Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mariner Talk

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Thought I was losing one to RoadDawg today. 3-0 after the comeback, they're really going to have to collapse for me to loose this one. If anyone can do it, it's the M's.

4-0 now, they just won both games against the best team they'll play all month.
    It's gonna take a real mariner like collapse for DNC to lose this one
    I never said they would only win 8 games, I said it could happen! In seriousness, I'm looking like the Arizona123 of predicting Mariners games.
    HRYK. Here's the actual quote:

"The over/under for wins in that month is 5. I'm not kidding either."

To be fair, that's the over/under for Mariner wins in every month.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

dnc said:

Thought I was losing one to RoadDawg today. 3-0 after the comeback, they're really going to have to collapse for me to loose this one. If anyone can do it, it's the M's.

4-0 now, they just won both games against the best team they'll play all month.
    It's gonna take a real mariner like collapse for DNC to lose this one
    I never said they would only win 8 games, I said it could happen! In seriousness, I'm looking like the Arizona123 of predicting Mariners games.
    HRYK. Here's the actual quote:

"The over/under for wins in that month is 5. I'm not kidding either."

To be fair, that's the over/under for everything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Roaddawg is about as accurate on his predictions as Kim.

Not surprised the Mariners are having a hot month.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    5 IN A ROW! 5 IN A ROW!

ALL ABOARD THE WILDCARD EXPRESS

you're not allowed on the bandwagon
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2014

Roaddawg is about as accurate on his predictions as Kim.

Not surprised the Mariners are having a hot month.

What prediction did I get wrong other than Spurs Thunder? I went back and forth on Spurs-Thunder. I thought after getting blown out twice, that the Thunder would win at home and force game 7. A lot of people did.

Once again, please tell me how Durant is awkward handling the ball. That comment was like saying Peyton Manning is inaccurate after he's thrown a pick. The sad thing is you actually watch the games too.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think it was Tequila who said Ackley was a lock to hit .280 this year after the first game of the season. Here we are in June and Ackley is batting his usual .239 with a horrible .668 OPS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

I think it was Tequila who said Ackley was a lock to hit .280 this year after the first game of the season. Here we are in June and Ackley is batting his usual .239 with a horrible .668 OPS.

Smoak was another one Moogs were all high on. He's hitting like shit like usual as well.

A real organization would have cut their losses with those two fucks by now.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited June 2014
    I wasn't against giving ackley one last shot. Smoak should've been gone a long time ago.
    Right now they don't have a DH.
    The Rays and Phillies will likely sell. Marlon Byrd and James Loney may be available at the deadline. I would hope they would get at least someone to compliment cano, but they won't cause their the mariners after all, and why should they the moogs seems to be content with an 81-81 ballclub
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

I wasn't against giving ackley one last shot. Smoak should've been gone a long time ago.
    Right now they don't have a DH.
    The Rays and Phillies will likely sell. Marlon Byrd and James Loney may be available at the deadline. I would hope they would get at least someone to compliment cano, but they won't cause their the mariners after all, and why should they the moogs seems to be content with an 81-81 ballclub

Ackley has no value in LF. He's a .240-.260 hitter with little power. His ceiling is probably .280 with 12-14 HR's. If his ceiling was his typical year, he would at least be serviceable. Time to cut losses with him and Smoak. Two guys who play offense centric positions and they can't hit.
  • Options
    at this point yes, but at the beginning of the season I was willing to give him a shot. He also is not very good in LF
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    2-0 Moorinoors, Refuse 2 Lose loll1l1ll
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

2-0 Moorinoors, Refuse 2 Lose loll1l1ll

#UnleashTheMojo

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Der Golve should like this one, former Boovs Cole Gillespie and Stefen Romero with the key hits today.
  • Options

Fuck Kyle Seager for hitting two HR's today. He's the 3rd REAL major league player in the M's lineup (Cano, Hart, Seager). I saw the Mariners were down 5-0 which made me happy. I want the Mariners to lose every game just so Tequilla is wrong. I need something to tide me over once the NBA playoffs are over until football starts. I'm looking forward to reading the box scores when the Yankees sweep them on Tuesday.

