Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Our current commits - also Racanelli thots

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

10 yrs PGOS?

If that’s acceptable and the expectations around here, I’m hanging with the wrong degenerate fan base.

2-3 yrs from now Pete should have us in discussions as a “dark horse” cfp pick.

Hell, if the chips fall properly this year there’s no reason that we shouldn’t be able to sneak in after osu, mich, and pedo state play their annual eliminate each other games.

Clemson, SEC, either ND (not confident in this) or oklahomo and... udub? (Whoregon? Sorry, pac is still weak and one of the two wins it).

If your “next 10” includes the previous 5yrs (ish?), then yes, I guess I’d be ok with a natty between now and 2024.

I said win a natty, not make the playoff.

HTH.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Are you ok with half committed? That’s where I’m (others?) are not satisfied. You just admitted we’re not as serious as others. Why is this ok?

Agreed, until he isn’t, huard is potentially lawerence so why are we not properly recruiting around him? We should be hitting on more than jags who want huard to pass them into the league. (Ford or Bru say what’s up bitches)

Rb’s should be recruited on the fact that they will redshirt and then have huard as the guy opening up lanes due to D’s not being able to stack the box.

I think your in agreeance PGOS. We just need to pull back the layers to see we’re saying the same shit.

UW is never going to care about football as much as Bama, Clemson, or half the SEC schools.

I live in reality, sorry you don't
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Are you ok with half committed? That’s where I’m (others?) are not satisfied. You just admitted we’re not as serious as others. Why is this ok?

Agreed, until he isn’t, huard is potentially lawerence so why are we not properly recruiting around him? We should be hitting on more than jags who want huard to pass them into the league. (Ford or Bru say what’s up bitches)

Rb’s should be recruited on the fact that they will redshirt and then have huard as the guy opening up lanes due to D’s not being able to stack the box.

I think your in agreeance PGOS. We just need to pull back the layers to see we’re saying the same shit.

UW is never going to care about football as much as Bama, Clemson, or half the SEC schools.

I live in reality, sorry you don't
    You’re reality sucks ass then PGOS. Tried to reason and find common ground. The only thing we have in common is we love udub.

Feeble minded and “that’s just the way it is” or “ that will just have to be good enough, it’ll never get any better” is a bullshit state of mind.

Guess you’ll continue to downvote every thing I say since the gold star and handy comment. Even ballz saw the fun in that one.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Look, Ive been consistent

UW got it's best recruiting class ever last year.

You would never know that by the takes on this board.

I agree... with last year.

Aren’t we in a what have you done for me lately society? The suck until they don’t?

Maybe that’s just how I think because I’ve spent the last 15+ yrs in sales management.

I’m not pleased thus far and I think there’s evidence to back up this years current state of recruitment. Missing on a kid that shoulda been a slam dunk, we’ve missed making top 25’s for kids who should be highly interested, and kids that once were intrigued are no longer. My distaste is not race related rather strategy related and whom the strategy appeals to and how we are too stubborn to alter the strategy to appeal to the kids who will get us to the next level, the elite level.

LIPO, sure but with a frown on my face and distain in my tone.

And I’m done on this.
    The thing that stuck out to me in this post are the words "elite level". I think by far the most interesting discussion on this board is does UW reallly want to be elite level? I'm far from convinced that upper leadership wants a football program to compete with Clemson and Alabama. The president doesn't strike me as a football fan. I question Jen's committment to big time scheduling. I question the athletic department's competency and willingness to effectively promote the team to the fanbase. I question whether the fanbase has the inborn love for football that championship fanbases have. I'm very doubtful that Pete wants to recruit the type of athlete that gets you to elite level as evidenced by his overall philosophy and retention of some pretty weak recruiters on staff. I honestly think everyone involved in the program is happy to win 10 games a year and compete for PAC 12 crowns.

