Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oh Alabama

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

People that hate on anti vaxxers and fuck up their immune system with copious amounts of alcohol and a shit diet suck too.

Sweet false equivalency??? And Alcohol doesn't fuck with your immune system.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

“My body, my choice” is the worst phrase a leftist can use considering they don’t apply that logic anywhere else.

So is it wrong because it's inconsistent or is it just objectively wrong?
    Get a better argument. It’s inconsistent.
    Inconsistent with what?
    With other leftists positions where they don’t give a shit about a persons body, choice, or agency.
    Right. I got that. I'm asking for an example.
    Vaccinations, mandatory government health care, minimum drinking and smoking age, type of food and beverages people are taxed heavily to consume, drug use, means to self defense...
    That's fair, but I'll just say this: you can be right about one thing even if you are selective about how you appply that reasoning to other things.

In this case, if the woman assigns no moral agency to the fetus, then they are right to say "my body/my choice" because the state is intruding upon her right to manage her physical self as she sees fit. That she forgets that rationale in some other arena doesn't make her wrong, just, as you put it, inconsistent.

Vaccines are tricky though. If the fetus has no moral significance, then the moral equivalent of removing a mole affects no other person.

If an unvaccinated person spreads disease (not offering up an opinion on that; I don't have the background to debate the point), then in theory that person is effectively assaulting other people. Lives are being effected!!! That's a potential distinction from the abortion debate.

Otherwise, yeah, I agree. People are full of shit and hopelessly inconsistent.
    On vaccines, what risks should someone be forced to take in order to protect someone else from harm?
    The risk of not contracting the disease.
    Big pharma and government forcing injections. What could go wrong?

https://www.empr.com/uncategorized/recall-announced-for-meningitis-vaccine/

This recall is considered precautionary as the batch associated with the recall was subject to a “mechanical intervention executed during the aseptic filling operations, which is not supported by validation data.”

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/novartis-recalls-liquid-version-its-anemia-drug-promacta-over-risk-contamination-from

To date, Novartis has not received any reports or adverse events for this recall.

https://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/valsartan-losatran-bp-med-recalls-2018-19

What is the risk of getting cancer from one of these drugs?

The FDA says it is very small. The amount of NDMA found in the recalled valsartan drugs exceeds acceptable levels. Records from drug manufacturers show the impurity may have been in the valsartan products for up to 4 years. The FDA estimates that if 8,000 people took the highest valsartan dose, which is 320 milligrams, from recalled batches every day for 4 years, there would likely only be one additional case of cancer over the life of those 8,000 people.

For context, 1 in 3 people in the United States will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.

Recalls happen every day on all kinds of things, including safety and health related products.

It's an imperfect world out here, but by all measures a safer one than before vaccines and things like seat belts, air bags and smoke detectors, etc.

If you can't handle the ups and downs of risk management, you might want to find another world to live in.
    What does any of this have to do with tariffs and whether your company may or may not shift production south of the border?
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Crime rates to soar in 16 years since it’s well known abortion keeps the population down of those groups who proportionately commit more crimes.

I don't know about soar, but a measurable increase in crime? Yes.
    O'Keefed comes out today in support abortion as a means to keep crime low, and we all know who gets most of the abortions in this country, and yesterday he came out in opposition to the creation of a Jewish homeland.

Can you breath with that hood on O'Keefed?
    Why do you hate facts? Every reader of Freakonomics knows there was a measurable drop in crime 18 years after abortion became legal and it occurred earlier in states that legalized abortion earlier.
    I once cited Freakonomics as a source for a college paper I wrote. My professor dinged me an entire grade.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,130
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Crime rates to soar in 16 years since it’s well known abortion keeps the population down of those groups who proportionately commit more crimes.

I don't know about soar, but a measurable increase in crime? Yes.
    O'Keefed comes out today in support abortion as a means to keep crime low, and we all know who gets most of the abortions in this country, and yesterday he came out in opposition to the creation of a Jewish homeland.

Can you breath with that hood on O'Keefed?
    Why do you hate facts? Every reader of Freakonomics knows there was a measurable drop in crime 18 years after abortion became legal and it occurred earlier in states that legalized abortion earlier.
    I once cited Freakonomics as a source for a college paper I wrote. My professor dinged me an entire grade.
    Old school.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

We aren't a theocracy so religious interpretations about life need not apply including my own personal thoughts on abortion at any time

In theory we make laws based on logic and science (stop laughing)

I believe the original ruling on first trimester was based on non viability outside the womb. Muslims didn't like that but tough shit. It was a societal compromise to protect the woman from the back alley. It was an acknowledgement that like drugs and booze, abortions were going to happen. They could be regulated or not.

Ever since this has been one of the best fund raising items on both sides. Bama is going to fuck that up by getting SERIOUS about almost eliminating it

The philosophizers take issue with viability because technology moves that line backward all the time, and so the thought is that whether someone is a person or not shouldn't be a function of technology.

I myself don't get too hung up on that and think the first trimester is a good enough line to draw. We draw lines in life all the tim. This is as a good a context to draw one as any.

*shrug Maybe at some point we will have the tech to consistently and safely transfer viable fetuses to those that want them. There's plenty of demand at this time in history to match up with the unwanted supply.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

In 18 years when Bama is still kicking our ass in football you'll know why

@CirrhosisDawg is a big fan of state's rights. Pretty sure he is on board with Alabama

It would be funny if after 50 years of scare tactics something happened after all

My advice is for both sides to calm down. Keep it safe and legal in the first trimester. Ease off the after birth abortion agenda.

Every action has a reaction.

My early line has the Surpemes upholding Roe thanks to Kavenaugh. Too bad the democrats want to impeach him

You and I agree a lot Race even though we don't like to admit it in public.

