Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elijah Jackson, 2020 3* DB, Harbor City (Lawndale), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

According to sonics, he's just delaying the announcement to provide some distance between his and Jacobe's. He's committed and will announce soon.

Like today?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What's Going On With Elijah Jackson?

This one is a tough call.

Here's now things progressed.

The Huskies put some pressure on Jackson to make his decision and, seeing as how Washington had been the slight leader for him and his parents appear to want him there, he appeared ready to make his decision and told everyone he was going to commit to UW on Saturday.

Friday night, I am aware that there a phone call between Jackson and Cal and that really muddied the waters for the big corner. It's why he decided to wait until 8 pm and then ultimately change his mind.

So, the question is, did Cal make up enough ground to get him to hold off or, with Covington in the boat, did Washington tell him he didn't have a spot?

Right now, I'd say it's more likely that the Cal conversation made him hold off and he'll now wait so he can mull things over a bit more. We'll see how hard Washington goes after him now that he has become indecisive.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    I'm not even impressed by this kid and don't really want him but now I have to because I'm afraid of the plan D guy we'll have to offer if we don't get him. Early in the cycle we thought we were getting Ringo and Hector as slam dunks to UW at corner. Doesn't look like we'll get either. Good safety class but the corners are gonna be straight up hidden gem guys unless their Senior film really impresses.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited August 2019
    Ballz said:

I'm not even impressed by this kid and don't really want him but now I have to because I'm afraid of the plan D guy we'll have to offer if we don't get him. Early in the cycle we thought we were getting Ringo and Hector as slam dunks to UW at corner. Doesn't look like we'll get either. Good safety class but the corners are gonna be straight up hidden gem guys unless their Senior film really impresses.

What happened to Smith being better than ringo?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

Dom Hampton looked like ass in his Junior film but the coaches saw him at camps and loved him.

Senior film he was a god.

LIPO when it comes to our DB’s. They’ve never been anything but elite, and as @woof has proven, they have usually been the lowest ranked group in recruiting circles.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Ballz said:

Dom Hampton looked like ass in his Junior film but the coaches saw him at camps and loved him.

LIPO when it comes to our DB’s. They’ve never been anything but elite, and as @woof has proven, they have usually been the lowest ranked group in recruiting circles.
    Dude he did not look like ass. He looked ok his jr year, but nothing compared to his SR year
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    FirePete said:

Ballz said:

Dude he did not look like ass. He looked ok his jr year, but nothing compared to his SR year
    Compared to the way he looked as a senior? Yes he did.

People were wondering why he was being offered because he wasn’t that great. Then his senior film pops and holy fucking shit.

My point to Ballz was that the one position you don’t have to worry about lower ranked players being offered and taken is DB. The Senior film will tell the tale.
    dhdawg said:

Ballz said:

You thought I was being serious?

Ballz said:

That's why I said "unless their Senior film impresses". There's a good chance it will but as of right now, Smith and Jackson are objectively hidden gem recruits with the physical tools you want but haven't put elite high school performances on film. Equating every under-the-radar 3-star DB we recruit to Dom Hampton is stupid. That's a very rare occurrence in which a 5-star talent was rated 3-stars. Something like that is not likely to be repeated every time we take an under-the-radar 3-star DB recruit just because Jimmy recruited them.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ballz said:

dhdawg said:

Ballz said:

You thought I was being serious?
    glad I was wrong
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

It's not that rare at UW:

Rapp
    Jones
    King
    Peters
    Trufant

Off the top of my head.

Can Williams will be the next one.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Rapp
    Jones
    King
    Peters
    Trufant

Off the top of my head.

It's sounding like Hampton and Taylor belong on that list too. Also Jordan Miller would get a post career rating of 4*, but it very well could have been 5* if he had stayed healthy.

Amazing coaching to be sure, but this guy (Lake), or these guys as a staff, are really fucking good at projecting DB talent. Better than they are at coaching it even, perhaps.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Rapp
    Jones
    King
    Peters
    Trufant

Off the top of my head.

It's sounding like Hampton and Taylor belong on that list too. Also Jordan Miller would get a post career rating of 4*, but it very well could have been 5* if he had stayed healthy.

Amazing coaching to be sure, but this guy (Lake), or these guys as a staff, are really fucking good at projecting DB talent. Better than they are at coaching it even, perhaps.
    Also Gordon. It sounds like he will likely be starting alongside Taylor
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

Rapp
    Jones
    King