Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mariner Talk

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Fuck Kyle Seager for hitting two HR's today. He's the 3rd REAL major league player in the M's lineup (Cano, Hart, Seager). I saw the Mariners were down 5-0 which made me happy. I want the Mariners to lose every game just so Tequilla is wrong. I need something to tide me over once the NBA playoffs are over until football starts. I'm looking forward to reading the box scores when the Yankees sweep them on Tuesday.

I looked at the Mariners schedule and started laughing at the month of June. The over/under for wins in that month is 5. I'm not kidding either. For the other Mariner haters like myself, take a look at how much fun June will be.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/sea/seattle-mariners

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck Kyle Seager for hitting two HR's today. He's the 3rd REAL major league player in the M's lineup (Cano, Hart, Seager). I saw the Mariners were down 5-0 which made me happy. I want the Mariners to lose every game just so Tequilla is wrong. I need something to tide me over once the NBA playoffs are over until football starts. I'm looking forward to reading the box scores when the Yankees sweep them on Tuesday.

I looked at the Mariners schedule and started laughing at the month of June. The over/under for wins in that month is 5. I'm not kidding either. For the other Mariner haters like myself, take a look at how much fun June will be.

I'd put them down for 12 wins that month. They just took 2 of 3 from Texas at home, they'll probably split in San Diego and win at least one in KC. There's your 5 right there. I think they can win 7 of the rest.

It's a TUFF schedule month, no doubt, but I'm not sure it's that much TUFFER than April.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Way too much Mariners talk in here. Revenge of the nerds territory.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I'd put them down for 12 wins that month. They just took 2 of 3 from Texas at home, they'll probably split in San Diego and win at least one in KC. There's your 5 right there. I think they can win 7 of the rest.

It's a TUFF schedule month, no doubt, but I'm not sure it's that much TUFFER than April.

They shouldn't have. With the bases loaded and 1 out in the 9th inning, they were doing their damned best at cooging the first game until some fucktard hit the ball straight into Smoak's glove to end the game.

The Mariners suck ballzack.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2014

They shouldn't have. With the bases loaded and 1 out in the 9th inning, they were doing their damned best at cooging the first game until some fucktard hit the ball straight into Smoak's glove to end the game.

They really tried to lose that game, but you and I must have been watching a different last play of the game. Beltre laced it and Smoak made a damn nice play. Lucky or not, the ball was not hit "straight into Smoak's glove."
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014
    dnc said:

12? You're reaching Tequilla territory with that. April had the Astros (3), Marlins (3), and Angels (5). That's not that hard of a schedule. June is much tougher. They won't win more than 2 of their first 10 games in June. The first 10 games of June are Detroit (1), @Atlanta (2), @ TB (4), NY (3). The games are @KC and they also play Boston (3) and Cleveland (3). Counting on winning 2 of 3 against Texas because they just did it? Texas is a way better team and could have swept the Mariners.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2014

They really tried to lose that game, but you and I must have been watching a different last play of the game. Beltre laced it and Smoak made a damn nice play. Lucky or not, the ball was not hit "straight into Smoak's glove."

Thanks for clarifying, Mrs Smoak. The important part as pertains to this thread is your first 7 words
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

12? You're reaching Tequilla territory with that. April had the Astros (3), Marlins (3), and Angels (5). That's not that hard of a schedule. June is much tougher. They won't win more than 2 of their first 10 games in June. The first 10 games of June are Detroit (1), @Atlanta (2), @ TB (4), NY (3). The games are @KC and they also play Boston (3) and Cleveland (3). Counting on winning 2 of 3 against Texas because they just did it? Texas is a way better team and SHOULD have swept the Mariners.
    FTFY
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Could 1 guy on the Mariners hit 300 if they got to hit beach balls?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Could 1 guy on the Mariners hit 300 if they got to hit beach balls?

Honest question. Is it even possible to hit a beach ball out of the infield on the fly?

It always seems like the spin on the ball or the wind makes that shit go down faster than CollegeDoog at Neighbors (nttiawwt)
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I listened to a podcast of Jack Z on KJR and he said this "the true blue fans will come with an open mind and know if we were healthy things would be different"
    that's what he says.
    Is the rotation decimated with injury, yes, but I'll bring back up my formula to winning baseball.
    4 deep in the rotation: when healthy, check Felix, Iwakuma, Paxton, Elias (who actually looks good) a lot of teams would take that 1-2-3-4.
    Superstar in the lineup, nope. Cano is not playing like a superstar
    Complimentary star: check, cano.
    Bullpen: nope, it's complete dogshit, no money being spent on it whatsoever outside of rodney, and the guys they have developed like furbush, medina, wilhelmsen, etc walk too many batters and are inconsistent as fuck.
    3-4 good role players in the lineup: Seager, and maybe hart. so no there as well.

