Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Sonics1993 summary-

- There is 2 players both currently committed elsewhere we are in good shape with and could flip.

My speculation on these 2 are Jake Shipley and Jaden Navarette. Not knowing anything but we kind of have an idea what our DB class will be and haven't filled any DL spots

I thought it might be Navarette but he said no.
    There's not a lot of flip possibilities there. Done at QB. Done at RB. Supposedly done at OL (sorry Marcus Henderson), Done at WR unless Gary Bryant wants in, DB class is mapped out (very slim chance we could flip Ransom), ILB class is Banks or nobody, OLB class is Smalls, Navarrette, or Keneley, D-line class is focused on Carlton but they have history with Shipley as well.

Only real flip candidates are:

Lathan Ransom: We weren't even in his top-5
    Jaden Navarrette: Possible if he visits.
    Kole Taylor: LOL not happening because Paopao
    Johnny Wilson: If he has a big Senior year UW may circle back to him but it looks like that bridge has been burned which is fine with me.
    Gee Scott Jr: Seems locked in with OSU.
    Jordan Botelho: Has communication with UW opened back up? I could see that.

So yeah, if there are two flip candidates I'm looking at Botelho, Shipley, and Navarrette as the most likely options. 66.6% chance we flip an Oregon commit, again.
    Nope
    Herbig.
    Why would they take both McDonald and Bruener with Banks still on the hook if that was the case?
    My first guesses were same as yours- Navarette or Botelho.

Those got noped- the next guy who we seemed to be in the best shape for before losing him was Herbig.
    Except it doesn't make any sense for UW to still be pursuing Herbig. They are in good shape with Banks and never needed three ILB's in this class in the first place. Herbig would be total overkill and scare off some 2021 ILB targets.

Until Sonic drops something actually juicy that we all didn't already know or could have made up ourselves, I'm not taking his word as gospel.

Navarrette and Botelho are guesses that actually make sense. Shipley as well to some degree. Outside of those guys nobody makes sense. If Sonic could drop a name that looks highly unlikely right now and it turns out to be true and actually happens, then I'd believe he's legit but it doesn't look like he's willing or able to do that.
    Exactly.

There must be another moving piece to the puzzle.

Maybe McDonald is wavering and thinking he wants to stay closer to home. Or maybe they are looking at McDonald outside.
    McDonald is playing ILB this season and all reports have been he's only an ILB for UW. I don't see him wavering. Sounds like from his post commitment interviews he was way more excited about his UW offer than the other schools that offered him (go figure) and distance is not an issue. His older brother plays for San Diego State and was trying to recruit him to play there.
    Yeah no shit stop being aspy. Like you said no specific scenario makes sense yet here we are.

I have a new guess though: Tosh Baker.

Because fuck Notre Dame and we can always use MOAR BEEF.
    That would be cataclysmic. Don't remember him showing UW much love tho before committing to Notre Lame.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2021 is fucking over people
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Peterman said:

Is this CATACLYSMIC?

I hate that word
    Do you hate the way the Great Poets used it or modern day parlance?
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Sonics1993 summary-

- There is 2 players both currently committed elsewhere we are in good shape with and could flip.

My speculation on these 2 are Jake Shipley and Jaden Navarette. Not knowing anything but we kind of have an idea what our DB class will be and haven't filled any DL spots

There's not a lot of flip possibilities there. Done at QB. Done at RB. Supposedly done at OL (sorry Marcus Henderson), Done at WR unless Gary Bryant wants in, DB class is mapped out (very slim chance we could flip Ransom), ILB class is Banks or nobody, OLB class is Smalls, Navarrette, or Keneley, D-line class is focused on Carlton but they have history with Shipley as well.

Johnny Wilson: If he has a big Senior year UW may circle back to him but it looks like that bridge has been burned which is fine with me.

So yeah, if there are two flip candidates I'm looking at Botelho, Shipley, and Navarrette as the most likely options. 66.6% chance we flip an Oregon commit, again.
    Nope
    Then who? Prove you have sources.
    Yes and alert the school who the recruit is committed to that he might flip. Genius idea
    Really? It's that much of a covert operation? Has UW ever missed on a potential flip because it leaked out too early on the message boards?
    Hell yeah. This school has no idea we are close to flipping him
    PM me the name then. Otherwise, you're full of shit.
    Do you honestly think I care what you think about me?
    PM me the name unless you're too chicken and full of shit.
  • Options

2021 is fucking over people

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Is 2021 going to be speshual for the dawgs?
  • Options
    FirePete said:

2021 class is going to be top 3 in the country
  • Options

Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Sonics1993 summary-

Nope
    Herbig.
    Why would they take both McDonald and Bruener with Banks still on the hook if that was the case?

Those got noped- the next guy who we seemed to be in the best shape for before losing him was Herbig.
    Except it doesn't make any sense for UW to still be pursuing Herbig. They are in good shape with Banks and never needed three ILB's in this class in the first place. Herbig would be total overkill and scare off some 2021 ILB targets.

Until Sonic drops something actually juicy that we all didn't already know or could have made up ourselves, I'm not taking his word as gospel.

Navarrette and Botelho are guesses that actually make sense. Shipley as well to some degree. Outside of those guys nobody makes sense. If Sonic could drop a name that looks highly unlikely right now and it turns out to be true and actually happens, then I'd believe he's legit but it doesn't look like he's willing or able to do that.
    Exactly.

Maybe McDonald is wavering and thinking he wants to stay closer to home. Or maybe they are looking at McDonald outside.
    McDonald is playing ILB this season and all reports have been he's only an ILB for UW. I don't see him wavering. Sounds like from his post commitment interviews he was way more excited about his UW offer than the other schools that offered him (go figure) and distance is not an issue. His older brother plays for San Diego State and was trying to recruit him to play there.
    Yeah no shit stop being aspy. Like you said no specific scenario makes sense yet here we are.

There just aren't that many guys we targeted, lost, and still want. I can't come up with any other options unless maybe Texas cooled on Princely Umanmielen.

Wanted him just for his name.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Sonics1993 summary-

Nope
    Herbig.

Exactly.

chinned for aspy

• Options

Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Sonics1993 summary-

Nope
    Herbig.

Exactly.

chinned for aspy

I didn’t get this type of pub when I called Leach an aspy on tbe pod
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

2021 class is going to be top 3 in the country
    Top 10, you’re doogin hard and I feel like I’m doogin calling a top 10.
  • Options
    I got the PM y'all *wink wink*. Sonic will deny it, but trust me I got it and boy is it juicy. Promised Sonic I wouldn't tell so my lips are sealed but Husky fans are going to be very happy if it happens. Cheers!
  • Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Ballz said:

Ballz said:

Sonics1993 summary-

Nope
    Herbig.

Exactly.

There just aren't that many guys we targeted, lost, and still want. I can't come up with any other options unless maybe Texas cooled on Princely Umanmielen.

Wanted him just for his name.
    Yeah, since the more realistic flips were rejected, I feel like it could only be Tosh Baker or maybe? Elias Ricks?
  • Options
    Ballz said:

I got the PM y'all *wink wink*. Sonic will deny it, but trust me I got it and boy is it juicy. Promised Sonic I wouldn't tell so my lips are sealed but Husky fans are going to be very happy if it happens. Cheers!

Seek help bruh
  • Options

Ballz said:

I don't even know what a PM is
    Ignore him