Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL DNC DEBATE GAME THREAD

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Didn't watch. Thanks for the live update thread. Definitely worthwhile read.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

What a train wreck. Dems have like 20 candidates and only two of them you don't want to strangle or laugh at after hearing them for less than 60 seconds. They should win this thing going away, but their strategy, execution, and messengers are horrible. Helps Trump imo.

Dems gonna Dem, losers lose.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

What a train wreck...want to strangle or laugh at after hearing them for less than 60 seconds.

Most people’s reaction to Cheeto baby.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I watched the entire thing. There was not one positive message uttered on that stage last night. No pride in country, no love for their fellow Americans, not one uplifting thing anyone could ever hang their hat on.

Think about that. Not one person on that stage has any pride in our country at all and they want to be President. WTF is wrong with democrats?

The Dems got hijacked by the 'progressives' the same way the GOP got hijacked by the Moral Majority evangelicals.

Once they figure out the math that those leftist fucks will vote D regardless OR that the D's can pick up MORE moderate votes running centrist candidates, they'll be relevant again.

Right now they've got Vernon Adams running the numbers. This is bell curve stuff. Racing to the left hand extreme of the X-axis is horrid strategy.

This is laughably ignorant. Moderate democrats had been getting slaughtered since 2008. They luckboxed their way into a Obama, the rare politician that could inspire the base while governing from the center, and they still couldn’t win elections with him in the White House.

We literally just settled this in 2016. Hillary Clinton is a moderate. She’s literally the moderate y’all keep swearing could beat Trump. She didn’t. Just like Biden won’t beat him. If only there were moderate democrats with tons of experience to run against Trump!

Trumo won because he’s not the moderate politician. Saying a moderate is how you beat that is fucking stupid.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump looks moderate now. He just ignored the alleged conservative never Trumpers and won anyway

And is now governing center right

It doesn't work to paint him as an extremist but they will anyway
  • Options
    Swaye said:

I watched the entire thing. There was not one positive message uttered on that stage last night. No pride in country, no love for their fellow Americans, not one uplifting thing anyone could ever hang their hat on.

Think about that. Not one person on that stage has any pride in our country at all and they want to be President. WTF is wrong with democrats?

The Dems got hijacked by the 'progressives' the same way the GOP got hijacked by the Moral Majority evangelicals.

Once they figure out the math that those leftist fucks will vote D regardless OR that the D's can pick up MORE moderate votes running centrist candidates, they'll be relevant again.

Right now they've got Vernon Adams running the numbers. This is bell curve stuff. Racing to the left hand extreme of the X-axis is horrid strategy.

This is laughably ignorant. Moderate democrats had been getting slaughtered since 2008. They luckboxed their way into a Obama, the rare politician that could inspire the base while governing from the center, and they still couldn’t win elections with him in the White House.

We literally just settled this in 2016. Hillary Clinton is a moderate. She’s literally the moderate y’all keep swearing could beat Trump. She didn’t. Just like Biden won’t beat him. If only there were moderate democrats with tons of experience to run against Trump!

Trumo won because he’s not the moderate politician. Saying a moderate is how you beat that is fucking stupid.
    I'm not sure Hillary is the hill to die on with moderate Dems my friend. I do agree that "some" moderate Dems have struggled, but I think Hillary lost because she is a horrible unlikeable person, not because she was a moderate. Her numbers on trust and likeability were horribly bad. Historically horribly bad.

I know you think the Dems need to veer FAR left, but they have that segment anyway. All the Dems need to do to win is recapture 20 percent of the white union vote they lost in the Midwest with Hillary because everyone hated her, she was uninspiring, nobody trusted her, AND she ignored the Midwest.

Her policies didn't sink her. The fact she was a historically poor candidate did.
    I would argue her being a moderate is one of the reasons why she unlikable and untrustworthy.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

Liawatha and the NY Commie making a play for the Union vote.

INSANE’: Elizabeth Warren, Bill de Blasio reaffirm they’d do away with private health insurance😂😂

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/06/26/insane-elizabeth-warren-bill-de-blasio-reaffirm-theyd-do-away-with-private-health-insurance/

Another claim that Hondo said was a lie.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019

Swaye said:

I'm not sure Hillary is the hill to die on with moderate Dems my friend. I do agree that "some" moderate Dems have struggled, but I think Hillary lost because she is a horrible unlikeable person, not because she was a moderate. Her numbers on trust and likeability were horribly bad. Historically horribly bad.

I know you think the Dems need to veer FAR left, but they have that segment anyway. All the Dems need to do to win is recapture 20 percent of the white union vote they lost in the Midwest with Hillary because everyone hated her, she was uninspiring, nobody trusted her, AND she ignored the Midwest.

Her policies didn't sink her. The fact she was a historically poor candidate did.
    I would argue her being a moderate is one of the reasons why she unlikable and untrustworthy.
    When you're a Marxist everyone to the right of you looks like a moderate and Hillary's politics have nothing to do with her being unlikable and untrustworthy.

Go ahead, make the argument that her being a moderate is what makes her untrustworthy and unlikable.
  • Options

Trump looks moderate now. He just ignored the alleged conservative never Trumpers and won anyway

And is now governing center right

It doesn't work to paint him as an extremist but they will anyway

Obama governed center left, got painted as an extremist and still won. I think we both would take issue with the others use of center but it’s interesting.

Also worth noting, Obama beat a moderate. Twice.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876

He did

McCain and Romney were real stunners on the personality scale.....

• Options

Swaye said:

You can argue that but you'd be wrong.

Hilary was and is a wholly unlikeable bitch. Charisma matters, bud. AOC is living proof of that. Dumb as a rock but knows how to play to her public appeal. Eventually that wears thin (see also Biden's past now biting him in the ass) but voters are also dumb enough to buy in for a few cycles.

Biden’s past of being a moderate?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876

Swaye said:

You can argue that but you'd be wrong.

Hilary was and is a wholly unlikeable bitch. Charisma matters, bud. AOC is living proof of that. Dumb as a rock but knows how to play to her public appeal. Eventually that wears thin (see also Biden's past now biting him in the ass) but voters are also dumb enough to buy in for a few cycles.

Biden’s past of being a moderate?
    No, a gladhander. Biden's a good dude to have a beer with. AOC is quirky dancing fun girl.

It's human nature, kid. Not much changes beyond Junior High student council elections.

William Jefferson Clinton figured this out and came out of nowhere. So did Mr. Hope and Change.