Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I see dead sites

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The content they produce is pretty great. The platform they have it on is not good, especially for mobile.

Air wolf, data dawg, and kodiak have had some excellent content which I have enjoyed and found worthwhile. My bitchy ass, selfish complaint remains that we're better all under one roof and I wish they were still posting here.
    Yeah, I always knew that none of them would be coming back save for a sporadic post here and there. It was wishful thinking that they would still be active here.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Their message boards are doogman 2.0

Dawgman has better platform jackass. I can at least follow wtf is going on
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,051
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I tried to like it. I really tried. But I am not smart enough to follow all of that metric shit and my attention span is too short to listen to hardcore game breakdowns. Evidently slow and stupid is not their target audience. But be slow and stupid here and you get a bored named after you, mod powers, and win the National Championship!

HH is pretty much Shangri La for losers.

This is why you and I are kindred spirits even though we have nothing in common (well, that's not exactly true, but still). Neither one of us really knows shit about X's and O's hawt talk and would be doomed to fail on a higher level discussion only bored. But we've got shtick (even though your brand skull fucked mine) and if you've got shtick you can thrive at HH.
    I like the X & O's shit. The Squints dude who posted there once, that was good chit.

The metrics shit just looses me. I still don't understand what meaning metrics have beyond just some more entertainment on our? favorite sport, or for gambling. The seeming drive to win on a chart instead of the field, I don't get it.
    Squints did some solid work and I learned quite a bit from his posts. I never played football and suck at the technical shit.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

I tried to like it. I really tried. But I am not smart enough to follow all of that metric shit and my attention span is too short to listen to hardcore game breakdowns. Evidently slow and stupid is not their target audience. But be slow and stupid here and you get a bored named after you, mod powers, and win the National Championship!

This is why you and I are kindred spirits even though we have nothing in common (well, that's not exactly true, but still). Neither one of us really knows shit about X's and O's hawt talk and would be doomed to fail on a higher level discussion only bored. But we've got shtick (even though your brand skull fucked mine) and if you've got shtick you can thrive at HH.
    I like the X & O's shit. The Squints dude who posted there once, that was good chit.

The metrics shit just looses me. I still don't understand what meaning metrics have beyond just some more entertainment on our? favorite sport, or for gambling. The seeming drive to win on a chart instead of the field, I don't get it.
    May I direct you to baseballprospectus.com or fangraphs.com or footballoutsiders.com or even fivethirtyeight.com? Nerds are gonna nerd, and nerds tend to love sports because of how quantification is baked into it with stats.

And as for winning the game on a chart being loserly wank, witness how much quants have changed baseball. Beyond just on base percentage being a mainstream stat now, look at the defensive shifts, batting order at the top, batting the pitcher in the 8 spot, and catcher defense being deified again.

I can't imagine it's the case, but I'd love to hear that the football program reached out to our world class CompSci Dept for collaboration. I guarantee there are scads of dweebs over there that would jump at the chance.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Squints did some solid work and I learned quite a bit from his posts. I never played football and suck at the technical shit.
    ¿da fuq? I've heard unconfirmed rumors that your quite tall. Damn, what a waste.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,051
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

¿da fuq? I've heard unconfirmed rumors that your quite tall. Damn, what a waste.
    I suck at hoops too, Grundle. #onetrickpony
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mad_Son said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

The content they produce is pretty great. The platform they have it on is not good, especially for mobile.

Air wolf, data dawg, and kodiak have had some excellent content which I have enjoyed and found worthwhile. My bitchy ass, selfish complaint remains that we're better all under one roof and I wish they were still posting here.
    Agreed, I dont really get their vision or why they felt the need to break off but whatever. Atleast it was done a better than than Chest and LittleJimmy and Friday Harbor. I guess they are trying to split the baby between here, dawgman, ruth, and reddit. I always thought the OG HHB coaching matters, fuck perspective philosophy naturally balanced really well with their new-age teen boy above all obsession.

