Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dontae Manning commits to Oregon at All American Game

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

I guess rankings no longer matter now

Of course they fucking matter on a macro level, but saying that some dude is better than an entire roster of other dudes coached by Jimmy Lake because of a number on his profile page is fucking idiotic. UW and UO again have similarly ranked classes that filled each team's positions of need and now it's up to coaching and good fucking luck to determine the rest.
    dtd said:

Of course they fucking matter on a macro level, but saying that some dude is better than an entire roster of other dudes coached by Jimmy Lake because of a number on his profile page is fucking idiotic. UW and UO again have similarly ranked classes that filled each team's positions of need and now it's up to coaching and good fucking luck to determine the rest.
    dtd said:

Not really. I stand by my statement that Washington doesn’t have a DB as good as Manning. That can be said for several other of our DB’s It not only is not idiotic, it is a truth you are unwilling to admit. You obviously don’t have an answer other than the juvenile claim “it’s idiotic.” Pretty weak. BTW who are you’re great DB’s and your fantastic DB commits?

You can't possibly know he's better than ANYONE else. That is why it is idiotic. You seriously need rookie shit like this explained to you?
    Then you are saying no one can make a judgement that one player is better than another. What IS idiotic is your statement. People make these judgements on here all the time saying how Husky players are better than Duck players.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT HYPOCRITE. THE EXAMPLE IS RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF YOU IN YOUR OWN WORDS. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

No. This is an example, right here in front of you in your own words, that you don't think very clearly.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2020

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

Not really. I stand by my statement that Washington doesn’t have a DB as good as Manning. That can be said for several other of our DB’s It not only is not idiotic, it is a truth you are unwilling to admit. You obviously don’t have an answer other than the juvenile claim “it’s idiotic.” Pretty weak. BTW who are you’re great DB’s and your fantastic DB commits?

You can't possibly know he's better than ANYONE else. That is why it is idiotic. You seriously need rookie shit like this explained to you?
    Then you are saying no one can make a judgement that one player is better than another. What IS idiotic is your statement. People make these judgements on here all the time saying how Husky players are better than Duck players.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT HYPOCRITE. THE EXAMPLE IS RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF YOU IN YOUR OWN WORDS. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

No. This is an example, right here in front of you in your own words, that you don't think very clearly.
    You are too ignorant to get it. 😂😂

It is in no way an example of the meme I posted moron.

I have already explained this but you seem to lack the ability to read and analyze.

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

I? get it. But it doesn't mean the eDuck Quookishness of it doesn't have me shaking and about to vomit.
  • Options
    I don’t speak doltish.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    BTW lest we get more moron obfuscation. None of you has stepped up to the plate to answer my question. Which proves my point about what we are talking about now. You would rather engage in ad hominems INSTEAD OF DEBATING THE SUBJECT AT HAND.

To wit: Who are these great Washington DB’s. Would any of them start at Oregon? Make the case.

Are you excited about the DB’s in your 2020 class? Why?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,054
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    DJDuck said:

BTW lest we get more moron obfuscation. None of you has stepped up to the plate to answer my question. Which proves my point about what we are talking about now. You would rather engage in ad hominems INSTEAD OF DEBATING THE SUBJECT AT HAND.
    To wit: Who are these great Washington DB’s. Would any of them start at Oregon? Make the case.

Now you've moved the goalposts. What happened to Manning being better than every single DB on UW's roster? You can't defend that statement because it is literally impossible to know, so now you're changing the subject. And you're going to talk about obfuscation and logical fallacies? DIAFF
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DJDuck said:

UW has a ton of great DB's. I haven't taken the time to analyze your starting DB's so I have no idea if any would start at Oregon. I do know I'll take Elijah Molden, Trent McDuffie, and Asa Turner over Manning rather easily since they've actually done it on the field. I'd be shocked if Oregon couldn't find a starting spot for at least 2 of those 3.

I'm very excited about Jacobe Covington in our 2020 DB class. Admittedly less excited than I would be about Manning but not much.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

It is in no way an example of the meme I posted moron.

I have already explained this but you seem to lack the ability to read and analyze.

Shut your pie hole.

• Options
    dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Now you've moved the goalposts. What happened to Manning being better than every single DB on UW's roster? You can't defend that statement because it is literally impossible to know, so now you're changing the subject. And you're going to talk about obfuscation and logical fallacies? DIAFF
    Classic @Ballz move. Not a good look DJ.
  • Options
    Not a good look? When you call out a hypocrite that basically says that you can’t have an opinion and compare players when it is done all the time on this very forum and site day in and day out Grow up. You are in the silly zone. Why can’t you answer the Questions?

