Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huard: What’s the early buzz surrounding UW Huskies football?

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

This point Of view from Brock would have been banned by The dm staff. Reality or not.
    “It’s going to take a little bit of time,” Huard said. “And to me, the coaching won’t be the question. It will just simply be in time the ability to bring the talent when you’re competing NIL with USC and NIL with Oregon and the stability of some of the other programs in the conference.”

So why do we need to have patience and not expect any progress for awhile? Oregon has a brand-new coach, but they don't need to wait to have recruiting success through NIL. Brock needs to go a step further and say the quiet part out loud.
    Isn’t he saying that out loud?

We’re already getting DeBoer quoted in articles talking about NIL effectively is a mess and is going to impact recruiting

By all accounts those that know football know that DeBoer’s staff can coach

Everybody knows that Jen is in over her head with pulling the NIL stuff together and that miss us going to negatively impact recruiting until at minimum something changes

It is what it is at this point
    Has Brock publicly said Jen needs to be fired?
    I don’t see how that is good business for him to say that given Damon/Sam

But there’s been a lot of signs of displeasure with UW
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This point Of view from Brock would have been banned by The dm staff. Reality or not.
    “It’s going to take a little bit of time,” Huard said. “And to me, the coaching won’t be the question. It will just simply be in time the ability to bring the talent when you’re competing NIL with USC and NIL with Oregon and the stability of some of the other programs in the conference.”

So why do we need to have patience and not expect any progress for awhile? Oregon has a brand-new coach, but they don't need to wait to have recruiting success through NIL. Brock needs to go a step further and say the quiet part out loud.
    Isn’t he saying that out loud?

We’re already getting DeBoer quoted in articles talking about NIL effectively is a mess and is going to impact recruiting

By all accounts those that know football know that DeBoer’s staff can coach

Everybody knows that Jen is in over her head with pulling the NIL stuff together and that miss us going to negatively impact recruiting until at minimum something changes

It is what it is at this point
    Has Brock publicly said Jen needs to be fired?
    I don’t see how that is good business for him to say that given Damon/Sam

But there’s been a lot of signs of displeasure with UW
    Its not good business, like I said he'll temper his comments. On the other hand he's a paid commentator.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,264
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huards have always been an overrated part of the UW program. The sooner Sam portalizes the better.
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

Huards have always been an overrated part of the UW program. The sooner Sam portalizes the better.

I like Brock a lot. A whole lot. But for that writer to call him and Damon "Husky Legends" is kind of ridiculous.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s not microwave popcorn.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I kinda had my reservations about Sam when we couldn't land elite receivers, or really any big time players that would want to play for an elite QB. Doesn't honey attract bees or some shit?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dannarc said:

I kinda had my reservations about Sam when we couldn't land elite receivers, or really any big time players that would want to play for an elite QB. Doesn't honey attract bees or some shit?

Yeah, but shit attracts flies.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

McMillan for sure and probably Odunze both came to UW because of Huard to some degree. He's not going to be much if a recruiting help now that he can't win the starting job.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s not microwave popcorn.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    chuck said:

dannarc said:

McMillan for sure and probably Odunze both came to UW because of Huard to some degree. He's not going to be much if a recruiting help now that he can't win the starting job.
    Only matters if Penix can stay healthy. If Penix goes down early in the season, it'll be DMo. If later, then Sam should be ready.
    Founders Club

chuck said:

dannarc said:

Only matters if Penix can stay healthy. If Penix goes down early in the season, it'll be DMo. If later, then Sam should be ready.
    Enough with the Sam being ready bullshit. If he can’t beat Dylan Morris out by the end of fall camp, he sucks and it’s all over for him.
    Sad but true
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dannarc said:

Enough with the Sam being ready bullshit. If he can’t beat Dylan Morris out by the end of fall camp, he sucks and it’s all over for him.
    5 picks or whatever it was against a .500 cuoglet team, at home. Don't care that the staff mailed the game in. It's already over for him.

chuck said:

dannarc said:

People said that Haener sucked after he couldn't beat out Eason, and he's been better than every UW QB since Tui

Huard had 1 year under JonDon which was probably the worst thing developmental wise for a QB. Based on the quote from Grubb, he needs a lot of help with the mechanics this spring
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,724
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dannarc said:

People said that Haener sucked after he couldn't beat out Eason, and he's been better than every UW QB since Tui

Huard had 1 year under JonDon which was probably the worst thing developmental wise for a QB. Based on the quote from Grubb, he needs a lot of help with the mechanics this spring
    Haener wasn't good here though

And his Fresno stint is overrated IMO

We're just desperate

chuck said:

dannarc said:

We're just desperate
    Haener was not good enough here, but under DeBoer/Grubb, he developed into a Pac-12 caliber QB. And those are the coaches who should be developing our QBs now. The QBs should be night and day between them and Bush/Donovan.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

chuck said:

dannarc said:

We're just desperate
    Haener was not good enough here, but under DeBoer/Grubb, he developed into a Pac-12 caliber QB. And those are the coaches who should be developing our QBs now. The QBs should be night and day between them and Bush/Donovan.
    Haener won the starting job in camp in 2019. He threw 1 pick against Cal, not 5+.

They wouldn't let Sam throw all year long and when they finally did he got owned by cuoglet.
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022

chuck said:

dannarc said:

We're just desperate
    Being desperate and appreciating Haener for being a good QB are not mutually exclusive
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,724
    Swaye's Wigwam