Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

String transferring, Miles reinstated....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

dnc said:

And the title goes to Junior08 for being the first fucking dumbass on doogman to outright call Petersen, Tyrone. Jesus, we need to go to the mattresses against doogman.

Juniors a REAL nega in that he's actually negative about everything. He was super negative about Sark too.

He's also a teen boy stocker supreme, so he's probably going to be leading the negativity over there for the foreseeable future.

OTOH, OregonDoog is a REAL posi who will defend any coach for anything. If he's finally sounding like a voice of reason it's not because he finally has a clue, it's because we finally have a coach worth the trust he's placed in the last three idiots.
    That's a good point about Oregondoog. He would be fiercely defending any coach, so he doesn't really deserve any credit.
    It's interesting how most of the old supposed Negas are now super positive and most of the old alleged posis are now taking passive aggressive shots at the coach. For most it wasn't about positive or negative it was about what they value in a coack. It really boils down to steak versus sizzle. DM being a recruiting site naturally attracts sizzle fucktards. Some of us saw through that bull and we're labeled negative. But it's not that we were negative people, it's that we were negative about coaches who clearly wouldn't succeed.

And while that's the general rule, there are a few true Negas and a few true Posis, whose positions never change no matter the coaches ability. And because of that a few former enemies like Aubby and Oregon will now look like allies, and a few who formerly looked like allies like junior are now clearly enemies.
    That's what I kept trying to say to my Doog friends or Doogs in general. Those who say to me you would have hated Don James. Umm no I wouldn't because he won a Rose Bowl in year fucking three and while he struggled 1985-1988 I would have cut him some slack as he earned it.

Romar who hasn't accomplished as much as James I don't get on as much as I do Sark. Why? Because Romar has given us some success.

I never once suggested or said out loud that Rick should be fired. Not after Miami, not even after 7-6. Why? Because he won a Rose Bowl two years prior. Now if Rick had continued to be 7-6 I would join that crowd much like Romar now.

However, These Doogs will never get it. I could tell that Gilby and Ty based on track record weren't going to succeed here. I could tell Sark by year three it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to succeed either. As much as the Doogs would take some obscure thing that he does to compare to James it just wasn't.

I was never a "nega" and with Petersen I won't be a "posi" I just have something those Doogs on Doogman lack which is common sense.

I mean for fucks sake Sven is more positive about UW football now than those morons. If he can be positive anyone can.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

And the title goes to Junior08 for being the first fucking dumbass on doogman to outright call Petersen, Tyrone. Jesus, we need to go to the mattresses against doogman.

Juniors a REAL nega in that he's actually negative about everything. He was super negative about Sark too.

He's also a teen boy stocker supreme, so he's probably going to be leading the negativity over there for the foreseeable future.

OTOH, OregonDoog is a REAL posi who will defend any coach for anything. If he's finally sounding like a voice of reason it's not because he finally has a clue, it's because we finally have a coach worth the trust he's placed in the last three idiots.
    That's a good point about Oregondoog. He would be fiercely defending any coach, so he doesn't really deserve any credit.
    It's interesting how most of the old supposed Negas are now super positive and most of the old alleged posis are now taking passive aggressive shots at the coach. For most it wasn't about positive or negative it was about what they value in a coack. It really boils down to steak versus sizzle. DM being a recruiting site naturally attracts sizzle fucktards. Some of us saw through that bull and we're labeled negative. But it's not that we were negative people, it's that we were negative about coaches who clearly wouldn't succeed.

And while that's the general rule, there are a few true Negas and a few true Posis, whose positions never change no matter the coaches ability. And because of that a few former enemies like Aubby and Oregon will now look like allies, and a few who formerly looked like allies like junior are now clearly enemies.
    That's what I kept trying to say to my Doog friends or Doogs in general. Those who say to me you would have hated Don James. Umm no I wouldn't because he won a Rose Bowl in year fucking three and while he struggled 1985-1988 I would have cut him some slack as he earned it.

Romar who hasn't accomplished as much as James I don't get on as much as I do Sark. Why? Because Romar has given us some success.

I never once suggested or said out loud that Rick should be fired. Not after Miami, not even after 7-6. Why? Because he won a Rose Bowl two years prior. Now if Rick had continued to be 7-6 I would join that crowd much like Romar now.

However, These Doogs will never get it. I could tell that Gilby and Ty based on track record weren't going to succeed here. I could tell Sark by year three it was pretty obvious he wasn't going to succeed either. As much as the Doogs would take some obscure thing that he does to compare to James it just wasn't.

I was never a "nega" and with Petersen I won't be a "posi" I just have something those Doogs on Doogman lack which is common sense.

I mean for fucks sake Sven is more positive about UW football now than those morons. If he can be positive anyone can.
    Svens not just positive, he's HIV positive.

