Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ramming update

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Karen is from a small town, now she’s in the big city with a somewhat happening job. Pretty common story. She’s irrelevant to anything good or bad happening at UW despite her job title.

To paraphrase…She’s just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world?
    The smell of wine and cheap perfume?

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,114
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

LawDawg1 said:

Karen is from a small town, now she’s in the big city with a somewhat happening job. Pretty common story. She’s irrelevant to anything good or bad happening at UW despite her job title.

To paraphrase…She’s just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world?
    The smell of wine and cheap perfume?

Just a city boy
    Born and raised in South Fife
    He took the midnight train going anywhere

Half-brains, waitin’
    Up and down Aurora bridge
    Tyrone, Pool Boy causing all the plight
    Bad games, crammed full
    Hindsight’s just a fond emotion
    Hiding, somewhere in the night.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    gmo said:

so this was sent out to a mass email list I am on this morning...

https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCandidateID=0&szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=207586&szReturnToSearch=1&szSearchWords=&utm_source=NIL+Newsstand&utm_campaign=dc743cb029-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_10_20_01_28_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a479a5b849-dc743cb029-273579618

Director of Digital and NIL Strategy

Director of Digital and NIL Strategy
    Req #: 207586
    Department: ATHLETICS
    Job Location: Seattle Campus
    Posting Date: 06/15/2022
    Closing Info: Open Until Filled
    Salary: Salary and benefits are competitive. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
    Shift: First Shift
    Notes: As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please visit our website, click here.
    As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world. UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty

Washington Athletics aims to inspire champions in competition and in the classroom. We exist to enrich the lives of students to positively impact our community and world for generations to come. Operating with the four core values of growth mindset, committed service, humility and grit, the Huskies choose to lead by example. With over 650 student-athletes competing throughout UW's 22 sports programs, the department of Intercollegiate Athletics is committed to a leading-edge student-athlete experience, and offering student-athletes the ability to compete for NCAA, IRA, and Pac-12 championships while working toward a degree from one of the world's leading public research universities.

RESPONSIBILITIES
    The primary responsibility of this position is to enhance the UW Athletics brand by providing strategy and execution in various web and social media initiatives. The Director of Digital and NIL Strategy has significant impact on the Athletic Department’s brand image, mission, goals and resources through design, interactivity and multimedia. This position will be tasked with leading all personnel and strategies related to UW’s digital efforts. The Director of Digital and NIL Strategy will be responsible for heading the department’s Name-Image-Likeness (NIL) strategy and will be responsible for serving as the department’s “Brand Coach” as it relates to programming and structure for student-athlete brand building through social media education and other relevant digital platforms.

Additionally, the position will serve as the communications contact and manage all day-to-day communication efforts for assigned sport program(s) including, but not limited to: working closely with local and national media to promote the program(s), coordinating media interviews, executing all digital and web content to promote the assigned program(s) and increase fan engagement.

Strategy
    Provide strategy and leadership of the Athletic Department's web and social media presences: Create a departmental strategy for all UW athletics presence on the Internet, including, but not limited to the GoHuskies.com website.
    Create data-driven plans for the department’s social and digital channels which work to reinforce the department’s revenue generation and public relations efforts.
    Create structure and programming to educate the department’s internal constituents on all NIL and brand-building initiatives. Manage the department’s relationship with Opendorse and serve as liaison with the third-party vendor and the department on all items related to NIL.
    The position will be tasked with researching user trends and emerging web tactics to ensure the institution stays at the forefront of the web space in the college athletics landscape.
    Develop and plan the overall Internet engagement strategy for the department scalable across all 22 individual sport programs.
    Create and develop original content and brand supporting elements for GoHuskies.com and other UW web properties.

Execution
    This position will be responsible for meeting objectives which ensure that UW's athletic web and digital presences are current, and a positive reflection of the brand.
    Execute web strategies and ensure that all web properties maintain a consistent brand message and image.

