Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    7 incher to Boomer Sooner from an OU mod
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The confidence these people get from a good interview with a kid is funny to me.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

This guy is only 1/6 for life time CB picks (Kebonge) so I'm not too worried. Probably made the leap because Caleb Williams is going to commit there soon.
    https://247sports.com/User/BBishop/Predictions/?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Football&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2021
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oklohomo? That shit won’t happen.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    4.0 student...goes to Oklahoma...
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020

If you want to rely on your academics, you might want to stick to the 3 star try hard recruits. 4 and 5 star players want to have fun, be pampered, get exposure, and play in the NFL. Are you telling me Washington is a better fit for this kid, than a college blue blood, that runs an explosive spread offense, gets more exposure, better weather, and better looking women? Just STOp

But...but...but we've got Donovan!!!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020

If you want to rely on your academics, you might want to stick to the 3 star try hard recruits. 4 and 5 star players want to have fun, be pampered, get exposure, and play in the NFL. Are you telling me Washington is a better fit for this kid, than a college blue blood, that runs an explosive spread offense, gets more exposure, better weather, and better looking women? Just STOp

I mean you're both over generalizing. There *is* a breed of highly ranked kid who wants those things but still gives a damn about academics. One can argue the wisdom of Washington positioning itself as Stanford north but that's certainly what we? have tried to do the past six years. With pretty strong recruiting success the last three years before this dumpster fire. Theoretically it should be an advantage for kids like Egbuka.

I'm not convinced he's coming here but I'm not worried about Oklahoma (and not really because of academis). I think it's tOSU or UW with Clemson as the wild card.

Butt yeah dsd is correct, UW's big edge for Egbuka is Sam (and location/proximity to home). Academis is just a bonus.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

I mean you're both over generalizing. There *is* a breed of highly ranked kid who wants those things but still gives a damn about academics. One can argue the wisdom of Washington positioning itself as Stanford north but that's certainly what we? have tried to do the past six years. With pretty strong recruiting success the last three years before this dumpster fire. Theoretically it should be an advantage for kids like Egbuka.

I'm not convinced he's coming here but I'm not worried about Oklahoma (and not really because of academis). I think it's tOSU or UW with Clemson as the wild card.

Butt yeah dsd is correct, UW's big edge for Egbuka is Sam (and location/proximity to home). Academis is just a bonus.
    Hi. Those kids go to Stanford.
  • Options
    Huffman says we’re running in 3rd place right now
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Huffman says we’re running in 3rd place right now

He also said WSU was beating us for Tinae
    Maybe they are. Ever think of that?
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179

ND makes a living off 4 star kids whose folks like academics (they have to take calculus there and there is only so much academic support can do with that if you're dont study and/or are dumb).

Stanford used to get 4 stars in that line for a decade until their recruiting went down the toilet.

Pete made a living off them too.

Jimmy is the one sticking to upside 3 stars. He does it because he loves workin' with the buddies and doesnt seem to be able to put his foot up their ass to motivate them.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Backie dong to Oklahoma
  • Options

Backie dong to Oklahoma

They are about to get a stud QB commit today.