Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tunmise Adeleye, 2021 4* DE, Katy, TX, (Offered 5/21/19)

124»

Comments

• RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Speaking of Gee Jr., since Gee Sr. seems to be posting over at dawgman lately, somebody should flat-out ask him why he thinks his son didn't get offered by UW.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    RealRhino said:

I really like this guy. I hope we win.

I like the Texas recruiting strategy. Think Pete is playing chess, laying the foundation. It's just time and effort. I think the notion that you have very limited resources to spend on recruiting is overstated. IOW, I doubt we are not putting forth as strong an effort in our typical footprint states because we are putting forth an effort in Texas. They might not be making as big an effort as you and I would like for, say, some CA guys that for whatever reason seemed to not have a lot of interest in us, but I don't think it's just because we ran out of time in the day.

Possible that showing what we are about to Texas HS coaches pays off at some point. I mean, it's the Rooney Rule. Maybe we don't get the job today, but at least we're getting our faces out there. Impress a few coaches, could pay off later.

Where is this idea coming from that we are neglecting Washington kids? Tracy Ford, whose job is to pimp/hype his kids as if they are all superstars? Gee Scott, whose job is to do the same for his son, but in so doing may be the reason he doesn't hold a UW offer?

I look at 247's top WA guys, I see basically two guys that we haven't offered that we "should" have: Gee Jr., DJ Rogers. And I think it's well understood that DJ's issue is off-field. Don't know what that is, but it makes sense. It's not that we don't recognize their talent. Otherwise I think we've offered 5 guys in WA. 2021, we offered the top 3 guys in the state. Don't know what the holdup is with Julien Simon, but that's one guy. I checked since Pete's been here, and it's very rare we didn't offer a WA guy who ended up being really good. I think they know how to evaluate.

Correctamundo. Who has Pete whiffed on in-state during his entire tenure? There's not many, if any. Sark whiffed on in-state guys that he wanted. Pete does not.
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    guntlove said:

RealRhino said:

I really like this guy. I hope we win.

I like the Texas recruiting strategy. Think Pete is playing chess, laying the foundation. It's just time and effort. I think the notion that you have very limited resources to spend on recruiting is overstated. IOW, I doubt we are not putting forth as strong an effort in our typical footprint states because we are putting forth an effort in Texas. They might not be making as big an effort as you and I would like for, say, some CA guys that for whatever reason seemed to not have a lot of interest in us, but I don't think it's just because we ran out of time in the day.

Possible that showing what we are about to Texas HS coaches pays off at some point. I mean, it's the Rooney Rule. Maybe we don't get the job today, but at least we're getting our faces out there. Impress a few coaches, could pay off later.

Where is this idea coming from that we are neglecting Washington kids? Tracy Ford, whose job is to pimp/hype his kids as if they are all superstars? Gee Scott, whose job is to do the same for his son, but in so doing may be the reason he doesn't hold a UW offer?

I look at 247's top WA guys, I see basically two guys that we haven't offered that we "should" have: Gee Jr., DJ Rogers. And I think it's well understood that DJ's issue is off-field. Don't know what that is, but it makes sense. It's not that we don't recognize their talent. Otherwise I think we've offered 5 guys in WA. 2021, we offered the top 3 guys in the state. Don't know what the holdup is with Julien Simon, but that's one guy. I checked since Pete's been here, and it's very rare we didn't offer a WA guy who ended up being really good. I think they know how to evaluate.

Correctamundo. Who has Pete whiffed on in-state during his entire tenure? There's not many, if any. Sark whiffed on in-state guys that he wanted. Pete does not.
    Honest question... what the fuck are you talking about?

So far, during Pete's tenure, Washington state has produced three consensus five-star players... Foster Sarrell, Jacob Eason, and Savell Smalls. Petersen went after all three, and unless there's some kind of miraculous, hail-mary turnaround with Smalls, he will be 0-3.
    That's why I asked. Clearly I forgot Eason and Foster. So he's whiffed on 2 guys that he wanted. And Eason came back, so 1? Smalls doesn't count yet. Now there's buzz that he still may come here. You can't count that.

