Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Myles Murao, 2020 OL, Santa Ana (Mater Dei), CA (COMMITTED 😳)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2019

Huff has been average. I don’t hate him, but I’m not that excited about him either.

I don’t like last year’s OL class other than Fautanu and think it’s overrated by most of you here. The 2018 OL class is pretty good though, especially since Ale seems to be progressing well.

Basically LIPO for another year or two regarding Huff. The OL should be good this year. If it’s not, Huff is a problem.

I think your teen boi assessment skills are overrated!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    animate said:

Huff has been average. I don’t hate him, but I’m not that excited about him either.

I don’t like last year’s OL class other than Fautanu and think it’s overrated by most of you here. The 2018 OL class is pretty good though, especially since Ale seems to be progressing well.

Basically LIPO for another year or two regarding Huff. The OL should be good this year. If it’s not, Huff is a problem.

I think your teen boi assessment skills are overrated!
    RoadDawg has the best track record of evaluations of anybody out here. He ain't perfect but he's pretty damn good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Is this a woosh?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231

This place is an echo chamber. It's weird how this is supposed to be a place where you can be critical and demand excellence and not just trust the coaches, yet there are some that are above criticism.

The jury is still out on Huff. There are some worrying signs about his ability to develop guys (not saying he can't, but we don't know yet), and we've also yet to see if he can recruit without the poly movement.

We've had too many loser position coaches to crown a guy like Huff this early. Let's hold him accountable until he's earned our trust like Lake and Malloe have. Remember how everyone here loved Lubick at first?

Lubick was awesome!

Until he got offered a family banking job ... I mean ... as a really well paid college position coach, who could turn down something like that!!??

It was a natural progression that we should have all seen coming and would have answered all our questions why lubick was fucking the dog most of the year. Yes.
  • Options

This place is an echo chamber. It's weird how this is supposed to be a place where you can be critical and demand excellence and not just trust the coaches, yet there are some that are above criticism.

The jury is still out on Huff. There are some worrying signs about his ability to develop guys (not saying he can't, but we don't know yet), and we've also yet to see if he can recruit without the poly movement.

We've had too many loser position coaches to crown a guy like Huff this early. Let's hold him accountable until he's earned our trust like Lake and Malloe have. Remember how everyone here loved Lubick at first?

Sure as a coach the jury is still out, but to say last year OL class was overrated is also premature. But they were all highly recruited kids with good offer lists. So from a results point of view he did ok. But then again, Gregory had great class too. So I don’t know if I had a point
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Lol have any of you fuckers actually watched Hilbers play? He’s awful.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

R u sure you not confusing with Roberts? I know they all look the same
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Watch the spring game and watch Hilbers. Watch Hilbers specifically against Cal. Salvon ran for -8 yards and we couldn’t run the ball against fucking Cal. But it’s Salvon’s fault he sucks!!!1!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,831
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Huff will earn his money with Buelow and Kalepo. Both have the size, speed, etc. but will require a ton of teaching. Fautano will be great and that was a huge recruiting win. I'm not sure where Luciano will fit in. He will likely battle Norgaard to be Harris's replacement or be a 1st guy off the bench for any inside position.

So far the reports on Curne, Mele, and Ale have sounded really good. Huff is a Strausser student who actually seems to like and understand recruiting. Get Hatchett and Murao and you are leveling up again.

That being said, I'm concerned that our O line looked so shitty during spring and there were times last year when guys didnt seem to know their assignments. A huge tell on Huff this year will be how our tackles look. Trey should be back to old form and Hilbers should be able to be an all-conference level RT as a 5th year senior who started last year on the left.
    For reals question. Is dickmans over complicated offense aid in uncertainty with OL assignments?

I know it can with qb’s, wr’s, etc but I’m unsure with lineman.

The positive is these guys are NFL ready due to the complexity of the scheme. That message isn’t yet resonating with OL croots but another couple yrs with consecutive guys going early rounds and Huffs seat becomes massively cool.

For some reason I have the least amount of concern with OL crootin this yr. In huff I trust...?
  • Options

Watch the spring game and watch Hilbers. Watch Hilbers specifically against Cal. Salvon ran for -8 yards and we couldn’t run the ball against fucking Cal. But it’s Salvon’s fault he sucks!!!1!

Dude, pretty sure ppl are looking at Hilbers as a legit nfl prospect. He might get taken in 6-7th round next year
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    Penace said:

Mcgary specifically said the offense was too complicated. So yes it effects lineman just like it does everyone else. C'mon pete just rip it bruh

Multiple people have posted that yet have never added a link... When and where did he say that?
  • Options
    FirePete said:

R u sure you not confusing with Roberts? I know they all look the same
    @backthepack I am actually dialed in on this lol
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019
    Nice little thread derailment into a debate about the O-line and offense. Good job guys.