Every time I try to steer this back to a debate on my original post which was provocative & meant to engender a conversation and not personal attacks people like you would rather engage in personal attacks rather than talk football.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

Not a good look? When you call out a hypocrite that basically says that you can’t have an opinion and compare players when it is done all the time on this very forum and site day in and day out Grow up. You are in the silly zone. Why can’t you answer the Questions?

Every time I try to steer this back to a debate on my original post which was provocative & meant to engender a conversation and not personal attacks people like you would rather engage in personal attacks rather than talk football.

Actually no, calling an incoming freshman better than any DB on a team full of 4 star DBs that has consistently produced NFL DBs is a level of stupid that is not reached all the time on this very forum and site day in and day out.

Congrats.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,380
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Actually no, calling an incoming freshman better than any DB on a team full of 4 star DBs that has consistently produced NFL DBs is a level of stupid that is not reached all the time on this very forum and site day in and day out.

Congrats.
    I believe our pups are a year ahead of the ducklings. Seems like we played a lot of frosh after losing the secondary to the NFL. As much as I may "hate" Rapp he's another Husky roaming the secondaries of the NFL

Let's save the dick measuring for game day where Oregon will win it anyway. But the secondary is our strength as @dnc said
  • Options
    More ad hominem attacks and no backup. That’s what is stupid. We are not talking about WHAT HAS BEEN PRODUCED. That is completely superfluous to the conversation.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

More ad hominem attacks and no backup. That’s what is stupid. We are not talking about WHAT HAS BEEN PRODUCED. That is completely superfluous to the conversation.

So a program's track record of development at a specific position shouldn't be factored into the projections for a specific player at the position.

Hard disagree.
  • Options
    No we are talking talent right now.
  • Options
    I wouldn’t trade any Washington DB for our starters and most backups. Mc Duffie and Molden are good but I doubt they would be starting at Oregon. I wouldn’t take any of them over Manning. What about your great DB 2020 class?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    DJDuck said:

I wouldn’t trade any Washington DB for our starters and most backups. Mc Duffie and Molden are good but I doubt they would be starting at Oregon. I wouldn’t take any of them over Manning. What about your great DB 2020 class?

No one ever said we have a great 2020 DB class.

But your homer analysis is highly suspect here.

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DJDuck said:

Calling yoreself provocative and generally thinking yore the smartest person in the room is boorish, flaggable and the reason you need to PM @IrishDuck22 to get this place dialed in better.

Manning is a great cornerback commit. But the 2020 version of Manning< 2022/23 Manning and also <2020 Lenoir/Graham. If Geico made a commercial about true freshmen corners, getting burned would be what they do. If Lenoir and Graham stick around, the 2020 depth chart becomes:

BCB: Graham, Wright, Manning
    FCB: Lenoir, James, Hill.

That's really good.

If one, let's say Lenoir leaves, it becomes

BCB: Graham, Manning
    FCB: Wright, James, Hill

That's not bad, especially since Wright is a fairly known quantity at this point.

If Graham and Lenoir leave it becomes:

BCB: Manning, James
    FCB: Wright, Hill

That's worrisome and throwing true freshmen to the wolves.

I assume the slot corner position will be fine. Now, let's move to safety. I like Bennett Williams a lot. But they brought him in pre-Brady Breeze end-of the-year breakout. Same game.

FS: McKinley, Pickett, Bridges
    BS: Breeze, Williams, Stephens

Assume also McKinley can move to slot corner if needed. But now what's set up here is two players who will be off the roster next year and not a lot of underclassmen in a position to step up and replace them. This is where losing Tae Williams and Slusher (in addition to Criddell last year) hurt.

It's a really good defensive back recruiting class. But lets not pretend that the roster is in perfect shape right now.

• Options
    edited January 2020

One man’s opinion. I guess it’s ok for him to compare players as long as it’s in your favor hypocrite.

I wouldn’t trade any of our starters for any of these DB’s Myles Bryant, I thought he was gone.

Myles Bryant has been torched by Oregon.

This is what I remember about Myles Bryant:

-He was beat by Jaylon Redd for a TD in the 2018 game at Autzen.

-He was beat by Dillon Mitchell on Pass that set up the winning field goal in Autzen

-Watching his attempted tackle this year at the Husky Stadium beat down when Cyrus just hurdled him.

• Options