I looked at the Mariners schedule and started laughing at the month of June. The over/under for wins in that month is 5. I'm not kidding either. For the other Mariner haters like myself, take a look at how much fun June will be.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/sea/seattle-mariners

Obligatory I'll take the over bump

• Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Fuck Kyle Seager for hitting two HR's today. He's the 3rd REAL major league player in the M's lineup (Cano, Hart, Seager). I saw the Mariners were down 5-0 which made me happy. I want the Mariners to lose every game just so Tequilla is wrong. I need something to tide me over once the NBA playoffs are over until football starts. I'm looking forward to reading the box scores when the Yankees sweep them on Tuesday.

I looked at the Mariners schedule and started laughing at the month of June. The over/under for wins in that month is 5. I'm not kidding either. For the other Mariner haters like myself, take a look at how much fun June will be.

I'd put them down for 12 wins that month. They just took 2 of 3 from Texas at home, they'll probably split in San Diego and win at least one in KC. There's your 5 right there. I think they can win 7 of the rest.

It's a TUFF schedule month, no doubt, but I'm not sure it's that much TUFFER than April.

12? You're reaching Tequilla territory with that. April had the Astros (3), Marlins (3), and Angels (5). That's not that hard of a schedule. June is much tougher. They won't win more than 2 of their first 10 games in June. The first 10 games of June are Detroit (1), @Atlanta (2), @ TB (4), NY (3). The games are @KC and they also play Boston (3) and Cleveland (3). Counting on winning 2 of 3 against Texas because they just did it? Texas is a way better team and could have swept the Mariners.
    Hi there.

The current winning percentage of the Mariner's April opponents is 53.2. The current winning percentage of the Mariner's June opponents is 50.9. Probably too early to say the April opponents are better, but they're certainly close to the caliber of the June opponents and possibly better.

OTOH, the M's have 15 road games with 11 home games in April, whereas they have 15 home games with 12 road games in June.

The April schedule is harder by every objective measure we have right now. There's no way in hell June is "much tougher".
    The Rays, and Red Sox are under .500, but are two of the best teams in the AL every year. The Indians are 11-14, but were a playoff team last year. It's not hard to understand why June is tougher. Take all the screenshots you need, June is going to be a disaster for the Mariners. You and Tequilla are Mariner doogs (Mooiners?).
    UPDATE: M's currently 9-6 with the TUFF part of the June schedule behind them. Remaining June opponents with three games against each are a combined 134-146, plus the single game against 32-39 Houston.

The cancer over has won.
  • Options
    Make that 14-8 with 6 games to play.
    looks like roaddawg has indeed reached arizona123 territory in this thread.

• Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

I'd put them down for 12 wins that month. They just took 2 of 3 from Texas at home, they'll probably split in San Diego and win at least one in KC. There's your 5 right there. I think they can win 7 of the rest.

It's a TUFF schedule month, no doubt, but I'm not sure it's that much TUFFER than April.

12? You're reaching Tequilla territory with that. April had the Astros (3), Marlins (3), and Angels (5). That's not that hard of a schedule. June is much tougher. They won't win more than 2 of their first 10 games in June. The first 10 games of June are Detroit (1), @Atlanta (2), @ TB (4), NY (3). The games are @KC and they also play Boston (3) and Cleveland (3). Counting on winning 2 of 3 against Texas because they just did it? Texas is a way better team and could have swept the Mariners.
    Hi there.

The current winning percentage of the Mariner's April opponents is 53.2. The current winning percentage of the Mariner's June opponents is 50.9. Probably too early to say the April opponents are better, but they're certainly close to the caliber of the June opponents and possibly better.

OTOH, the M's have 15 road games with 11 home games in April, whereas they have 15 home games with 12 road games in June.

The April schedule is harder by every objective measure we have right now. There's no way in hell June is "much tougher".
    The Rays, and Red Sox are under .500, but are two of the best teams in the AL every year. The Indians are 11-14, but were a playoff team last year. It's not hard to understand why June is tougher. Take all the screenshots you need, June is going to be a disaster for the Mariners. You and Tequilla are Mariner doogs (Mooiners?).
    Hard to pick a favorite poast from this thread, but this might be it.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RoadDoogFS needs to LEAVE any Mariner discussion.

'Nuff said.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    All aboard the LoMo Express ...

Is there a single worse advertising slogan than "True to the Blue" ... I feel like I should be listening to Vin Scully when I hear that.