Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer to Nebraska

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

People are seriously scared of being cucked by Nebraska? Bunch of battered wives around here.

Well we do pay our coaches significantly less than fucking Indiana or the other shit tier big 10 schools. So it’s not out of the question that he could leave if he impressed with 9 or 10 wins. Maybe not to Nebraska but someone I am sure would be Interested.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Nebraska is closest major program to Sioux Falls. Probably grew up going to game with his Dad(s) on crisp fall afternoons in Lincoln
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,830
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited September 2022
    How do you go 16-31 at Nebraska?? Pellini went 8-4 or 9-3 every year.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1) Nebraska is a top 15 job
    2) UW is a top 20 job
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well you could convince me it's on par with UW but that was my point anyways.

Not sure they're given enough credit though they have huge support from fans, boosters and upper campus. If Oklahoma is considered a top 10 coaches destination then there's no reason to say Nebraska is more than a notch below that. Unless you are just basing it off of their record over the past decade which is irrelevant
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,473
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Not sure they're given enough credit though they have huge support from fans, boosters and upper campus. If Oklahoma is considered a top 10 coaches destination then there's no reason to say Nebraska is more than a notch below that. Unless you are just basing it off of their record over the past decade which is irrelevant

Neither Oklahoma nor Nebraska are getting anyone but coordinators or Mike Riley or a former player who had one great year in his entire career at the G5 level.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Canadawg said:

Neither Oklahoma nor Nebraska are getting anyone but coordinators or Mike Riley or a former player who had one great year in his entire career at the G5 level.
    OK is a legitimate blue blood what are you talking about? Nebraska is as well even though they've been bad lately

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Over the last 20 plus years Oklahoma has hired 3 coordinators. Stoops, Reilly, and Venables. Switzer was a coordinator

2 things can be true

Maybe not in Canada though
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,473
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Over the last 20 plus years Oklahoma has hired 3 coordinators. Stoops, Reilly, and Venables. Switzer was a coordinator

2 things can be true

Maybe not in Canada though

I don't know how I got into this shitting on Oklahoma and Nebraska thing. I don't really care. If I was a big name coach I'd rather go to a program like UCLA or UW, at least until I have to wear a mask while game planning at a local bar with some hookers and blow. But that's just me.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,817
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022
    Canadawg said:

2) UW is a top 20 job

25 years ago.

Nebraska pissed away their advantages a long time ago. If they were a smart program , they would be on the phone with George Kleeeeeoooovaakofff to make the the future PAC-10, the PAC-11, so they can again raid the Central Valley and Inland Empire regions of California.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

OK is a legitimate blue blood what are you talking about? Nebraska is as well even though they've been bad lately

UW is one of 13 that has actually made the CFB playoffs, plus we do have backyard talent. Nebraska doesn’t have either, plus their old system of non qualifiers and endless paid walk-ons has been nuked from space. On top of that, Nebraska pissed away their Texas recruiting ties by moving to the Big Sucks at Counting.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

UW is one of 13 that has actually made the CFB playoffs, plus we do have backyard talent. Nebraska doesn’t have either, plus their old system of non qualifiers and endless paid walk-ons has been nuked from space. On top of that, Nebraska pissed away their Texas recruiting ties by moving to the Big Sucks at Counting.

Good point. Oklahoma has lived off Texas recruits since Bud Wilkinson

And still does. State of Texas is SEC now
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

Nebraska thought they could take their share of that excess Ohio talent. Well, that excess Ohio talent would rather play in the SEC a few hours from home at basketball school Kentucky than they would Lincoln, NE.

Nebraska would be smart to put out feelers to the Pac-10/12. With the new playoff format, those who jumped ship too early to the Rust Belt may regret doing so.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    Houhusky said:

I heard Jimmy Lake is available for immediate hire.

Can probably call in some investment bank auditor to playcall for him too.

Should fix things right up

Depends on their academic prowess. Jimmy is probably waiting for Stanford or Harvard to open up
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

2) UW is a top 20 job

25 years ago.

Nebraska pissed away their advantages a long time ago. If they were a smart program , they would be on the phone with George Kleeeeeoooovaakofff to make the the future PAC-10, the PAC-11, so they can again raid the Central Valley and Inland Empire regions of California.

Whether or not Nebraska can be a power again is sort of irrelevant to this (poaching coaches). With the chasm in $ now happening between Big 10/SEC & everyone else, they can easily double salaries (maybe more). That includes assistant coach salaries, support staff, recruiting budgets, etc.

With the exception of dudes like Petersen, who really aren't motivated by the money, every coach in every other conference is vulnerable to being poached. And the Petersens of the world are few and far between.

It's already started a bit, but it’s going to be open season soon. Like others have said, DeBoner hasn’t done enough to warrant that interest yet. But imagine if a Nebraska or Iowa was to call and say they’ll pay him $6M/yr and double his staff budget. You think he’s turning that down?

And even if Kalen for some reason loves UW and wants to stay, if he’s successful they’ll raid his staff.

Pray for that Big 10 invite…
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    Founders Club
    edited September 2022

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Canadawg said:

Nebraska thought they could take their share of that excess Ohio talent. Well, that excess Ohio talent would rather play in the SEC a few hours from home at basketball school Kentucky than they would Lincoln, NE.

Nebraska would be smart to put out feelers to the Pac-10/12. With the new playoff format, those who jumped ship too early to the Rust Belt may regret doing so.
    Nebraska moving to the Pac-10/12 would make them more irrelevant