Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Waaay too early for sucking his dick.. imho.

It's funny...I'm a Deboer fan with a lot of hope he's a good one, but the idea of dick sucking never came to mind for me, nor would it if he went 12-0.

NTTAWWT
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Baseman said:

coach since James. Was Jens 4th choice (Aranda, Clawson, and Campbell) NIL still a joke but finding myself liking this guy more and more. It's Kent State, but still. Don't give a fuck, you win 90%+ at any level you're a dude.

I'll say this. DeBoner looks like a fucking football coach. He looked confident and in control on the sidelines, didn't seem fake. He was very involved in what was going on, constantly working - talking to people, making adjustments, barking at the refs from time to time.

He wasn't nervously pacing and eye rolling like Petersen.
    He wasn't just standing there watching the game like a spectator like Jimmy.
    He wasn't acting like a smirking hyperactive deer in the headlights like little Choda Boy down at Oregon.

I like DeBoner until I hate him
    I am perplexed that this got the number of chins it received. From this point forward, I'll take no more shit about my fanboy status with Meat. JFC.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756

Baseman said:

coach since James. Was Jens 4th choice (Aranda, Clawson, and Campbell) NIL still a joke but finding myself liking this guy more and more. It's Kent State, but still. Don't give a fuck, you win 90%+ at any level you're a dude.

I'll say this. DeBoner looks like a fucking football coach. He looked confident and in control on the sidelines, didn't seem fake. He was very involved in what was going on, constantly working - talking to people, making adjustments, barking at the refs from time to time.

He wasn't acting like a smirking hyperactive deer in the headlights like little Choda Boy down at Oregon.

I am perplexed that this got the number of chins it received. From this point forward, I'll take no more shit about my fanboy status with Meat. JFC.
    Anytim you can slam prior coaches you get a chin. You new hear?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Looking for improvements and positive signs creep. It's what folks do after 4-8 and a staff change.

Theres not a hell of a lot to learn from scrimmage games, but *we definitely learned that 2022 > 2021.

Let's check in again two Sundays from now and see how many of *us are still optimistic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

Looking for improvements and positive signs creep. It's what folks do after 4-8 and a staff change.

Theres not a hell of a lot to learn from scrimmage games, but *we definitely learned that 2022 > 2021.

Let's check in again two Sundays from now and see how many of *us are still optimistic.
    Grubb on Westover (via Vorel)..."Tight end Jack Westover’s hurdle attempt that capped a 19-yard gain against Kent State was an undeniably athletic, acrobatic aerial maneuver. But consider Grubb unimpressed. “I thought he had really bad ball security on that. That kind of sucked,” he said with a smile. “But Westy was just trying to make a play, and I truly would like to see the ball tighter to his body.
    https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/notebook-evaluating-penix-dominique-hamptons-nfl-ceiling-and-a-jordan-perryman-injury-update/

Hard not to doog a little for these coaches.

That manager looks Pat Hill tuff. Guess he wasn't available though.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

godawgst said:

Greg Lewis said it best on Honks. Grubb/KD want to run it/be successful just enough to keeps the D honest. We go as far as Penix can throw us.

Rush D is concerning especially on edges. After Portland State scrimmage next two weeks will tell us much more as Sparty and Shaw will have zero problem 3/4/4 yards runs all night long keeping Offense off field, limiting possessions.

Big picture is this staff believes if they can get into high 30's, low 40's ppg, on defense if they can get 1-2 stops per half mission accomplished and they believe taking chances will result in a higher % of a sack/turnover/holding penalty killing that drive.

Part of me wonders how much they ran a vanilla defense as to not give MSU any film to prep. I didn't see any DBs blitz, no exotic stunts, and only 1 true LB blitz by Breuner.

I'm guessing we'll see them open the playbook for MSU
    I remember my “they aren’t that bad, they are just running a limited playbook so not to tip off another opponent” phase.

This is the dumbest shtick. I've followed the program since I was a young child. My entire fucking life basically. There are many others in the same boat. And it's not a comparison about how long we have followed it, but fuck oh dear man. It means a lot or at least something to almost all of us here and the decline of the program along with erosion of college football has made almost all of us care less.Yet here we are still following it, yourself included.

We looked pretty good after a couple of shitty years of football and are enjoying it. I know it's your shtick but it's fucking stupid. You are likely right but it's tired man. This isn't Kim and co pumping up Sark or Ty Willingham getting a 4th year. You went to shit holes like Corvallis and Eugene in the 0-12 year. None of us care, but you have spent more money on this shitty program than just about anyone here. We get it, you are rich, but you are a doog like most here, and the obsession/interest with the dodging stuff is only done by retards like you and Boobs. It's corny. You have a script you follow religiously here, but you could say, it's too early to crown Deboer and I didn't like x,y,z about what I saw. Maybe after that you can mention that you never actually make any posts about the football being played and your posts today are the same tired bullshit. We are fans, we want UW to do well, and we are excited about what we saw. I do remember your 15 games prediction about Pete that you pulled outta your ass and he failed miserably in those first 15 games.