DDY brand is tailor made for here where he can spew semi coherent recruiting insight wrapped in racism while disregarding actual coaching. People can argue with him on a relatively neutral ground about how fucking retarded he is for wanting to start Wellington over BBK and everything is fine, no one really cares.

Coker seems like a really nice guy that just wants to speak the truth about high school boys talent. Trying to monetize such a weird niche hobby in THIS free internet without a massive personal following or established community seems useless. IMO, he would do better being an active member here with a linked patreon account where people could directly donate to him for specific high level ideas and articles he wants to do that get posted to the front page (also rip).

TLDR: I like talking with those guys here, but its kinda weird to go argue with them on their own semi serious website that they made, that they run, about some attempt at a high level topic... Doesnt feel right calling DDY an elitist blackface wearing racist homo with a side of syphilitic moron in his own home while he is hosting an open house with a bunch of normals... idk...
    They want to give non-doogs, who are offended by HH a place to be. HH without the #filth.
    I was listening to the Jimmy and Chester show, and chest was joking about handjobs and cunnilingus from the cheerleaders as Dawg Pack 4th quarter prizes. I wasn't in The Pit when Chester made his schism, but seems it had something to do with filth... What am I missing here?
    I don't listen to his pods but he quit from HH, not the pit
    Chest was never on the Pit AFAIK
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

Agreed, I dont really get their vision or why they felt the need to break off but whatever. Atleast it was done a better than than Chest and LittleJimmy and Friday Harbor. I guess they are trying to split the baby between here, dawgman, ruth, and reddit. I always thought the OG HHB coaching matters, fuck perspective philosophy naturally balanced really well with their new-age teen boy above all obsession.

DDY brand is tailor made for here where he can spew semi coherent recruiting insight wrapped in racism while disregarding actual coaching. People can argue with him on a relatively neutral ground about how fucking retarded he is for wanting to start Wellington over BBK and everything is fine, no one really cares.

Coker seems like a really nice guy that just wants to speak the truth about high school boys talent. Trying to monetize such a weird niche hobby in THIS free internet without a massive personal following or established community seems useless. IMO, he would do better being an active member here with a linked patreon account where people could directly donate to him for specific high level ideas and articles he wants to do that get posted to the front page (also rip).

TLDR: I like talking with those guys here, but its kinda weird to go argue with them on their own semi serious website that they made, that they run, about some attempt at a high level topic... Doesnt feel right calling DDY an elitist blackface wearing racist homo with a side of syphilitic moron in his own home while he is hosting an open house with a bunch of normals... idk...
    They want to give non-doogs, who are offended by HH a place to be. HH without the #filth.
    I was listening to the Jimmy and Chester show, and chest was joking about handjobs and cunnilingus from the cheerleaders as Dawg Pack 4th quarter prizes. I wasn't in The Pit when Chester made his schism, but seems it had something to do with filth... What am I missing here?
    I don't listen to his pods but he quit from HH, not the pit
    I think of the whole lineage as the pit, even though I was just late to that party. Pit > HHB > anime fan board > HH.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

Chest never left the Pit that I'm aware of. He was there when I got there and there when I left and a particularly *huge* fan of the Pit perversions (which were far greater than HHB or HH or any other UW specific site).

His split with HH never made any sense to me in that particular context.
  • Options

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

Chest never left the Pit that I'm aware of. He was there when I got there and there when I left and a particularly *huge* fan of the Pit perversions (which were far greater than HHB or HH or any other UW specific site).

His split with HH never made any sense to me in that particular context.
    HH filth was bad for his brand (getting access to the AD).
    Seems people are getting hung up on the semantics of what bored he quit. I'm aware he quit this bored, and from what I hear it was because of filth. Then on his attempt at stardom, he's advocating whoring out the cheerleaders like a fucking 8th grader. It doesn't compute for me.