Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OFFICIAL DNC DEBATE GAME THREAD

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,636 Founders Club

He did

McCain and Romney were real stunners on the personality scale.....

Trump tore up their playbook

All Romney had to do was go after Candy and the rest and Obama was vulnerable

I went from not caring if Obama was president to active being against because of Obamacare
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,956 Founders Club

jecornel said:

Certainly addressing serious issues just no compelling solutions. Blaming corporations and the 1% is no bueno.

Find some fresh talking points

It reminds me of all the people outside Seattle who say Washington would better off with out it. Umm, you'd fucking starve. Get over it and fuck off.
    Yeah except outside of Seattle is where all the food is grown. Checkmate bitch!

Saying bitch a lot today. Get some fresh talking points bitch!
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

I watched the entire thing. There was not one positive message uttered on that stage last night. No pride in country, no love for their fellow Americans, not one uplifting thing anyone could ever hang their hat on.

Think about that. Not one person on that stage has any pride in our country at all and they want to be President. WTF is wrong with democrats?

The Dems got hijacked by the 'progressives' the same way the GOP got hijacked by the Moral Majority evangelicals.

Once they figure out the math that those leftist fucks will vote D regardless OR that the D's can pick up MORE moderate votes running centrist candidates, they'll be relevant again.

Right now they've got Vernon Adams running the numbers. This is bell curve stuff. Racing to the left hand extreme of the X-axis is horrid strategy.

This is laughably ignorant. Moderate democrats had been getting slaughtered since 2008. They luckboxed their way into a Obama, the rare politician that could inspire the base while governing from the center, and they still couldn’t win elections with him in the White House.

We literally just settled this in 2016. Hillary Clinton is a moderate. She’s literally the moderate y’all keep swearing could beat Trump. She didn’t. Just like Biden won’t beat him. If only there were moderate democrats with tons of experience to run against Trump!

Trumo won because he’s not the moderate politician. Saying a moderate is how you beat that is fucking stupid.
    I'm not sure Hillary is the hill to die on with moderate Dems my friend. I do agree that "some" moderate Dems have struggled, but I think Hillary lost because she is a horrible unlikeable person, not because she was a moderate. Her numbers on trust and likeability were horribly bad. Historically horribly bad.

I know you think the Dems need to veer FAR left, but they have that segment anyway. All the Dems need to do to win is recapture 20 percent of the white union vote they lost in the Midwest with Hillary because everyone hated her, she was uninspiring, nobody trusted her, AND she ignored the Midwest.

Her policies didn't sink her. The fact she was a historically poor candidate did.
    I would argue her being a moderate is one of the reasons why she unlikable and untrustworthy.
    When you're a Marxist everyone to the right of you looks like a moderate and Hillary's politics have nothing to do with her being unlikable and untrustworthy.

Go ahead, make the argument that her being a moderate is what makes her untrustworthy and unlikable.
    Honda is a moderate.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

I watched the entire thing. There was not one positive message uttered on that stage last night. No pride in country, no love for their fellow Americans, not one uplifting thing anyone could ever hang their hat on.

Think about that. Not one person on that stage has any pride in our country at all and they want to be President. WTF is wrong with democrats?

The Dems got hijacked by the 'progressives' the same way the GOP got hijacked by the Moral Majority evangelicals.

Once they figure out the math that those leftist fucks will vote D regardless OR that the D's can pick up MORE moderate votes running centrist candidates, they'll be relevant again.

Right now they've got Vernon Adams running the numbers. This is bell curve stuff. Racing to the left hand extreme of the X-axis is horrid strategy.

This is laughably ignorant. Moderate democrats had been getting slaughtered since 2008. They luckboxed their way into a Obama, the rare politician that could inspire the base while governing from the center, and they still couldn’t win elections with him in the White House.

We literally just settled this in 2016. Hillary Clinton is a moderate. She’s literally the moderate y’all keep swearing could beat Trump. She didn’t. Just like Biden won’t beat him. If only there were moderate democrats with tons of experience to run against Trump!

Trumo won because he’s not the moderate politician. Saying a moderate is how you beat that is fucking stupid.
    I'm not sure Hillary is the hill to die on with moderate Dems my friend. I do agree that "some" moderate Dems have struggled, but I think Hillary lost because she is a horrible unlikeable person, not because she was a moderate. Her numbers on trust and likeability were horribly bad. Historically horribly bad.

I know you think the Dems need to veer FAR left, but they have that segment anyway. All the Dems need to do to win is recapture 20 percent of the white union vote they lost in the Midwest with Hillary because everyone hated her, she was uninspiring, nobody trusted her, AND she ignored the Midwest.

Her policies didn't sink her. The fact she was a historically poor candidate did.
    I would argue her being a moderate is one of the reasons why she unlikable and untrustworthy.
    When you're a Marxist everyone to the right of you looks like a moderate and Hillary's politics have nothing to do with her being unlikable and untrustworthy.

Go ahead, make the argument that her being a moderate is what makes her untrustworthy and unlikable.
    Honda is a moderate.
    Debatable but you're not a moderate. Now where's that "argument" you claimed to have that says Hillary being a moderate is why she is unlikable and untrustworthy?
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Trump looks moderate now. He just ignored the alleged conservative never Trumpers and won anyway

And is now governing center right

It doesn't work to paint him as an extremist but they will anyway

Trump is “governing.”
    😂
    Lots of inane statements and obfuscation gambit IMO. What say u @DJDuck ???
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987
    PurpleJ said:

jecornel said:

Certainly addressing serious issues just no compelling solutions. Blaming corporations and the 1% is no bueno.

It reminds me of all the people outside Seattle who say Washington would better off with out it. Umm, you'd fucking starve. Get over it and fuck off.

And yet they're still pour. We? could buy them out like this [fingersnap.gif].

Also, we? could import our shit from elsewhere.

Starve. They would starve.
    Of all of them, the one that needs to go first, IMHO, is Booker. Seems like someone about to do or say something idiotic, and do it with a lot of passion and intent. That, and he would crack in the first week under the POTUS pressure.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Honda is a moderate.
    Debatable but you're not a moderate. Now where's that "argument" you claimed to have that says Hillary being a moderate is why she is unlikable and untrustworthy?
    Yeah, I’m not a moderate and I’m very likable. Thank you for proving my point.

I claimed it was one of the reasons. You do this constantly. You don’t take in what people write, create a false argument in your head and then declare victory. It’s boring.

PurpleJ said:

jecornel said:

Uhhhh I wasn’t seriously arguing your point, Einstein. Checkmate baitch!
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Honda is a moderate.
    Yeah, I’m not a moderate and I’m very likable. Thank you for proving my point.

I claimed it was one of the reasons. You do this constantly. You don’t take in what people write, create a false argument in your head and then declare victory. It’s boring.
    How is it a false argument and where did I declare victory? You claimed there was an "argument" that Hillary being a moderate is one of the reasons she was unlikable and untrustworthy. I just asked you to make that argument.

Next time just put a disclaimer on what you say. "I'm just emoting here because I feel like this sounds good, but I have no intention or ability to support this claim with anything that even remotely resembles an argument or a fact, and please don't ask me to do so because that will make my snatch very, very sore."
    I’m just here to say I’m not even going to read your post. I’m just bored with you.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

jecornel said:

Uhhhh I wasn’t seriously arguing your point, Einstein. Checkmate baitch!
    Baitch? Is that combination of bait and bitch?

I like it. Will evaluate going into the rotation.

Plus, I knew you were whooshing, and I whooshed your whoosh. You bit on my bait baitch!! You were victim of the double reverse whoosh.

Embarrassing, J. Embarrassing.