We aren't winning the natty and there is probably less than a 1% of Deboer ever winning a title. A lot of guys here have liked the organization and demeanor of DeBoer. Offense ran very smoothly after years of struggle. Defense didn't look all that great and there are some talent issues, mostly because of recruiting misses on both of our lines. Deboer has a good resume, every place or offense he has coached was better when he was there and worse when he left.

Yeah, it could be an overreaction after game one, but so far so good. Your bullshit about it being dooging nonsense really is retarded because everything so far has been good. And since we are fans of the program, we like it to do well and are excited about the progress and the future after game one. Personally, I like what I see, but I'll still stick with 8-9 wins like I did before the season. It is too early. We know we have a better coach and program than we did a year ago. Fuck off.
    Christ. Fuuuuuuck you. I’ve been a fan since 1968. Fucking doogs every god damn year since UWs been shitty write the same fucking post as you just did. (I knew sark would get us back after the USC win, I just didn’t think it would be so soon!) Yeah, and every fucking time some aspect of the game looks like fuck against a weak opponent some dickwad trots out the “limited playbook” excuse. JFC, they ran a god damn reverse flea flicker. They weren’t limiting shit. People couldn’t cover or tackle.

They did ok against a team they should bury. And they did on offense. Defense was fuck all and it had nothing to do with a fucking playbook. I’m read for UW to win a big game. Yes, it wasn’t really too long ago (Neuheisal) tthat was a feature of Husky football. Win big games. Of course I’m happy UW whooped KSU. But holy fuckall, at least get past sparty before you lay down a Tequila like doog rant. I hope we get there.

Yup,Pete had 15 games to show if he was a big time coach. He wasn’t. He lost every big game on the national stage then fucked us over when he left.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    I think someone broke rule 39(d).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

I’m hearing DeBoer passes the eye test.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,359
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was thinking this must be a modified rant from doogman or HH circa olden times. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Either way it was interesting.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Baseman said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

For the record, I’m optimistic. I think we might have a Big Swinging Penix at QB @dlea and now I don’t have to be jealous of every other team that actually has a competent quarterback.

I think UW can be ok, but I’m no longer optimistic that they can be great. By great I mean compete for national titles occasionally and be a perennial Pac 12 contender. Too much systemic upper campus faggotry for that. Our 1) NIL program is embarrassing, 2) recruiting is mediocre at best (see #1), 3) as a result, we are on the transfer portal train.

Accepting that UW will average out as B program and tempering expectations to that level is now where I am. For me it used to be an obsession, it’s now a distraction.

But maybe they just ran a limited playbook to not show Sparty their hand?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Baseman said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

For the record, I’m optimistic. I think we might have a Big Swinging Penix at QB @dlea and now I don’t have to be jealous of every other team that actually has a competent quarterback.

I think UW can be ok, but I’m no longer optimistic that they can be great. By great I mean compete for national titles occasionally and be a perennial Pac 12 contender. Too much systemic upper campus faggotry for that. Our 1) NIL program is embarrassing, 2) recruiting is mediocre at best (see #1), 3) as a result, we are on the transfer portal train.

Accepting that UW will average out as B program and tempering expectations to that level is now where I am. For me it used to be an obsession, it’s now a distraction.

But maybe they just ran a limited playbook to not show Sparty their hand?
    Not great for certain. Maybe a hot hand one season and a crushing loss in the playoffs plus a couple of league titles over a 10 year period. That's what I expect all else being equal and Deboer staying at UW that long.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Baseman said:

I'd like to see him clean a few things up, starting with his own look and physique.

I like him a lot otherwise, as I said before they ever mentioned hiring him. He's a real coach who really knows wtf he's doing. I don't like him better than Petersen, but I think he has a higher ceiling and has a better demeanor. Mainly though he has a better offense and that's what UW needed.

#first_ishandright
    I like that he's fat. He's just a football guy through and through, and nothing else.

Guys who work out a lot are kind of gay and needy and not really that respected by other guys, deep down.

Upper campus loves skinny coaches who work out.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Baseman said:

I'd like to see him clean a few things up, starting with his own look and physique.

I like him a lot otherwise, as I said before they ever mentioned hiring him. He's a real coach who really knows wtf he's doing. I don't like him better than Petersen, but I think he has a higher ceiling and has a better demeanor. Mainly though he has a better offense and that's what UW needed.

#first_ishandright
    I like that he's fat. He's just a football guy through and through, and nothing else.

Guys who work out a lot are kind of gay and needy and not really that respected by other guys, deep down.

I like my coaches to be fat slobs. Because Saban is a fat fuck.

Dumbest post of year nominee
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,542
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

godawgst said:

Greg Lewis said it best on Honks. Grubb/KD want to run it/be successful just enough to keeps the D honest. We go as far as Penix can throw us.

Rush D is concerning especially on edges. After Portland State scrimmage next two weeks will tell us much more as Sparty and Shaw will have zero problem 3/4/4 yards runs all night long keeping Offense off field, limiting possessions.