I definitely think the program can improve in a few respects, but I really disagree with your last sentence. Pete is too damn competitive to just resign himself to being the tallest midget on the west coast. Pete took a team that wasnt even in the top 25 talent wise to the fucking playoff, and one unit was easily championship caliber (defense)

Recruiting is trending way, way up since then. We need to LIPO a bit more. I personally think at the current trajectory UW will win a national title in the next 10 years.
    Have you looked at Clemson's latest recruiting class? We are not even in the same universe to compete with that kind of haul. Just imagine them leveling up from that for the next two or 3 classes. I see absolutely nothing on the horizon that attracts that level of talent to UW. Just being realistic. If you see something about our program that compares to that level of committment that Clemson has I'm willing to be educated.
    We gotta win a NC or at the very least a playoff game to join that recruiting universe. This has been rehashed, continually, perpetually, ad nauseam, over and over again, but Clemson was right where we are now, recruiting-wise, until they won a playoff game (and then next year a NC). UW does not have enough built-in advantages (location, tradition, etc) to recruit at that level right now and we don't give out bags or pander to elite recruits. Whether you like that or not, that's just how it is. Winning is the only thing that will push UW to that next level of recruiting. We have to have that breakthrough win and then the recruiting dominoes will fall. It could very well happen this year. Put me down for UW 31 - Alabama 2.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

10 yrs PGOS?

If that’s acceptable and the expectations around here, I’m hanging with the wrong degenerate fan base.

Hell, if the chips fall properly this year there’s no reason that we shouldn’t be able to sneak in after osu, mich, and pedo state play their annual eliminate each other games.

Clemson, SEC, either ND (not confident in this) or oklahomo and... udub? (Whoregon? Sorry, pac is still weak and one of the two wins it).

If your “next 10” includes the previous 5yrs (ish?), then yes, I guess I’d be ok with a natty between now and 2024.

HTH.

I said 2-3 for a cfp berth with a potential for one this year. You're sayin 10 FROM NOW for a natty. 🤣

Your expectations, though weak and possibly more realistic, are Inline with mediocrity.

If that’s the world you live in, enjoy it.

HTH
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

Aren’t we in a what have you done for me lately society? The suck until they don’t?

Maybe that’s just how I think because I’ve spent the last 15+ yrs in sales management.

I’m not pleased thus far and I think there’s evidence to back up this years current state of recruitment. Missing on a kid that shoulda been a slam dunk, we’ve missed making top 25’s for kids who should be highly interested, and kids that once were intrigued are no longer. My distaste is not race related rather strategy related and whom the strategy appeals to and how we are too stubborn to alter the strategy to appeal to the kids who will get us to the next level, the elite level.

And I’m done on this.
    The thing that stuck out to me in this post are the words "elite level". I think by far the most interesting discussion on this board is does UW reallly want to be elite level? I'm far from convinced that upper leadership wants a football program to compete with Clemson and Alabama. The president doesn't strike me as a football fan. I question Jen's committment to big time scheduling. I question the athletic department's competency and willingness to effectively promote the team to the fanbase. I question whether the fanbase has the inborn love for football that championship fanbases have. I'm very doubtful that Pete wants to recruit the type of athlete that gets you to elite level as evidenced by his overall philosophy and retention of some pretty weak recruiters on staff. I honestly think everyone involved in the program is happy to win 10 games a year and compete for PAC 12 crowns.
    The answer is no. Roll Tide.
  • Options
    Founders Club

10 yrs PGOS?

HTH.

I said 2-3 for a cfp berth with a potential for one this year. You're sayin 10 FROM NOW for a natty. 🤣

Your expectations, though weak and possibly more realistic, are Inline with mediocrity.

HTH
    You are fucking retarded. Do you think it is reasonable to expect UW to win more than 1 natty 10 years from now? Lets start with 1 chief
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just want to win a 🌹 with My Kinda White Vikings
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

10 yrs PGOS?

HTH.

HTH
    You are fucking retarded. Do you think it is reasonable to expect UW to win more than 1 natty 10 years from now? Lets start with 1 chief
    Ok!

You’re cool PGOS!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Bdtw actually getting started would have been the best thing that ever happened to this place.