#RacesMinionProblems

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't like losing Stringfellow at all. I was hopeful that both him and Miles would be back. That said, Petersen could kick off Danny Shelton, Shaq, and Peters, and I would still be happy he was our coach instead of Sark.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I find it feasible that Petersen wanted to kick Stringcheese off the team but was too smart to do so because he could go to SC or Oregon and be eligible next year. So instead made it incredibly difficult to get in his good graces again, forcing him to either work his fucking ass off or have to transfer and therefore be able to set the parameters on where cheese can/can't play.

• Options
    OZONE said:

haie said:

OZONE said:

Stringcheese always wanted to be a 0 -- but we didn't offer him earlier.

I bet he wants to play for the best team in the Pac 12 bad enough to go the JC route if UW forces that.

I'll bet he just wants to go to the NFL

Will the NFL be okay with him beating up any more NFL fans?

Leave!!11!!!eleven!!!
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

I'd rather keep the starting QB thanks.

I like Lindquist as much as the next guy but, having Miley there pushing him will make the whole team better.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'd rather keep the starting QB thanks.

I like Lindquist as much as the next guy but, having Miley there pushing him will make the whole team better.

No doubt. Nothing brings the best out of a gritty, intelligent, hard-working, team-first guy like Lindquist like a challenge from an athletically gifted, questionable decision maker like Miles. Should be fun.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

I remember when after a few games everyone was ready to anoint James Johnson the next great Husky WR... String is a beast yes, but in my opinion there are a billion wideouts who can fill his shoes... I'm not concerned at all. I have total trust in Pete and we're in much better hands now than 1 year ago.

Not to mention we still have Kasen Williams, we still have Jaydon Mickens, we still have John Ross. All were highly touted recruits who have had some success.

We also have DiAndre Campbell, Kendyl Taylor, Pettis(probably have to burn his redshirt now cause of this). Not to mention Perkins and Daniels are converted WR's to TE's so they can line out too.

Oh and we have a coach who is actually committed to the run so having 4 amazing WR's while it would be awesome isn't a necessity like it would have been with Sark.
    Gotta agree with Meek and Hobbies here. Stringfellow was a very impressive specimen. But we're talking about a guy with three career starts and one career TD, at a position pretty well stocked with other veterans.

If Kasen comes back healthy, String's absence won't be glaring. He's far less important to the team's success this year than Miles.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    TTJ said:

Meek said:

I remember when after a few games everyone was ready to anoint James Johnson the next great Husky WR... String is a beast yes, but in my opinion there are a billion wideouts who can fill his shoes... I'm not concerned at all. I have total trust in Pete and we're in much better hands now than 1 year ago.

Not to mention we still have Kasen Williams, we still have Jaydon Mickens, we still have John Ross. All were highly touted recruits who have had some success.

We also have DiAndre Campbell, Kendyl Taylor, Pettis(probably have to burn his redshirt now cause of this). Not to mention Perkins and Daniels are converted WR's to TE's so they can line out too.

Oh and we have a coach who is actually committed to the run so having 4 amazing WR's while it would be awesome isn't a necessity like it would have been with Sark.
    Gotta agree with Meek and Hobbies here. Stringfellow was a very impressive specimen. But we're talking about a guy with three career starts and one career TD, at a position pretty well stocked with other veterans.

If Kasen comes back healthy, String's absence won't be glaring. He's far less important to the team's success this year than Miles.
    When is a starting WR ever less important than another back-up QB?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He has NFL receiver written all over him. Hope he changes his mind.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2014
    click to enlarge
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Why is everyone worried about WR?! I mean we'll probably move Miles and Troy Williams to WR since they are so athletic. They don't quite have the smarts to be QB.

* that's how you do Sarkasm there Sarkastic. Take notes.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but I find it feasible that Petersen wanted to kick Stringcheese off the team but was too smart to do so because he could go to SC or Oregon and be eligible next year. So instead made it incredibly difficult to get in his good graces again, forcing him to either work his fucking ass off or have to transfer and therefore be able to set the parameters on where cheese can/can't play.

That's not being a conspiracy theorist, that's being a fucking smart coach.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Won't lie, I was excited to see how the two big WRs Kasen/String would work out... bummed out he won't be returning.

That being said Petersen is 92-12 for a reason and really no reason to question him. Maybe Demorea would have been a cancer who knows.

Still plenty of targets for Miles/Williams. I think Perkins should see a few more targets, maybe Daniels gets converted back to WR who knows.

The important thing is an adult is in charge of the show.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

No, I agree. It was just me making the best sense I could out of a 1 line press release. I rarely take anything at face value.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

No, I agree. It was just me making the best sense I could out of a 1 line press release. I rarely take anything at face value.
    Nor should anybody ... very rarely do people say 100% of what is on their mind or what they are feeling.