Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ballz said:

Banks is the final key that unlocks the Smalls treasure chest for UW. That's someone Smalls can click with and be close friends with during his time at UW. An Azeem + Keishawn kind of brotherhood except with Banks in the middle and Smalls on the edge.

Why is this? Have they even met each other? They're both high priority defensive recruits for the Huskies, but what else do they have in common?
    They each get to decide whether btp keeps a full complement of fingers.
    @FourFingeredFudgieDawg, true??!1!?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Banks is the final key that unlocks the Smalls treasure chest for UW. That's someone Smalls can click with and be close friends with during his time at UW. An Azeem + Keishawn kind of brotherhood except with Banks in the middle and Smalls on the edge.

Why is this? Have they even met each other? They're both high priority defensive recruits for the Huskies, but what else do they have in common?
    It's the same thing with Poly recruiting.

Same thing when McGary was worried about there not being a lot of "guys like me" on the team when he was being recruited by UW and almost chose Nebraska over us.

Guys wanna feel like there will be other guys on the team they can relate to culturally and easily be friends with. We want all the guys on the team to be friendly with each other for that family feel but the reality is a guy like Savell is not likely to be best friends off the field with a guy like Kaleb McGary. People naturally gravitate towards other people who have a shared culture and interests. McGary had Boomer as his best bud to go hunting and do white guy shit with. Azeem had Keishawn. Now Tuli and Taki are known by the team as "the twins". If we hadn't gotten Taki we probably wouldn't have been able to flip Tuli. I think we need to get Banks and for him to help peer recruit Smalls.
    So my hunch was correct. Roger...
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ballz said:

Ballz said:

It's the same thing with Poly recruiting.

Same thing when McGary was worried about there not being a lot of "guys like me" on the team when he was being recruited by UW and almost chose Nebraska over us.

Guys wanna feel like there will be other guys on the team they can relate to culturally and easily be friends with. We want all the guys on the team to be friendly with each other for that family feel but the reality is a guy like Savell is not likely to be best friends off the field with a guy like Kaleb McGary. People naturally gravitate towards other people who have a shared culture and interests. McGary had Boomer as his best bud to go hunting and do white guy shit with. Azeem had Keishawn. Now Tuli and Taki are known by the team as "the twins". If we hadn't gotten Taki we probably wouldn't have been able to flip Tuli. I think we need to get Banks and for him to help peer recruit Smalls.
    Good point here
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Nick Harris' best friend and roommate is Trey Adams.

Kid from LA with a kid from Wenatchee.

Don't feel like arguing, just going to say that as outsiders, we don't know what these kids like or don't like or who they do or don't mesh with. To say you do is asinine.

I have been to both LA and Wenatchee. Hard to tell the two apart. Nothing impressive.
    I didn't say it was impossible for guys from different backgrounds to be good friends. Obviously that's not the case. But not everybody is like Trey and can comfortably kick it with all types of people so some recruits might be worried that they'll feel awkward or like an outcast if they don't see some "guys like them" in the recruiting class that will be joining them at UW. That was obviously the case with McGary and I think that's the case with Smalls as well. We've made a big move in the right direction recently but I think Banks is the last domino that needs to fall for Smalls to be like "yeah, I can fit in at UW" and to really crush that "UW is for preppy guys" misconception.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019

Ballz said:

Don't feel like arguing, just going to say that as outsiders, we don't know what these kids like or don't like or who they do or don't mesh with. To say you do is asinine.

I have been to both LA and Wenatchee. Hard to tell the two apart. Nothing impressive.
    I didn't say it was impossible for guys from different backgrounds to be good friends. Obviously that's not the case. But not everybody is like Trey and can comfortably kick it with all types of people so some recruits might be worried that they'll feel awkward or like an outcast if they don't see some "guys like them" in the recruiting class that will be joining them at UW. That was obviously the case with McGary and I think that's the case with Smalls as well. We've made a big move in the right direction recently but I think Banks is the last domino that needs to fall for Smalls to be like "yeah, I can fit in at UW" and to really crush that "UW is for preppy guys" misconception.
    There are very few instances in society today in which anything is actually racist against white people. Educated people understand that which is why nobody cares. White people are not minorities in this country and over the past 500 years European people and people of European decent have been the most villainous people in human history. It's not like white people were slaves in this country and then generationally oppressed while being called "white trash". That didn't happen, so it's a false equivalency. I call you trash because I think you're a trash person and a racist. You continue to prove me right. You're literally on record saying I'm from Tacoma relentlessly and now trying to subliminally call me the n-word and you think that equates to me calling you white trash? LMAO get the fuck out of here.

It's time @DerekJohnson. This guy thinks he's untouchable because he's been here so long and he's escalating his racism. He's gotta go
    Now he's spamming the board and fagging up random threads on the recruiting board. Get this guy out of here @DerekJohnson. All he does is troll. It's time.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

Ballz said:

There are very few instances in society today in which anything is actually racist against white people. Educated people understand that which is why nobody cares. White people are not minorities in this country and over the past 500 years European people and people of European decent have been the most villainous people in human history. It's not like white people were slaves in this country and then generationally oppressed while being called "white trash". That didn't happen, so it's a false equivalency. I call you trash because I think you're a trash person and a racist. You continue to prove me right. You're literally on record saying I'm from Tacoma relentlessly and now trying to subliminally call me the n-word and you think that equates to me calling you white trash? LMAO get the fuck out of here.

It's time @DerekJohnson. This guy thinks he's untouchable because he's been here so long and he's escalating his racism. He's gotta go
    Now he's spamming the board and fagging up random threads on the recruiting board. Get this guy out of here @DerekJohnson. All he does is troll. It's time.
    @creepycoug is an institution he is not going anywhere rip @ZoneUW
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,745
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Ballz said:

Ballz said:

It's time @DerekJohnson. This guy thinks he's untouchable because he's been here so long and he's escalating his racism. He's gotta go.

Recruits and their families read these forums! Recruiting is being effected!!!