Just fucking LEAVE Dennis and take your beta cuck followers with you.

someone is a fan of the TSIO guys
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

I definitely think the program can improve in a few respects, but I really disagree with your last sentence. Pete is too damn competitive to just resign himself to being the tallest midget on the west coast. Pete took a team that wasnt even in the top 25 talent wise to the fucking playoff, and one unit was easily championship caliber (defense)

Recruiting is trending way, way up since then. We need to LIPO a bit more. I personally think at the current trajectory UW will win a national title in the next 10 years.
    Have you looked at Clemson's latest recruiting class? We are not even in the same universe to compete with that kind of haul. Just imagine them leveling up from that for the next two or 3 classes. I see absolutely nothing on the horizon that attracts that level of talent to UW. Just being realistic. If you see something about our program that compares to that level of committment that Clemson has I'm willing to be educated.
    We gotta win a NC or at the very least a playoff game to join that recruiting universe. This has been rehashed, continually, perpetually, ad nauseam, over and over again, but Clemson was right where we are now, recruiting-wise, until they won a playoff game (and then next year a NC). UW does not have enough built-in advantages (location, tradition, etc) to recruit at that level right now and we don't give out bags or pander to elite recruits. Whether you like that or not, that's just how it is. Winning is the only thing that will push UW to that next level of recruiting. We have to have that breakthrough win and then the recruiting dominoes will fall. It could very well happen this year. Put me down for UW 31 - Alabama 2.

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

This is boring doog narrative bullshit. Winning isn't the only thing. What the fuck has Oregon won lately? Oh right, the prestigious red box bowl.

How about improving the messaging, branding, and marketing? #swooshlife #wareagle

How about not inviting elite recruits for games against North Dakota?

How about dumping coaches that don't even bother contacting elite recruits in the first place?

How about leveraging local talent by developing relationships early so that even if you haven't officially offered, the recruits talk about the coaching staff as involved and connected to all the local power programs?

How about not wasting resources trying to recruit diamonds in the rough out of Texas and just owning the shit out of California and the West coast first?

How about simplyfying an overly complex offense, loosening the fuck up as a program, having some fun, and not choking away a meaningful & winnable game because everything is based around the fear of fucking up?

No shit winning helps recruiting, so do a lot of other things that we have improved and can continue to improve.

GTFO and go push this shit back at Doogman or go circle jerk with J over "recruiting doesn't matter".
    Wish I could upvote this 100 times. We have figured out winning is not enough. The last 3 seasons have proved this.
    I remain unconvinced that UW is really "in it to win it". We fall short of serious programs in so many areas. Maybe it's just we are what we are.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

This is boring doog narrative bullshit. Winning isn't the only thing. What the fuck has Oregon won lately? Oh right, the prestigious red box bowl.

How about improving the messaging, branding, and marketing? #swooshlife #wareagle

How about dumping coaches that don't even bother contacting elite recruits in the first place?

How about leveraging local talent by developing relationships early so that even if you haven't officially offered, the recruits talk about the coaching staff as involved and connected to all the local power programs?

How about not wasting resources trying to recruit diamonds in the rough out of Texas and just owning the shit out of California and the West coast first?

How about simplyfying an overly complex offense, loosening the fuck up as a program, having some fun, and not choking away a meaningful & winnable game because everything is based around the fear of fucking up?

No shit winning helps recruiting, so do a lot of other things that we have improved and can continue to improve.

GTFO and go push this shit back at Doogman or go circle jerk with J over "recruiting doesn't matter".
    i came.....on J back
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

INvite PGOS. He likes handys and gold stars.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

Wish I could upvote this 100 times. We have figured out winning is not enough. The last 3 seasons have proved this.
    I remain unconvinced that UW is really "in it to win it". We fall short of serious programs in so many areas. Maybe it's just we are what we are.
    Uhhh. UW has not one a fucking thing that is of national relevancy
  • Options
    Founders Club

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

You clearly have it all figured out and know what's going on behind the scenes. Why are you wasting your incredible talent here? Go write a letter.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

This is boring doog narrative bullshit.
    Free Pub!

• Options
    Founders Club

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

And I’m done on this.

You clearly have it all figured out and know what's going on behind the scenes. Why are you wasting your incredible talent here? Go write a letter.
    LEAVE! You artifact of the Ty era.

Do the cocksuckers over at doogman a favor and drink bleach while you are at it.
    My gawd you're pathetic.