Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
coach since James. Was Jens 4th choice (Aranda, Clawson, and Campbell) NIL still a joke but finding myself liking this guy more and more. It's Kent State, but still. Don't give a fuck, you win 90%+ at any level you're a dude.

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

coach since James. Was Jens 4th choice (Aranda, Clawson, and Campbell) NIL still a joke but finding myself liking this guy more and more. It's Kent State, but still. Don't give a fuck, you win 90%+ at any level you're a dude.

Didn't take long for the dooging to start.

This feels like a Texas high school game
    Probably a 9 win Pac/MW team but this is a big dick coach
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Probably a 9 win Pac/MW team but this is a big dick coach
    Screen shoot taken
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,142

Baseman said:

I’m at the game. Texas high school games are better attended than this.

What you’re seeing and hearing is not what’s happening. #trumpism #takeittothetug
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    This is peak dooging

Needs to finish above #4
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,091
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We have serious problems on the o line and special teams, but I love what we're doing with the offense. The variety. Penix is everything I hoped he'd be.

We will struggle to run against physical teams.

So in the CFB PO?
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,481
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    On any job you blame the last guy for the problems and take credit for success

Doog doog doog on
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Good night BPSMD
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,238
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

We have serious problems on the o line and special teams, but I love what we're doing with the offense. The variety. Penix is everything I hoped he'd be.

Agree with all of this. Will add that the defense needs to get much better fundamentally. Very poor tackling, poor pass coverage, players out of position, etc. What should have been a number of three and outs were allowed to be 3rd down conversions, more than a few 3rd and longs, against a MAC team. Not good.

On the positive side, Penix looked great, the passing game in general looked very good, they really spread the ball around and made it look natural. This was the first scrimmage, they have one more before they're really tested. This could be a good team if they can shore up the defense and special teams. Teams often realize their greatest improvement from game one to game two, could be perfect timing/scheduling for the showdown against MSU. Or not.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,262
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Baseman said:

I’m at the game. Texas high school games are better attended than this.

What you’re seeing and hearing is not what’s happening. #trumpism #takeittothetug
    Fuck off
    #youreafag
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,142

Agree with all of this. Will add that the defense needs to get much better fundamentally. Very poor tackling, poor pass coverage, players out of position, etc. What should have been a number of three and outs were allowed to be 3rd down conversions, more than a few 3rd and longs, against a MAC team. Not good.

On the positive side, Penix looked great, the passing game in general looked very good, they really spread the ball around and made it look natural. This was the first scrimmage, they have one more before they're really tested. This could be a good team if they can shore up the defense and special teams. Teams often realize their greatest improvement from game one to game two, could be perfect timing/scheduling for the showdown against MSU. Or not.
    This doesn’t happen without good OL play, primarily in the pass game. Therefore, you don’t agree with all of what DJ said (ILTCHDJ).
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,238
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

This doesn’t happen without good OL play, primarily in the pass game. Therefore, you don’t agree with all of what DJ said (ILTCHDJ).
    Pass protect was good. Run blocking was not good, definitely falls in the category of a serious problem. I assumed this is what Derek was referring to.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Race does it again!
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Greg Lewis said it best on Honks. Grubb/KD want to run it/be successful just enough to keeps the D honest. We go as far as Penix can throw us.

Rush D is concerning especially on edges. After Portland State scrimmage next two weeks will tell us much more as Sparty and Shaw will have zero problem 3/4/4 yards runs all night long keeping Offense off field, limiting possessions.

Big picture is this staff believes if they can get into high 30's, low 40's ppg, on defense if they can get 1-2 stops per half mission accomplished and they believe taking chances will result in a higher % of a sack/turnover/holding penalty killing that drive.