Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Free loading millennials

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

This obsession with millennials is sad.

The constant narrative has become stale. it was fun for awhile. .. but now we have to realize the Millenials are growing up. They are gaining real world experience!!! .... In twenty years they’ll be voting republican!
    People tend to get more conservative as they get older, not more republican. They won’t be voting republican because there won’t be a Republican Party. That will be Trump’s only accomplishment.

If you think millennials, who grew up on Bush and now are watching Trump as adults, will turn republican, you’re drunk.

What Bush policies were you particularly fond of that Trump has abandoned? Amnesty? Open borders? Forever wars? Don't hurt yourself.

People forget about those 8 years of Obama between the two when he could have hope and changed all that.....

Oh, he did preach hope and change.

He just did dick all.

I agree. But you have to remember, when he doing dick all, republicans were embarrassing themselves and the country by claiming the first black president in American history was illegitimate. How do you think that played with a generation as race conscious as millennials?
    Both parties are better at lobbing bombs from out of power than they are at leading in power. The GOP seems content again attacking the dem candidates and Congress. The democrats are happy they can rip Trump instead of having to defend Obama

As far as race goes the Black vote is no longer the battle ground. The Brown vote is and Hispanics don't give a shit about birther nonsense nor are they a monolithic block either liberal or conservative. Both parties think they can win them which is why the Establishment is all in on Amnesty
    That battleground will turn into Little Bighorn if Trump wins in 2020.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,019
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

What Bush policies were you particularly fond of that Trump has abandoned? Amnesty? Open borders? Forever wars? Don't hurt yourself.

It's about open borders. Millennials believe in a one world society without borders or boundaries. Are you that out of touch?
    You don't get out much. The Millenials I know are definitely not democrat. There is a wholly different world out there for those that seek different opinions than their own. Go meet someone other than a like minded liberal and broaden your scope..
    My kids would help build the wall.
  • Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    "Both sides equally bad" is a lazy cop-out
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

2001400ex said:

It's about open borders. Millennials believe in a one world society without borders or boundaries. Are you that out of touch?
    You don't get out much. The Millenials I know are definitely not democrat. There is a wholly different world out there for those that seek different opinions than their own. Go meet someone other than a like minded liberal and broaden your scope..
    Hillary won millennials 55% to 37%. And we hated Hillary. FOH.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

2001400ex said:

Yeah anyone claiming millennials don't lean left is just using anecdotal evidence and ignoring the objective data here.

Younger people are more liberal than older people. This isn't news.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,401
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

Yeah anyone claiming millennials don't lean left is just using anecdotal evidence and ignoring the objective data here.

I come from a time when that was more true of the younger generation than it is today and to suggest that Millenials are all one stripe is dead wrong. Secondly, the stats also show that over time and taxes, many of the young migrate more to the center right. 55 to 37% is not much of a divide for the young set at this stage. Give it time. The Millenials my kids hang with are definitely more center and mock the hard core left.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

I come from a time when that was more true of the younger generation than it is today and to suggest that Millenials are all one stripe is dead wrong. Secondly, the stats also show that over time and taxes, many of the young migrate more to the center right. 55 to 37% is not much of a divide for the young set at this stage. Give it time. The Millenials my kids hang with are definitely more center and mock the hard core left.
    No shit, they are going to migrate more to the right. And no one is suggesting they are one stripe. They are much more liberal at this point than conservative though.

Again, anecdotal doesn't mean shit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its only a matter of time before someone crosses the Rubicon and is installed as a "temporary" Dictator to "save' the Republic. The only question is which philosophy wins.

It wasn't the social decadence that brought down Rome and it won' be gay marriage that brings down America. It was the political decadence and the Senate abdicating its role that brought down the Republic in Rome

Our? Senate is hell bent on following the lead. The Founding Two Dads would not be pleased that politics is now a cult of personality focused on the President. While sometimes it seems like the President is powerless the phone and the pen and the EO are saying hold my beer.

As long as we switch the party of the President every 8 years we can keep saying but but but they did it too.

This is what years of listening to talk radio gets you

Didn't the Visigoths having something to do with it?

Paging @YellowSnow . I don't venture too far into history without Yella on board. He's a Webster's dictionary for esoteric historical fun facts. I don't recommend going mano a mano with him on that, or the erg machine.

PS to Yella: the kid hit 7:03 in her first 2K of Spring season yesterday. She mentioned that she was on pace for most of it to break 7, but slowed a bit at the end.
    Are you serious? Visigoths was a good poster by the way

The Republic fell long before Rome did.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Bullshit! My son loves trump!
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Bullshit! My son loves trump!
    I blame his other dad
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,401
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

No shit, they are going to migrate more to the right. And no one is suggesting they are one stripe. They are much more liberal at this point than conservative though.

Then why were you just anecdotal?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Then why were you just anecdotal?
    link?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

2001400ex said:

This is why I've never understood the democrats' stance on pro-choice. With the younger generation having fewer and fewer children, Democrats won't have the young vote impact they've enjoyed for the last couple decades.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

This is why I've never understood the democrats' stance on pro-choice. With the younger generation having fewer and fewer children, Democrats won't have the young vote impact they've enjoyed for the last couple decades.
    Liberals already enjoy massive majorities in most places with high abortion rates, so I don't think it hurts them too bad.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Maybe because we're smart enough to know that the world doesnt need more unwanted children. Unfortunately your parents werent. HTH
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

This obsession with millennials is sad.

The constant narrative has become stale. it was fun for awhile. .. but now we have to realize the Millenials are growing up. They are gaining real world experience!!! .... In twenty years they’ll be voting republican!
    People tend to get more conservative as they get older, not more republican. They won’t be voting republican because there won’t be a Republican Party. That will be Trump’s only accomplishment.

If you think millennials, who grew up on Bush and now are watching Trump as adults, will turn republican, you’re drunk.

People forget about those 8 years of Obama between the two when he could have hope and changed all that.....

Oh, he did preach hope and change.

He just did dick all.

I agree. But you have to remember, when he doing dick all, republicans were embarrassing themselves and the country by claiming the first black president in American history was illegitimate. How do you think that played with a generation as race conscious as millennials?
    Both parties are better at lobbing bombs from out of power than they are at leading in power. The GOP seems content again attacking the dem candidates and Congress. The democrats are happy they can rip Trump instead of having to defend Obama

As far as race goes the Black vote is no longer the battle ground. The Brown vote is and Hispanics don't give a shit about birther nonsense nor are they a monolithic block either liberal or conservative. Both parties think they can win them which is why the Establishment is all in on Amnesty
    That battleground will turn into Little Bighorn if Trump wins in 2020.

And you just explained the birth of the Never Trump movement in the GOP. After the June 2015 announcement they became convinced that Trump would blow their chances at the Hispanic vote and stand in the way of amnesty

The 2020 numbers and the economy will give us something more than anecdotal evidence on how the block votes
  • Options
    edited February 2019

2001400ex said:

Maybe because we're smart enough to know that the world doesnt need more unwanted children. Unfortunately your parents werent. HTH
    Sick burn from a baby killer

Fortunately, you'll never have to worry about it, because you'll never be in a situation to impregnate anyone.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Fortunately, you'll never have to worry about it, because you'll never be in a situation to impregnate anyone.
    Your mom would disagree about that last part
  • Options
    edited February 2019

2001400ex said:

So you have a fetish for old chicks...that's cool bro

Don't know how that would fix the last part though
  • Options

2001400ex said:

So you have a fetish for old chicks...that's cool bro
    I like em experienced