Relationship Management
    The Director of Digital and NIL Strategy will serve as the manager of the institution’s web host vendor / rights-holder relationship for all online activity.
    The position will also act at the institution’s chief liaison with the Pac-12 Conference for all digital needs.
    The Director of Digital and NIL Strategy will manage an Assistant Director, and set course for all departmental social media strategies.
    Collaborate with department coaches, director of operations and designated department staff members to build and execute all digital and NIL strategies, as well as sport program and individual strategies for internal constituents with an eye on consistency and continuity.

Compliance with the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA, the Pac-12 Conference, the State of Washington and any other governing body is of paramount importance to the University. The overall responsibility of this position is for the successful operation of the program in full compliance with all such rules and regulations. As a condition of employment, the Employee shall be required to participate in rules education programs offered by the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
    Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Information/Computer Technologies, Business or related field.
    A minimum of three years of relevant experience or training in social and digital media, Web design, development, information architecture, graphic design or a related field.
    Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software. Experience in page design, HTML, CSS preferred.
    Able to work evenings and weekends.

Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
    Web development or strategy experience.
    Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
    Experience managing a web platform in a college athletics setting.

Application Process: The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.

Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.

Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.

The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.

The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.

To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or dso@uw.edu.

COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
    Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of higher education and healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.

Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.

I guess everyone on the board might as well not even apply.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Based on her Twitter looks like Karen works for Hayward field or in track and field now anyways. Unless Jen is ok with her Director of digital and NIL strategy spending the entire summer in Eugene for various track events (which she may be because Jen)

Christ. What the fuck are we doing?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,488
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    ntxduck said:

Based on her Twitter looks like Karen works for Hayward field or in track and field now anyways. Unless Jen is ok with her Director of digital and NIL strategy spending the entire summer in Eugene for various track events (which she may be because Jen)

Yeah it seems she hasn't worked for the AD in a bit now. If that's true then I have a tiny shred of respect for her to LEAVE and do what she's actually interested in. All the demonstrative Nike stuff when you work for this AD is beyond unacceptable.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

Yeah it seems she hasn't worked for the AD in a bit now. If that's true then I have a tiny shred of respect for her to LEAVE and do what she's actually interested in. All the demonstrative Nike stuff when you work for this AD is beyond unacceptable.
    She’s no longer with UW?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

ntxduck said:

She’s no longer with UW?
    It doesn't seem like it to me. Then again I don't follow her on Twitter. Maybe she just completely disconnects her personal account from her job because of how embarrassing it was for employer.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

She’s no longer with UW?
    It doesn't seem like it to me. Then again I don't follow her on Twitter. Maybe she just completely disconnects her personal account from her job because of how embarrassing it was for employer.
    Her LinkedIn says she still does.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

She’s no longer with UW?
    Her LinkedIn says she still does.
    I deleted my linkedIn awhile ago.

Well fuck. It is what it is at this point.

Should the UO hire me to manage their websites? Fucking hell, should beavlet?

Blame the enablers as always.
  • Options

Seriously? No one has raised an issue to Jen that a key employee actively promotes Oregon and exposes her white trash ass all over social media?

Maybe that’s why UW is hiring for her position? or more likely she was promoted for her ass shaking.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seriously? No one has raised an issue to Jen that a key employee actively promotes Oregon and exposes her white trash ass all over social media?

I sent an email to her after the Oregon State game 😉 that we needed to fire Jimmy and she replied that she's keeping everything in house and that I should fuck off back to the Corvallis bars to be tarred and feathered more by beavlets.

She's received a ton of emails I suspect. Some of them have to be complaining about KR. Derek's podcasts have talked about it.
  • Options
    haie said:

I sent an email to her after the Oregon State game 😉 that we needed to fire Jimmy and she replied that she's keeping everything in house and that I should fuck off back to the Corvallis bars to be tarred and feathered more by beavlets.

She's received a ton of emails I suspect. Some of them have to be complaining about KR. Derek's podcasts have talked about it.
    Post it or it’s a lie.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

haie said:

Post it or it’s a lie.
    I will dig it up and post it here this week.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    She's a symptom of the disease. Not the disease itself.

I agree with most: would hit and leave right away.

She's not even in Mrs. Creep's zip code now, who is a middle aged woman with grown children.