Big picture is this staff believes if they can get into high 30's, low 40's ppg, on defense if they can get 1-2 stops per half mission accomplished and they believe taking chances will result in a higher % of a sack/turnover/holding penalty killing that drive.

Part of me wonders how much they ran a vanilla defense as to not give MSU any film to prep. I didn't see any DBs blitz, no exotic stunts, and only 1 true LB blitz by Breuner.

That's possible but it doesn't explain the shitty tackling, being out of position, over pursuits, and giving up a very high percentage of 3rd+ down conversions.
    They left 3-4 sacks out there that would have made it a true ass blasting.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Baseman said:

#first_ishandright

I thought it was supposed to be funny, and was. Maybe I'm wrong.

Truth is I don't really care if he's fat. He looks strange though. He doesn't carry that gut right. Some people ust can't pull that off. I'd like to see his look crisped for his own sake.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

#first_ishandright

I thought it was supposed to be funny, and was. Maybe I'm wrong.

Truth is I don't really care if he's fat. He looks strange though. He doesn't carry that gut right. Some people ust can't pull that off. I'd like to see his look crisped for his own sake.
    I didn't notice.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,556
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

godawgst said:

I remember my “they aren’t that bad, they are just running a limited playbook so not to tip off another opponent” phase.

This is the dumbest shtick. I've followed the program since I was a young child. My entire fucking life basically. There are many others in the same boat. And it's not a comparison about how long we have followed it, but fuck oh dear man. It means a lot or at least something to almost all of us here and the decline of the program along with erosion of college football has made almost all of us care less.Yet here we are still following it, yourself included.

We looked pretty good after a couple of shitty years of football and are enjoying it. I know it's your shtick but it's fucking stupid. You are likely right but it's tired man. This isn't Kim and co pumping up Sark or Ty Willingham getting a 4th year. You went to shit holes like Corvallis and Eugene in the 0-12 year. None of us care, but you have spent more money on this shitty program than just about anyone here. We get it, you are rich, but you are a doog like most here, and the obsession/interest with the dodging stuff is only done by retards like you and Boobs. It's corny. You have a script you follow religiously here, but you could say, it's too early to crown Deboer and I didn't like x,y,z about what I saw. Maybe after that you can mention that you never actually make any posts about the football being played and your posts today are the same tired bullshit. We are fans, we want UW to do well, and we are excited about what we saw. I do remember your 15 games prediction about Pete that you pulled outta your ass and he failed miserably in those first 15 games.

We aren't winning the natty and there is probably less than a 1% of Deboer ever winning a title. A lot of guys here have liked the organization and demeanor of DeBoer. Offense ran very smoothly after years of struggle. Defense didn't look all that great and there are some talent issues, mostly because of recruiting misses on both of our lines. Deboer has a good resume, every place or offense he has coached was better when he was there and worse when he left.

Yeah, it could be an overreaction after game one, but so far so good. Your bullshit about it being dooging nonsense really is retarded because everything so far has been good. And since we are fans of the program, we like it to do well and are excited about the progress and the future after game one. Personally, I like what I see, but I'll still stick with 8-9 wins like I did before the season. It is too early. We know we have a better coach and program than we did a year ago. Fuck off.
    Christ. Fuuuuuuck you. I’ve been a fan since 1968. Fucking doogs every god damn year since UWs been shitty write the same fucking post as you just did. (I knew sark would get us back after the USC win, I just didn’t think it would be so soon!) Yeah, and every fucking time some aspect of the game looks like fuck against a weak opponent some dickwad trots out the “limited playbook” excuse. JFC, they ran a god damn reverse flea flicker. They weren’t limiting shit. People couldn’t cover or tackle.

They did ok against a team they should bury. And they did on offense. Defense was fuck all and it had nothing to do with a fucking playbook. I’m read for UW to win a big game. Yes, it wasn’t really too long ago (Neuheisal) tthat was a feature of Husky football. Win big games. Of course I’m happy UW whooped KSU. But holy fuckall, at least get past sparty before you lay down a Tequila like doog rant. I hope we get there.

Yup,Pete had 15 games to show if he was a big time coach. He wasn’t. He lost every big game on the national stage then fucked us over when he left.
    I think the point is wait for the team to fall on its face and you can tell everyone you were right, as always. It's kinda weird to read the reality check stuff after a game that was a major reset over the past several years. What else would you expect people to be saying about DeBoner after living through the burnout Pete years and Lake disaster?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022
    Offense looked good and it was at least fun to watch the receivers getting work after so much waisted hype the last few years. Offensive line was concerning and too many necessary 3rd down conversions.

Special teams lol.

Defense looked fucking sloppy and lazy. Watching tacklers run into each other and take one another out of the play triggered Sark PTSD. Out of position in the secondary what seemed like every 2nd-3rd play. Dline didn't dominate against a bunch of nobodies so don't expect anything when they play anyone with a pulse.

This is a Sark repeat until it isn't. Clean up the special teams and defense and I'll start to doog. Until then they suck until they don't.

I look forward to losing the Alamo Bowel 56-67