Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hamdan

Comments

• Options
    CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Coach Peterman. 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

The red zone empty sets were especially special. Then throwing horizontal was even specialer.

Amen. We ran empty time after time after time...Why? We run wild cat too much. Why? We make ourselves one-dimensional on 1/2 our offensive snaps. Empty is great with a QB who is a runner, I think it is stupid otherwise. Someone should be next to skinny for protection at least or the threat of the run. Leave empty for the cuogs and troojs.

Pete and Bush need to pull there heads out, man.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

The red zone empty sets were especially special. Then throwing horizontal was even specialer.

Amen. We ran empty time after time after time...Why? We run wild cat too much. Why? We make ourselves one-dimensional on 1/2 our offensive snaps. Empty is great with a QB who is a runner, I think it is stupid otherwise. Someone should be next to skinny for protection at least or the threat of the run. Leave empty for the cuogs and troojs.

I disagree. Skinny is pretty mobile, more than I thought. He’s better than Bledsoe. Skinny playing for Leach would have WSU top 10.

To your point however this offense sucks major BBC. Everyone with a pulse has spotted the wild cat, triple Lindy play. Ahmad next to skinny and then split out in motion creates major disadvantages for the defense. I have yet to see where the offense takes advantage of the talent , and is more like making the talent fit the shit offense.
    There’s not a defense in college football that could stop a quick passing game with a qb like skinny and tall physical receivers, like Bryant, Puka, Bynum and Ozzy mixed in with slot receivers like Fuller and Chico
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I would like to point out that certain people on here loved the Hamdan hire for TBS purposes. From what I can tell he has not done shit on that front, either. Someone feel free to correct me on that so that I can feel mildly better about him. I'll take your comments off the air.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    Every game there’s a key demonstration of our inferiority complex manifested in ridiculous offensive play calling in key situations. Every week Pete owns it. Tired.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited September 2019

I would like to point out that certain people on here loved the Hamdan hire for TBS purposes. From what I can tell he has not done shit on that front, either. Someone feel free to correct me on that so that I can feel mildly better about him. I'll take your comments off the air.

I’m not convinced he didn’t recruit skinny from Georgia.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

I’m not convinced he didn’t recruit skinny from Georgia.
    He’s the whitest black dude ever. 👀 at that tan line.
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 487
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    This conversation reminds me of complaining about a real hot girlfriend who moaned too much during sex and had multiple loud orgasms. An embarrassment of riches and all I could think about was the mole on halfway up her back I used for target practice.

Y’all need to get a grip.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019

jecornel said:

The best is when we run wildcat on 3rd and 1 with Eason split out and a Chico fake sweep. Don't get the first. Call time out. And all that time and the only thing we can draw up is the exact same play but hand the ball to Chico.

And even better, the USC player that made the stop the first attempt. Read it and was right in Newton's face the second time. If he kept it would have been a 5 yard loss.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789

jecornel said:

I disagree. Skinny is pretty mobile, more than I thought. He’s better than Bledsoe. Skinny playing for Leach would have WSU top 10.

To your point however this offense sucks major BBC. Everyone with a pulse has spotted the wild cat, triple Lindy play. Ahmad next to skinny and then split out in motion creates major disadvantages for the defense. I have yet to see where the offense takes advantage of the talent , and is more like making the talent fit the shit offense.
    There’s not a defense in college football that could stop a quick passing game with a qb like skinny and tall physical receivers, like Bryant, Puka, Bynum and Ozzy mixed in with slot receivers like Fuller and Chico
    I agree Skinny is somewhat mobile, but he is not a runner. It's not like we're going to call a QB run out of empty. That's what I'm referring to.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

You know its fucking bad when you want Tedford Pinkel back in the booth.

Crisped.
    Extra crispy
    @ExtraChrisB
    Pics?

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Scott Linehan appears to be unemployed for the first time in 30 years. Can we just go ahead and bring him on back home?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    i want hamdan deported. build that wall
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

One of the main problems I have with our offense is that the defense dictates what we do on offense to a maddening extent.

All offenses game plan, but many teams that are good run what they run and they are so well versed at doing it because it’s been drilled so many times.

According to Pete, we don’t have an offense we run plays. It’s been obvious that it’s too analytical of an offense for years.

Pete’s made comments that are striking when he compares our offense to our defense. I beat that into the ground in 2014 and 2015 when I seriously questioned whether Pete would be the guy because the offense sucked and it was trending down at Boise State.

He’s proven that he is the guy, but the offense is still fundamentally flawed and does not bring out the best in our talent.

We have a good OL, three good backs, two NFL TE’s, and a QB who can make every throw. This should be an explosive and eifficient offense. We are definitely improved from last year, but the offense is still hit and miss and imo it all comes back to Pete and his scheme.

It’s fair to criticize Hamden, but our OC’s are hampered by Pete and his system.

In fairness, I don't think Petersen has ever said that. It was Jeff Choate in 2008, quoted in 2010.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    FirePete said:

I don’t understand why we got cute? We were moving the ball fine without the trick plays. Red zone is not good but still, but some of the play calling has been very questionable

One word: Beta Offense.
  • Options
    Trick plays are Beta as fuck. That Pete and Hamdan think this is "aggressive" is THE problem.
  • Options

Hey PETE

If you want to be "aggresive" I am OK! with that. FFS though use your elite for sure first round quarterback launching a piss missle at one of your massive sure handed WR/TE YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

DIS.