Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

String transferring, Miles reinstated....

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,458
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Are we sure String is transferring and it's not Jaylene Johnson?

Hi Kim!

Nominated
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wish Miley was transferring and String was staying

I would rather have a starting QB over a WR, even a great one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I just wanted him to do well here so the legend of "it was Stringfellow" can live on.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,458
    Everyone wanted String over Miles before Spring practices because we knew String would be a great asset this season and figured either Lindquist or Williams would slide right in and do fine.

With neither Lindquist or Williams winning the job, I think we see that Miles is more valuable for the 2014 season. Sure, Stringfellow might be the best asset in the long-term sense, but we need Miles for 2014.
  • Options

Everyone wanted String over Miles before Spring practices because we knew String would be a great asset this season and figured either Lindquist or Williams would slide right in and do fine.

With neither Lindquist or Williams winning the job, I think we see that Miles is more valuable for the 2014 season. Sure, Stringfellow might be the best asset in the long-term sense, but we need Miles for 2014.

Ummm no. Most on here said Stringfellow might be better but Miles is a bigger loss. Only a few like PGOS felt Miles was no big loss.

Go revisit those threads.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ummm no. Most on here said Stringfellow might be better but Miles is a bigger loss. Only a few like PGOS felt Miles was no big loss.

Go revisit those threads.
    This. All but one or two poster wanted both guys to stay. Everyone understands Stringfellow is a beast. He looked really good when he got the chance to play last year. We need a QB though, and although it was only Spring Ball, the reports on Lindquist and Williams didn't inspire confidence. We need a good QB, and Miles has shown the potential to be one.

QB >>>> WR. If Kasen comes back strong, we should still be pretty good at WR with him, Mickens, and an improved Ross. DiAndre Campbell, Kendyl Taylor, and a freshman should be serviceable 4-6 WR's. Perkins and Daniels can play in the slot.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Great news about Miles, sucks ass about Stringfellow.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that history will show that Stringfellow was the best player Sark ever recruited to UW.
  • Options
    GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that history will show that Stringfellow was the best player Sark ever recruited to UW.

I got Nick Montana.
  • Options

dnc said:

Just curious about your criteria? Are we going by college production or NFL? I think Stringfellow has a ton of potential and is certainly an NFl player, but I think Sankey will end up being that guy. Sankey will probably be Tennessee's starter this year and I think he will have a good career.
    I think he's being Sarkastic.

Also chalk up Stringfellow as yet the latest 4 star victim of Sark who never did jack shit for UW.
  • Options

dnc said:

Just curious about your criteria? Are we going by college production or NFL? I think Stringfellow has a ton of potential and is certainly an NFl player, but I think Sankey will end up being that guy. Sankey will probably be Tennessee's starter this year and I think he will have a good career.
    Overall. Assuming Stringfellow resists the urge to pound on some obnoxious fans wherever his next stop is I think he'll be an instant weapon at his next school. Though since he may only play one season wherever it is his college career won't be anywhere near Sankey's. But I think String will be a first rounder and can be a Pro Bowl regular. Maybe I'm underestimating Sankey, but I think he'll be more of a solid starter than an NFL star. Hope I'm wrong on that.
  • Options
    GulagDawgGulagDawg Member Posts: 200
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Just curious about your criteria? Are we going by college production or NFL? I think Stringfellow has a ton of potential and is certainly an NFL player, but I think Sankey will end up being that guy. Sankey will probably be Tennessee's starter this year and I think he will have a good career.
    I think Shaq could also be a possibility here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Overall. Assuming Stringfellow resists the urge to pound on some obnoxious fans wherever his next stop is I think he'll be an instant weapon at his next school. Though since he may only play one season wherever it is his college career won't be anywhere near Sankey's. But I think String will be a first rounder and can be a Pro Bowl regular. Maybe I'm underestimating Sankey, but I think he'll be more of a solid starter than an NFL star. Hope I'm wrong on that.
    Can't really argue with what you are saying, but it's also early on Stringfellow. Reggie Williams and Mike Williams were incredible in college, but weren't great pros. I don't know how fast Stringfellow is either, although at his size he certainly doesn't need to be a blazer. Sankey obviously has his personal affairs more in order than Stringfellow too.

Long way to go with both guys and there is no way to really know at this point. I'll stick to picking Sankey for internet shits and giggles. Now, we have battles for Sven's $20 over the Mariner's month of June record and whether Sankey or Stringfellow are going to be the better NFL player.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Can't really argue with what you are saying, but it's also early on Stringfellow. Reggie Williams and Mike Williams were incredible in college, but weren't great pros. I don't know how fast Stringfellow is either, although at his size he certainly doesn't need to be a blazer. Sankey obviously has his personal affairs more in order than Stringfellow too.

Long way to go with both guys and there is no way to really know at this point. I'll stick to picking Sankey for internet shits and giggles. Now, we have battles for Sven's $20 over the Mariner's month of June record and whether Sankey or Stringfellow are going to be the better NFL player.
    I like my chances on the M's bet better than the Sankey/String bet. Tons of risk taking String, but since it's Sven's $20, I'm in.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I like my chances on the M's bet better than the Sankey/String bet. Tons of risk taking String, but since it's Sven's $20, I'm in.
    There are no winners in a Mariners bet. The fact you made a Mariners bet to begin with shows that you lost.

HTH
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Word is, he's coming to Oregon.
  • Options
    OZONE said:

Nevermind it is Jaylene Johnson.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    OZONE said:

Nega please.

WAY too many 12's in Oregon.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    OZONE said:

Word is you are a fucko because UW won't grant his release to a Pac-12 school.