitment, a recruitment that saw him trim his list to a top ten in October, which included Alabama, Clemson, LSU, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, USC and Washington.

Arizona State and Arizona had both offered Egbuka before and those offers were reaffirmed on Tuesday.

He's considering taking some official visits this spring, but isn't sure where he'll trip.

"I've briefly talked about it with my parents and we're still narrowing down my list for official visits," said Egbuka. "I've had a lot of schools stay in regular contact, Clemson, Washington, Oregon, Ohio State, LSU and Stanford.

Last Saturday, Egbuka was up on Montlake for Washington's Junior Day and it gave him a chance to meet their new offensive coordinator, John Donovan, in addition to spending time with head coach Jimmy Lake and receivers coach Junior Adams.

"I was mainly with Coach Lake and Coach Adams and they were talking just about carrying on the Washington tradition and keeping the in-state players home and building something special on Montlake," said Egbuka. "I met the new OC, John Donovan, I got a chance to meet him at Junior Day and that was good. It was just good to be on campus again and be there with fellow Washington recruits."

The Huskies have already stopped by Steilacoom since the dead period ended and are expected back before it wraps as well as Oklahoma and Oregon coming through.

Egbuka said he's hoping to get down to Oregon for an unofficial, after having last been there for their spring game last year.

It's unlikely that any Pac-12 schools will get officials from him.

"Those schools that are further will get my officials," said Egbuka. "I'm saving my officials for the further schools."

Egbuka visited Clemson, LSU and Alabama last summer and also checked out Stanford and USC in the spring as well as Ohio State and Notre Dame.

Next, he'll determine where and when he'll take those officials.

A five-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Egbuka is the No. 1 athlete nationally in the 2021 class and is the No. 9 overall prospect nationally in 2021.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Personal opinion: don’t feel great about no official visits to P12 schools

Feeling Clemson

Hope I’m wrong
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Tequilla said:

Personal opinion: don’t feel great about no official visits to P12 schools

Feeling Clemson

Hope I’m wrong

agreed. at face value that is a hugely damning comment. these kids know that officials are important and the fact that he is only willing to give the Pac12 schools (and especially UW) an unofficial 'Wassup?" kind of visit instead of showing a level of seriousness and respect to participating in at least 1-2 official visits to a Pac school.

this tells me he has no interest in staying home. he's set the table quickly. kiss him goodbye folks.