Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huard: What’s the early buzz surrounding UW Huskies football?

13»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This is probably the weakest post you've ever made. One play when he was a freshman.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He sucked and he sucks

Stop being such a loser. It's bad enough we hired his loser coach who couldn't even bring the loser back to UW

What we need is a midget at QB!!!!!!1111!!!!1
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

He sucked and he sucks

Stop being such a loser. It's bad enough we hired his loser coach who couldn't even bring the loser back to UW

I thought you got lost and died on Mt J Lake.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He sucked and he sucks

I thought you got lost and died on Mt J Lake.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He sucked and he sucks

Agree that he's probably not as good as his UCLA performance.

He's better than Sam though, even though in that moment at Cal Browning the game manager was managing the game similar to the P12C and they were ahead, and it was a horrible decision to play haener in that moment.

This will rightfully be a strike against the staff recruiting wise but Fresno was a bottom third team in the MW talent wise, but beat the division winner and was probably the #2 team in that conference overall.

So I still think they're really good coaches and lipo. Fuck the stigmatism NFT collectors who sit out series and games.
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The worst part about this clip is he threw it to that fat fuck try hard Gerry Bertier rip-off Evan Weaver. Not ashamed to say that I agree with Race here
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LB_33 said:

The worst part about this clip is he threw it to that fat fuck try hard Gerry Bertier rip-off Evan Weaver. Not ashamed to say that I agree with Race here
    If I remember correctly he looks amazing in a lot of games and then throws a ton of dumb shit picks all over in others.

You're true Big Dick Gunslinger, if you will, but he didn't roll over for Stanford, Oregon, Utah, and Colorado.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dannarc said:

I kinda had my reservations about Sam when we couldn't land elite receivers, or really any big time players that would want to play for an elite QB. Doesn't honey attract bees or some shit?

McMillan for sure and probably Odunze both came to UW because of Huard to some degree. He's not going to be much if a recruiting help now that he can't win the starting job.
    Only matters if Penix can stay healthy. If Penix goes down early in the season, it'll be DMo. If later, then Sam should be ready.
    Enough with the Sam being ready bullshit. If he can’t beat Dylan Morris out by the end of fall camp, he sucks and it’s all over for him.
    People said that Haener sucked after he couldn't beat out Eason, and he's been better than every UW QB since Tui

Huard had 1 year under JonDon which was probably the worst thing developmental wise for a QB. Based on the quote from Grubb, he needs a lot of help with the mechanics this spring
    Haener wasn't good here though

And his Fresno stint is overrated IMO

We're just desperate
    Haener was not good enough here, but under DeBoer/Grubb, he developed into a Pac-12 caliber QB. And those are the coaches who should be developing our QBs now. The QBs should be night and day between them and Bush/Donovan.
    I think our QB’s will be much better. I’m just saying it’s time to stop treating Sam Huard with kid gloves. Either he can play or he can’t.

Eason and Haener is not a good comparison.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,305
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    haie said:

chuck said:

dannarc said:

I kinda had my reservations about Sam when we couldn't land elite receivers, or really any big time players that would want to play for an elite QB. Doesn't honey attract bees or some shit?

McMillan for sure and probably Odunze both came to UW because of Huard to some degree. He's not going to be much if a recruiting help now that he can't win the starting job.
    Only matters if Penix can stay healthy. If Penix goes down early in the season, it'll be DMo. If later, then Sam should be ready.
    Enough with the Sam being ready bullshit. If he can’t beat Dylan Morris out by the end of fall camp, he sucks and it’s all over for him.
    People said that Haener sucked after he couldn't beat out Eason, and he's been better than every UW QB since Tui

Huard had 1 year under JonDon which was probably the worst thing developmental wise for a QB. Based on the quote from Grubb, he needs a lot of help with the mechanics this spring

We're just desperate
    Haener was not good enough here, but under DeBoer/Grubb, he developed into a Pac-12 caliber QB. And those are the coaches who should be developing our QBs now. The QBs should be night and day between them and Bush/Donovan.
    Haener won the starting job in camp in 2019. He threw 1 pick against Cal, not 5+.

They wouldn't let Sam throw all year long and when they finally did he got owned by cuoglet.
    Haener threw 4 passes against Cal. Two hit the turf, one hit a receiver and the other was a pick six. He sucked.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    TheHB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

dannarc said:

We're just desperate
    Haener won the starting job in camp in 2019. He threw 1 pick against Cal, not 5+.

They wouldn't let Sam throw all year long and when they finally did he got owned by cuoglet.
    Haener threw 4 passes against Cal. Two hit the turf, one hit a receiver and the other was a pick six. He sucked.
    It was 100% a bad choice to play Haener in that Cal game. Veteran team. They were winning. He learned from that and kept Browning in against Utah.

It was a bad choice to play Eason when Haener beat his ass in camp though, just to appease Coker and Dennis and Sonics
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

TheHB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

dannarc said:

We're just desperate

It was 100% a bad choice to play Haener.

It was a bad choice to play Eason when Haener beat his ass in camp though, just to appease Coker and Dennis and Sonics
    Haener didn't win the job

Then he was scared to try again

Then he was scared to come back
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

haie said:

TheHB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

dannarc said:

We're just desperate

Haener won the job in 2019.

But I agree with everything else.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

TheHB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

dannarc said:

We're just desperate

No he didn't
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,305
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peterman is guilty of a lot of things, but he’s not gonna start his second choice at QB.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

haie said:

haie said:

TheHB said:

haie said:

chuck said:

dannarc said:

We're just desperate

No he didn't
    He was better and showed it in camp but Pete had to cave into the Big Dick crowd so we can watch the Cal and Stanford and Utah (and Oregayan) abortions.

It's just what I was hearing. Maybe your sources were better. That's okay with me.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2022

This is probably the weakest post you've ever made. One play when he was a freshman.
    I was taken aback given how Haener performed once he got decent coaching (that now Sam will get).

Race doesn't have many but this is just bad.

(and, yes, he did have some horrible moments at FSU but he also had pretty amazing successes that end up a pretty big net plus).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

I was taken aback given how Haener performed once he got decent coaching (that now Sam will get).

Race doesn't have many but this is just bad.
    It's not a weak post. Haener is good, not great. But he made such an idiodic play that his coach should have been fired at the 50 and his scholarship should have been shredded as soon as Cal took a knee.

Maybe we win the rose bowl if that happens. We lost the game anyways.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He sucked and he sucks

He doesn’t suck. He tore up UCLA with a better game than any UW QB has had in years.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,015
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

We're just desperate

new bored motto, imo.