Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SEATTLE HISTORY - "THINGS THAT AREN'T HERE ANYMORE"

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Chubby and Tubby is Rainer Ave South

99 in Green Lake area.
    Aurora North End pours.
    Lotta expensive R.E. within Walking Distance of Aurora north of the ship canal.
    You'd think that would make it nicer. I prefer the Wallingford side, with Murphy's and especially Lenny's - a world class Dive.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Chubby and Tubby was a great place to buy Chuck Taylors and shrink to fit 501s.
    I equate Chubby and Tubby with Chuck Taylors.
    And Carhart. Got a bunch at substantial discounts when they shuttered the White Center store.
    I wasn’t wearing Carhart to school in the early 80s.
    I'm sure you were wearing LawMan Painters, like the rest of us.
    I went to Catholic school, we wore a fucking uniform. I think the cheap clothes my mom bought were called Tough Skins or something stupid like that. All the poor kids wore them.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,944
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

And Carhart. Got a bunch at substantial discounts when they shuttered the White Center store.
    I went to Catholic school, we wore a fucking uniform. I think the cheap clothes my mom bought were called Tough Skins or something stupid like that. All the poor kids wore them.
    I wore Toughskins jeans as a kid

I actually never knew you wore a uniform to school.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was a poor, so it was toughskins or nothin'.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Sicks stadium... somehow MLB didn't think that this 25,000 max stadium was up to their rigorous standards ~ go figure... I do fondly remember sitting in the informality to watch Rainier Baseball as a kid.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sicks stadium... somehow MLB didn't think that this 25,000 max stadium was up to their rigorous standards ~ go figure... I do fondly remember sitting in the informality to watch Rainier Baseball as a kid.

I was there as a junior Seattle Pilot

Fuck Bud Selig
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,247
    edited July 2022

In '77 I played warmed up there in the AAA state championship game. Tom Niedenfuer beat us in 11 innings, IIRC. 30 years later, I dumped a chunk of my life savings on a "Remodel of the Century" at the Lowes that stands there now...

Edit: It says it "closed" in '76, but we were there in '77...along with the pigeon and seagull shit. Skinned infield, they were playing fast-pitch there, I later heard from a friend.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I spent a small fortune at that Lowes too
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    So they were selling the stadium the rapidly growing locally owned company [CX Corporation] i worked for needed a large manufacturing space so they bought the land and ripped down the stadium and built the new facility... I worded there for a couple of years before the company was sold to a swiss mega corporation the bought the company for the patents and technology which competed with their products and promptly laid off the 400-500 people that worked there.... so no its a lowes and probably some other stores as well?
  • Options

HR or OLG? Please not HF.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,247
    edited July 2022

So they were selling the stadium the rapidly growing locally owned company [CX Corporation] i worked for needed a large manufacturing space so they bought the land and ripped down the stadium and built the new facility... I worded there for a couple of years before the company was sold to a swiss mega corporation the bought the company for the patents and technology which competed with their products and promptly laid off the 400-500 people that worked there.... so no its a lowes and probably some other stores as well?

To the best of my recollection (limited, because I’m a BOOMER), there was a large facility directly east of the Lowes building (shared porking lot), not sure what it was at that tim, but it was big.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,089
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Founders Club

what does this have to do with Seattle
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Race has returned!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Race has returned!
    Ohhhhh, I see said Grandpa Sankey

I knew Race was returning to Seattle, I just didn't think it would be so soon
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is the Seattle Terrazzo gold rush on @RaceBannon ?

@pawz
  • Options
    edited July 2022

So did I, but our pants were salt & pepper corduroys until about 4th grade, when the SJWs made us switch to green jeans, recommending Toughskins. Fucking SJWs ruin everything.

Rebel that I was, I refused, and went with JCP Super Denims (who remembers the robot commercials?) instead of Sears Toughskins.

JCP clothes were always better than Sears shit. So I stayed one step above the pours at my catholic school.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,851
    Founders Club

HR or OLG? Please not HF.
    HR all the way. HF was in White Center, right?