We are what you call "soft" pro-choicers. But no one wants to be reasonable these days.

Also, I cant help buy get my sensibilities offended when the good people of Bammer think and care about the sanctity of life. Their Cadillac had its wheel in the ditch for long time.
    "Pro choice" Yeah, I go with the side of liberty and small government, bc I strive for logical consistency.

However, my nephew was born at 25 weeks(which was the de-facto line of viability at the time, no idea right now). It's hard for me to think of that and think that at 24 weeks that fetus had no right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Some women don't give a shit about having an abortion, for some women it's an agonizing decision that haunts them forever. I know both kinds.

I'm willing to admit that maybe no one has the 100% morally correct answer on this one.
    It’s a messy as hell balancing act. But at a certain point the right to life, liberty and happiness of the unborn Trumps that of the mother.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

@CirrhosisDawg is a big fan of state's rights. Pretty sure he is on board with Alabama

It would be funny if after 50 years of scare tactics something happened after all

My advice is for both sides to calm down. Keep it safe and legal in the first trimester. Ease off the after birth abortion agenda.

My early line has the Surpemes upholding Roe thanks to Kavenaugh. Too bad the democrats want to impeach him

We are what you call "soft" pro-choicers. But no one wants to be reasonable these days.

Also, I cant help buy get my sensibilities offended when the good people of Bammer think and care about the sanctity of life. Their Cadillac had its wheel in the ditch for long time.
    "Pro choice" Yeah, I go with the side of liberty and small government, bc I strive for logical consistency.

However, my nephew was born at 25 weeks(which was the de-facto line of viability at the time, no idea right now). It's hard for me to think of that and think that at 24 weeks that fetus had no right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Some women don't give a shit about having an abortion, for some women it's an agonizing decision that haunts them forever. I know both kinds.

I'm willing to admit that maybe no one has the 100% morally correct answer on this one.
    It’s a messy as hell balancing act. But at a certain point the right to life, liberty and happiness of the unborn Trumps that of the mother.
    So what are the appropriate penalties to the pregnant woman choosing to abort and the doctor that obliges in this “messy as hell balancing act?” Past the first trimester or whatever one-size-fits-all time limit that applies? Murder charges? What charge does the father of the child receive?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So my body but I have to wear a seat belt?

Where's the freedom, man?

Who is stopping you from not wearing a seat-belt?
    The Man is

I like to complain about people not getting vaccinations while opening the border to people who don't have vaccinations

I'm a democrat

You do and you are? Where the fuck have I stated any of the above.

The fuckhead Russians and Ukranies in the Couv are anti- vax and that's what caused the issue there.

Instead of reading and thinking, you intentionally derail the discussion by oversimplifying, misstating facts, ad hominem attacks and obfuscation. It's your shtick, over and over again. Thread after thread. Day after day. Year after year. Painstakingly boring, but it must give you some joy. Congrats.
    Painstakingly Boring Superiority Guy
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,744

So what are the appropriate penalties to the pregnant woman choosing to abort and the doctor that obliges in this “messy as hell balancing act?” Past the first trimester or whatever one-size-fits-all time limit that applies? Murder charges? What charge does the father of the child receive?
    We're all wishing your parents were pro abortion.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Unborn Trumps

White Walkers?

YSWIDT? Ha ha
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Roe is a terrible opinion. I also think it is probably upheld, but it would probably have been better for the states to discover on their own how stupid it is to make abortion illegal.
    You know what, you and I agree on this. Without Roe all of this would have been worked out years ago. There would be some states where abortion was restricted to 1st trimester and then there would be states that you'd support that would allow you to murder the baby as it exits the birth canal but almost all states, with the exception of maybe two or three would allow for legal abortions.
    And you'd be ok with this diversity of rules?

Not surprised.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Roe is a terrible opinion. I also think it is probably upheld, but it would probably have been better for the states to discover on their own how stupid it is to make abortion illegal.
    You know what, you and I agree on this. Without Roe all of this would have been worked out years ago. There would be some states where abortion was restricted to 1st trimester and then there would be states that you'd support that would allow you to murder the baby as it exits the birth canal but almost all states, with the exception of maybe two or three would allow for legal abortions.

Not surprised.
    Unlike you liberal frauds, I really am Pro Choice.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2019
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Not surprised.
    Didn't answer the question.

Me? Liberal fraud? Prove it.

I'm also pro choice.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I like to complain about people not getting vaccinations while opening the border to people who don't have vaccinations

I'm a democrat

Mexico and most of Central America have a much higher vaccination rate than the US.

Facts > Feels

https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-caravan-central-america-vaccination-rates
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,312
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a democrat

Mexico and most of Central America have a much higher vaccination rate than the US.

Facts > Feels

https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-caravan-central-america-vaccination-rates
    And the dirt farmers at the border?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WHO has national estimates of vaccination coverage rates by country and type of vaccine. It’s unclear whether vaccination coverage rates include immigrants, but they definitely include those born in each country as of 2017. Vaccination coverage rates for the United States were unavailable for Tuberculosis and one of the polio vaccines (IPV1) while the IPV1 vaccine coverage rate is also unavailable for Costa Rica.

So a bunch of bullshit feelings

Thanks
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Not surprised.
    Didn't answer the question.

Me? Liberal fraud? Prove it.

I'm also pro choice.
    I think states should be able to choose what kind of abortion service their state should allow.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In some figures, some countries are excluded because there are no WHO estimates of their vaccination rates. The United States does not have the highest vaccination coverage rate for any vaccine reported below. Perhaps members of the migrant caravan have lower vaccination rates than their fellow countrymen

Even WHO wont support their own bullshit