Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Spurs look good

13»

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla and More_Time, get a room.

Mavericks in six!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Good point about Magic. Hell after 1984 he just lost back to back finals the media labeled him "tragic Johnson".

If not for HIV he might have gone down as the greatest player ever. Like you said he wins three of four mvp's then leads an average Lakers team to the finals(upset a much more talented Portland).

Then with HIV he doesn't play for five years, is 36 and first game back records a triple double off the bench. He still posted a 21.3 PER rating.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Not a Mavericks fan I see.
  • Options
    I don't want to come off like Tequilla and jump the gun. However, I think OKC is done. I have a hard time seeing them win a single game against the Spurs let alone four out of five. I know they did it two years ago but they also had James Harden and Ibaka as well.

I don't know how Dallas pushed the Spurs to 7 games but they are on a different level the last two series.

Miami is in serious trouble when they face the Spurs(yes I'm already giving them the Pacers series fuck off).
  • Options
    In the NFL when you have a back breaking playoff loss you tend to self destruct. In the NBA it usually makes you stronger.

The only other team to be that close to a title and not win it was the 1988 Pistons. They went back to back following that.

Spurs are just resilient and Scott BrooksFS is a terrible coach.

With no Ibaka your hands are tied you gotta start Collison. So to make up for it you can't start Sefolsha and Perkins. You literally have 3 non scorers in your starting lineup. Have to start Adams and Butler.

Will that make a difference? Probably not at this point but at least you aren't burying yourself every fucking game.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    OKC is fucking done in 4 or 5 and Miami is in trouble.
  • Options

OKC is fucking done in 4 or 5 and Miami is in trouble.

Miami offensively feels more comfortable against the Spurs than Pacers.

Defensively they struggle more since Spurs have better scorers and move the ball so well.

It will be a well played series like last year. A lot of open shots, good ball movement, good set plays, well coached, etc.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Miami is not Miami of last year, the spurs are as good if not better than last year. The spurs were up 5 with 30 seconds left in game 6 last year. I'll give lebron a couple of games but I see it as a bit of a mismatch quite honestly, the spurs just look like the best team in the NBA
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

Miami is not Miami of last year, the spurs are as good if not better than last year. The spurs were up 5 with 30 seconds left in game 6 last year. I'll give lebron a couple of games but I see it as a bit of a mismatch quite honestly, the spurs just look like the best team in the NBA

Miami isn't as good as last year that is true. However, Miami is in better shape than they were last year due to Wade's health.

I think the Spurs would be the favorites due to home court. I wouldn't assume Miami will just roll over and die like OKC is doing though.