Here's a list for you, motherfucker: Baker, McGary, Joyner, Adams, Potoa'e, Roberts, Wellington, Gilchrist, Ahmed, Bryant, Banivalu, Sirmon, Gordon, Morris, Kalepo. All in-state 4* guys that Pete signed that had a shit ton of offers from good programs. And y'all are going on about how Pete ignores in-state talent. Fucking Christ. I may not be a good counter but by my tally that's 15-2 right now, and arguably 16-1 because Eason came back. Pete gets in-state 4* players he wants over 90% of the time. Fuck outta here.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    Its almost like things change in recruiting.
    Founders Club

Nah, y'all are just digging for scraps to support your narrative. In May.
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Why are you in narrative supporting mode when not a single mother fucker on here cares about forming narratives?
    Founders Club

Why are you in narrative supporting mode when not a single mother fucker on here cares about forming narratives?
    Que?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I dont mind the Texas offers. They should be trying to gauge interest there. It doesn't have to come at the expense of locals and others in the traditional footprint.

That's where the weirdness comes in though. I can't understand the slow playing and cold shoulder toward so many locals. I'm tired of all the bitching about it but I dont know an answer to shut down the bitching either. It really looks bad for UW.

I still don't understand where this narrative that we're cold shouldering and pissing on local recruits is coming from. We cold shoulder ALL recruits. We're extremely selective. Only Furd offers less guys than UW. If you're not a fit, you're not going to get an offer. It doesn't matter where you're from. What is the basis behind this assumption that we don't give a shit about the local guys? Gee Scott and DJ Rogers? That's some extreme extrapolation if we're basing that assumption on 2 guys. I need more proof. It seems like an HH meme that has snowballed into something that it isn't
    UW has been slow to offer some of the local kids every year. In other cases, like with Scott and Rodgers they haven't offered at all. Meanwhile we throw out some head scratch inducing offers in Texas every year. It's not a meme, it's a real thing.

That's not true. I do.

Wait...I dont even know what you (or bigern further matter) mean.

Maybe this...there is a new narrative here that UW has cooled on Wilson. I dont believe it. I think UW has negative momentum in recruiting the bigger targets right now. Oregon, Gee Scott, and a fucktard or two from this place inserting themselves into the process have helped advance this. Itll go away and, I suspect, Wilson will be high on UW's radar again at some point.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I dont mind the Texas offers. They should be trying to gauge interest there. It doesn't have to come at the expense of locals and others in the traditional footprint.

That's where the weirdness comes in though. I can't understand the slow playing and cold shoulder toward so many locals. I'm tired of all the bitching about it but I dont know an answer to shut down the bitching either. It really looks bad for UW.

I still don't understand where this narrative that we're cold shouldering and pissing on local recruits is coming from. We cold shoulder ALL recruits. We're extremely selective. Only Furd offers less guys than UW. If you're not a fit, you're not going to get an offer. It doesn't matter where you're from. What is the basis behind this assumption that we don't give a shit about the local guys? Gee Scott and DJ Rogers? That's some extreme extrapolation if we're basing that assumption on 2 guys. I need more proof. It seems like an HH meme that has snowballed into something that it isn't
    UW has been slow to offer some of the local kids every year. In other cases, like with Scott and Rodgers they haven't offered at all. Meanwhile we throw out some head scratch inducing offers in Texas every year. It's not a meme, it's a real thing.

That's not true. I do.

Wait...I dont even know what you (or bigern further matter) mean.

Maybe this...there is a new narrative here that UW has cooled on Wilson. I dont believe it. I think UW has negative momentum in recruiting the bigger targets right now. Oregon, Gee Scott, and a fucktard or two from this place inserting themselves into the process have helped advance this. Itll go away and, I suspect, Wilson will be high on UW's radar again at some point.
    Sorry.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,467
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    FirePete said:

Damn @CallMeBigErn struggling @PostGameOrangeSlices style

christ you're dumb
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:
    I'm sad ... because he's really black.

Uuuhhhhhh ... that's the recruiting correlation I've been led to believe produces results .... right?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

"A lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep"

I fucking hate that shit. I know a couple guys who constantly repost that kinda shit on facebook from pages with names like "Alpha Squad" and "Man memes". Yeah, nothing makes you look like more of an alpha male than constantly trying to tell people you are.

These are kids. They are going to be corny.
    @cfbquotes true?