Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies Fall Camp 2019 Recap Open Thread

Comments

• Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    dawgs206 said:

Looks like Horn is picking up where he left off. Only one kick, but this better not become the norm. Pretty sure you could find someone on the men's women's soccer team that could consistently hit from 33 yards.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Cameron Williams - I don't think I've seen a freshman come in with as much poise and play-making ability as Williams. He just 'gets it'. His Football I.Q. is off the charts and he always seems to be around the ball. On Friday, Williams was running with the first team, playing Taylor Rapp's old spot (exactly what Lake told him he expected during the recruiting cycle)

Cam William's rise has been cataclysmic.

Back in the Spring, Pete said: “There’s been nobody that I’ve been more impressed with than Cam Williams. I mean, he shows up every day. You go back and put the tape on and even if it’s wrong, he does it full speed and it’s the right technique. It might be the wrong assignment, but there’s not a lot of that."

He might be the best player on our defense before the year is over.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Our defensive talent is spreading at every position we seem to have 2 guys that could be cataclysmic where as in the past a few years ago we would have had like 3 big names at most. Its like they talk about guys and them bring up other guys that you forgot we had and its just like fuck we haven't even talked about them yet.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Cameron Williams - I don't think I've seen a freshman come in with as much poise and play-making ability as Williams. He just 'gets it'. His Football I.Q. is off the charts and he always seems to be around the ball. On Friday, Williams was running with the first team, playing Taylor Rapp's old spot (exactly what Lake told him he expected during the recruiting cycle)

Cam William's rise has been cataclysmic.

Back in the Spring, Pete said: “There’s been nobody that I’ve been more impressed with than Cam Williams. I mean, he shows up every day. You go back and put the tape on and even if it’s wrong, he does it full speed and it’s the right technique. It might be the wrong assignment, but there’s not a lot of that."

He might be the best player on our defense before the year is over.
    The willingness to go full speed in the moment and take care of corrections after is huge.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TacoSoup said:

Before we (and I) lose our minds RE: position battles... This was from DMs 1st practice report in 2018

Eason still could suck and the Opera Singer might be running with the 1s but I’m beginning to think these open practices are strictly designed to fuck with us and our opponents

They aren't trying to fuck with anyone. Robert's and James were the most experienced guys going into camp, it's that simple. Same with Baccelia, Haener, and Manu this year.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019
    calling cam Williams in the draft in 3 years
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Doogman:

- Tryon looked outstanding coming off the edge. On one play, Tryon beat Trey Adams off the edge and would have absolutely broken Eason in half had things been live.

I like this new source of gifs you found.
    Considering he’s not chasing whores, NOT getting laid, and not doing blow I’d say he has a newly ignited passion for HCH due to all the free time he now has.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dawgs206 said:

Looks like Horn is picking up where he left off. Only one kick, but this better not become the norm. Pretty sure you could find someone on the men's soccer team that could consistently hit from 33 yards.

I never went to college. I can hit from 35... I might be 36 but whatever. Do I still have eligibility?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dawgs206 said:

Looks like Horn is picking up where he left off. Only one kick, but this better not become the norm. Pretty sure you could find someone on the men's soccer team that could consistently hit from 33 yards.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    H_D said:

dawgs206 said:

WTFAY?????
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LPT said it feels like Gregory is trying to give Manu every chance to earn the job.

Pro tip Bob: he won’t. Move on.

They also said 3rd team OLB combo Latu and ZTF were the best looking pair of the day. 270 and 260 and both flashing.

John Clark, Manu and Bowman are 3 of 6 starters if season started today on D.

The defense rests on why this team isn't NC caliber.

Bob Gregory is having to start a guy who last year who as a junior could not even get in a two man rotation (BBK/Tevis) and spell one of them once conference play started.

Glad recruiting doesn't matter.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I really hope we stop fucking around. These reps are valuable. I'll be honest I'm worried. 2 practices in and haener has been with the ones both times.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019

Doogman:
    - Jacob Eason stepped into the offense and tallied big plays to walk-on tight end Jack Westover down the seam and to tailback Sean McGrew who took a short pass and made one man miss before heading down the sidelines for a 25-yard gain.

- Eason looked more comfortable than he's seemed to be since he arrived at Washington last year. He stood tall in the pocket, didn't seem to worry about the pass-rush and made quick reads which allowed him to get the ball out.

This is what I like to see. He's throwing to scrubs and still lighting it up with poise. I'm not worried about this "competition."