They have no one who gets on base at the top, and the bottom is just a joke. Not to mention their defense, especially outfield isn't very good as well.
    Jack Z should've been canned last september
  • Options
    pawz said:

dnc said:

I like to call adrian beltre a fucktard because he hit a bullet and got unlucky. I also call a spectacular play "right to him" I do that
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dhdawg said:

I listened to a podcast of Jack Z on KJR and he said this "the true blue fans will come with an open mind and know if we were healthy things would be different"
    that's what he says.
    Is the rotation decimated with injury, yes, but I'll bring back up my formula to winning baseball.
    4 deep in the rotation: when healthy, check Felix, Iwakuma, Paxton, Elias (who actually looks good) a lot of teams would take that 1-2-3-4. (forgetting Walker in this group IF healthy)
    Superstar in the lineup, nope. Cano is not playing like a superstar (Cano probably is the 1B star that needs a 1A star in the lineup; he's better than being a complementary star but probably not winning a title as the top offensive star
    Complimentary star: check, cano.
    Bullpen: nope, it's complete dogshit, no money being spent on it whatsoever outside of rodney, and the guys they have developed like furbush, medina, wilhelmsen, etc walk too many batters and are inconsistent as fuck. (this is probably the second biggest miss in that you SHOULD be able to put together a good pen year after year yet we fail repeatedly ... the biggest miss was not building up any kind of contingency plans for the rotation injuries - see signing Ervin Santana)
    3-4 good role players in the lineup: Seager, and maybe hart. so no there as well. (a couple of the young guys have the potential to move into this category - but they aren't there right now)

They have no one who gets on base at the top, and the bottom is just a joke (Zunino has outperformed any expectations to this point). Not to mention their defense, especially outfield isn't very good as well.
    Jack Z should've been canned last september (THIS)

• Options
    walker needs to stay healthy before he can be included in that.

Zunino is hitting sub .240

what young guys? they all have potential but nothing has ever come from it. I'm willing to be reasonable but I don't see it
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You guys really overrate this rotation. Can we wait until Paxton and Elias complete half a season before acting like they have done anything? I remember Jason Vargas looking like a great #2 pitcher for a couple months. He would end the year with a 4 + ERA, and revert back to the #4 starter he truly was. Same with Walker. Good prospects are a dime a dozen. They don't always turn out well. Not to mention, durability is a skill. A pitcher that is always injured isn't an asset.

Iwakuma probably had a career year last year. With the innings limit with the young guys, you need more than 5 starters. Maurer and Ramirez are fucking terrible. It's a pretty average rotation. I'll give you that it has some potential, but right now, it sucks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla, Zunino is hitting .214. How the fuck is that outperforming expectations? He hits a few home runs and all of a sudden he's outperforming expectations? It's fucking April. He hasn't done jack shit in his career. I also disagree about young guys becoming capable major leaguers. Smoak is a terrible offensive first basemen and has been his entire career so far. Even if Ackley hits .280, it's .280 without power at a corner outfield spot. Almonte can't hit. Saunders can't hit. Who are these young guys you speak of?
  • Options

You guys really overrate this rotation. Can we wait until Paxton and Elias complete half a season before acting like they have done anything? I remember Jason Vargas looking like a great #2 pitcher for a couple months. He would end the year with a 4 + ERA, and revert back to the #4 starter he truly was. Same with Walker. Good prospects are a dime a dozen. They don't always turn out well. Not to mention, durability is a skill. A pitcher that is always injured isn't an asset.

Iwakuma probably had a career year last year. With the innings limit with the young guys, you need more than 5 starters. Maurer and Ramirez are fucking terrible. It's a pretty average rotation. I'll give you that it has some potential, but right now, it sucks.

the eye test means something in this case. Paxton has looked absolutely filthy when healthy. How many guys have 95 MPH and then a wicked slider. As for Elias I will wait, but he looks like a capable #4 right now
  • Options
    \

Tequilla, Zunino is hitting .214. How the fuck is that outperforming expectations? He hits a few home runs and all of a sudden he's outperforming expectations? It's fucking April. He hasn't done jack shit in his career. I also disagree about young guys becoming capable major leaguers. Smoak is a terrible offensive first basemen and has been his entire career so far. Even if Ackley hits .280, it's .280 without power at a corner outfield spot. Almonte can't hit. Saunders can't hit. Who are these young guys you speak of?

must be all the great prospects we now have in AAA.
    Mariner prospects are like sark recruits, Doogs/Marinoors love them, then they see them play and they hate them. Miller is going through the same thing right now
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

the eye test means something in this case. Paxton has looked absolutely filthy when healthy. How many guys have 95 MPH and then a wicked slider. As for Elias I will wait, but he looks like a capable #4 right now
    I agree. More than likely, they are capable pitchers. It remains to be seen if they can stay healthy. That's almost half the battle for young guys.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

pawz said:

dnc said:

I like to call adrian beltre a fucktard because he hit a bullet and got unlucky. I also call a spectacular play "right to him" I do that
    I like to use the term fucktard when I didn't remember who the batter was off the top of my head. I do that. And since you identified Beltre, lets us not forget, WDWHA. WDWHA also seems to inherently justify the fucktard moniker.

Further, when a base ball goes from the bat directly into the mitt - regardless of how many cartwheels were done in the interim - that's how you get an out.

Your moisture over the mute poonts does not change that fact the Mooriners tried their best to coogit, and had no business winning winning 2 of 3.
  • Options
    No one is disagreeing that the mariners suck, but there's a big difference between someone having to dive in a split second to catch a line drive and a ball going right into someone's glove without them having to even move.

The Mariners were lucky to win that game, but doesn't mean you should undersell the play smoak made