Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer to Nebraska

124»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He’s a natural for the Nebraska job. He knows that area for recruiting and is spectacular in the living room of big corn fed farm bois. He’s legendary in that part of the country. Probably coach for life if he wants it.

Also, he’s probably figured out by now that Washington isn’t serious about football and is more into LGTBQ diversity, equity and inclusion than football championships. Not to mention playing in a sold out stadium every week regardless of any broadway shows or traffic on I-80 would be appealing.

He has a tougher schedule next year and loses top talent. Make some hay while the sun shines and cash in.

Plus, I hear his wife LOVES the Nebraska/SD area.
    Nebraska is also already in the Big Ten.

Butt still, Nebraska seems to be rotten. Not that UW isnt without problems, but Nebraska has been a dumpster fire for 20 years. 9 win Pellini was as close to relevant as they have been.

Either way there is interesting nuances
  • Options
    Our best hope is for DeBoer to walk into Cohen's office and say: "This is what Nebraska is offering in terms of salary, budget for coordinators, assistant coaches and football staff. Also, the NIL collective has committed to raising $x million annually for recruiting and retention purposes. If you can match those numbers I'll stay. I need to know something by Sunday."

Put the heat on Cohen and the administration to either go all-in winning or accept 2022 will be the best Husky football season for the foreseeable future
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nebraska wants Urban Meyer

They are analyzing his FOX pre game appearance there similar to the DAWGS and Bob Stoops

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442

Our best hope is for DeBoer to walk into Cohen's office and say: "This is what Nebraska is offering in terms of salary, budget for coordinators, assistant coaches and football staff. Also, the NIL collective has committed to raising $x million annually for recruiting and retention purposes. If you can match those numbers I'll stay. I need to know something by Sunday."

Put the heat on Cohen and the administration to either go all-in winning or accept 2022 will be the best Husky football season for the foreseeable future

There's no way Cohen would be able to match anything that Nebraska offers in terms of cash or NIL
  • Options
    Also, Trev Alberts should push DeBoer hard to take a cold hard look at his staff and decide who would be worthy of joining him in Lincoln and who is not.

Money won't be issue, unlike what DeBoer likely faced coming to UW from Fresno State.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

There's no way Cohen would be able to match anything that Nebraska offers in terms of cash or NIL
    According to collegefactual.com, UW athletic department grossed $9 million more in revenue in 2021 than Nebraska.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

According to collegefactual.com, UW athletic department grossed $9 million more in revenue in 2021 than Nebraska.
    Coaching salary doesn’t come from AD revenue
  • Options

Also, he’s probably figured out by now that Washington isn’t serious about football and is more into LGTBQ diversity, equity and inclusion than football championships. Not to mention playing in a sold out stadium every week regardless of any broadway shows or traffic on I-80 would be appealing.

He has a tougher schedule next year and loses top talent. Make some hay while the sun shines and cash in.

Plus, I hear his wife LOVES the Nebraska/SD area.

And therein lies the whole problem at UW.

A good athletic director at a university and in a city with significant economic resources would be in position to give DeBoer what he asked.

But instead DeBoer will leave, Cohen will promote Grubb and we'll hope the Dawgs can average more than 7.5 wins with recruiting classes ranked in the mid-30's and JAG's from the transfer portal.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huzzah, now beat the Coug, keep Kienholz away from Ohio State somehow, sign a real recruiting class, make some legit splashes in the transfer portal, and get a real DC. Easy enough, right?
  • Options

Muy bueno.

Let's hope Caple or Vorel gets the buyout number should he leave (or, however unlikely, the wheels fall off a la Hopkins, and he needs to be replaced)

We can only hope and pray that DeBoer held Cohen's feet to the fire on UW's commitment to staff salaries and NIL — otherwise the upward trajectory of our prized coach's career is gonna be banging against a glass ceiling.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Dickert to Nebraska. Cook it