Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

AANDY says Lambo should've read "Team of Rivals" to keep from being fired

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

I don't see much difference between lambo and sark in the end. If sark has losing records at USC I guess you would be right. I think he will be very similar though. Lambo apologists are some of the worst.

Lambo was handed an absolute machine of a football program. At that point UW was considered a national contender the previous 3 years.

He was the head coach for some of the WORST losses I remember at UW based off of the amount of talent he had. Nobody is perfect but these stuck out to me as moments where he had no clue wtf he was doing.

@ Oregon (Kenny Wheaton. Great red zone route as always)

Oregon 24-22 (Cost us a rose bowl)

USC 21-21 (Consider it a loss given that they blew it and cost us a rose bowl)

Notre Dame 29-21 @ home (WTF happened at the end? I am still confused)

@Notre Dame 54-20 (This became the first in a trend to get our asses kicked vs good opponents on the road)

Colorado 33-21 (I am still confused how we got our ass kicked when Dillon ran wild the first half)

Nebraska 27-14 (Osborne vs. Lambo LOL)

Oregon 31-28 (great start to the game vs oregon as always.)

@UCLA (52-28 see the trend of shitty road performances continuing here. How in the hell did that team give up 52 and lose by 24???)

@Nebraska 55-7 (Great road performance as always)

AFA 45-25 (But Lambo was a great Players Coach. THey love playing for him. They won't quit!)

Spot on! You nailed every bull shit loss of his minus Iowa plunger rape in 1995 when the tough "disciplined" Lambo had his players sneak over the border and get drunk night before the game Varsity Blues style.

I remember the sideline reporter reporting "spoke to coach Lambright and he said if any players are throwing up he's sitting them out"

Lambo being a "disciplinary" coach is the biggest farce ever. Remember during his time you had your starting RB in Rashaan Shehee injuring himself for the season jumping off a balcony because a gun fight broke out, Olin Kruetz ruining Sooki Wiggs life by breaking his jaw after practice. Wiggs was a projected 1st/2nd rounder DT that we could have used in 1995, he also wrote a letter to the judge backing up Jerramy Stevens and was the one who brought in Stevens knowing that Stevens stomped an unconscience guy out.

Lambo fans always gloss over all that and act like the program starting to run like a circus under Rick when that wasn't the furthest thing from the truth.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

I don't see much difference between lambo and sark in the end. If sark has losing records at USC I guess you would be right. I think he will be very similar though. Lambo apologists are some of the worst.

Lambo was handed an absolute machine of a football program. At that point UW was considered a national contender the previous 3 years.

He was the head coach for some of the WORST losses I remember at UW based off of the amount of talent he had. Nobody is perfect but these stuck out to me as moments where he had no clue wtf he was doing.

@Notre Dame 54-20 (This became the first in a trend to get our asses kicked vs good opponents on the road)

Colorado 33-21 (I am still confused how we got our ass kicked when Dillon ran wild the first half)

@UCLA (52-28 see the trend of shitty road performances continuing here. How in the hell did that team give up 52 and lose by 24???)

AFA 45-25 (But Lambo was a great Players Coach. THey love playing for him. They won't quit!)

Spot on! You nailed every bull shit loss of his minus Iowa plunger rape in 1995 when the tough "disciplined" Lambo had his players sneak over the border and get drunk night before the game Varsity Blues style.

I remember the sideline reporter reporting "spoke to coach Lambright and he said if any players are throwing up he's sitting them out"

Lambo being a "disciplinary" coach is the biggest farce ever. Remember during his time you had your starting RB in Rashaan Shehee injuring himself for the season jumping off a balcony because a gun fight broke out, Olin Kruetz ruining Sooki Wiggs life by breaking his jaw after practice. Wiggs was a projected 1st/2nd rounder DT that we could have used in 1995, he also wrote a letter to the judge backing up Jerramy Stevens and was the one who brought in Stevens knowing that Stevens stomped an unconscience guy out.

Lambo fans always gloss over all that and act like the program starting to run like a circus under Rick when that wasn't the furthest thing from the truth.
    I thought about including that game but didn't, well, because it is the sun bowl. But at the time that was the first time back in a bowl in years and should have had a better effort.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470
    Well suck me sideways. All valid points, especially AtomicDawg's breakdown.

There are so many different variables at play between the two's tenures, it's not a logical comparison to make, in my mind. Comparing Jim Owens 1st five years and Sark's tenure would make more sense to me.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

knowing that Stevens stomped an unconscience guy out.

That word made me laugh, but what I found after is absolutely hilarious. If you google unconscience, the first link goes to a Wazzu website saying it's not a word. Like, they had to make a website because so many Coogs misspell it? Do Coogs have such shitty ass spelling that they need to make a fucking directory of all the words not to use in the English language?

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html

Have fun, it's a thrill-ride
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

That word made me laugh, but what I found after is absolutely hilarious. If you google unconscience, the first link goes to a Wazzu website saying it's not a word. Like, they had to make a website because so many Coogs misspell it? Do Coogs have such shitty ass spelling that they need to make a fucking directory of all the words not to use in the English language?

All I have to say about my misspelling is 90 MPH. I-5. Hookers and Blow.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    dnc said:

I can't decide between Sark and Lambo. They both sucked.

Lambo had a Pac-10 championship. Sark's best year was 5-4 in conference.
    True. OTOH, while Sark didn't take over the owen12 debacle that doog folklore likes to say he did, he didn't take over a a program coming off of 3 straight Rose Bowels with clearly established dominance in the northwest and most of the west coast either. Lambo inherited a sweetheart opportunity and never did better than splitting a conference title in six years.

I put Lambo slightly ahead of Sark, but I see the argument. They have a ton in common, right down to the PLSS love.

Lambo had Dillon and a potentially great D.

He lost to Neu in the Holiday Bowl.

Fucking embarrassing
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    OZONE said:

Lambo did about average with the talent they had in '95 and '96, with two embarrassing loses (Sun Bowel va. Iowa and '96 ND). Average doesn't mean he did well, it only means they didn't massively underachieve.

The other four years he underachieved. I remember Rondeau making excuses for him after the '93 season (hi Chest!). He said it was a 7-8 win team. Even as a teen I wasn't buying it.

Anyway, it's Bitchcunt Babs' fault for keeping the loyal ass't around too long.

Sark had two acceptable, yet not great years to begin, then stalled out. I give him the slight edge for leaving the program with eight wins.

Even though I'm a Duck fan, I lived in Seattle during those years (lots of places to park my seaplane) and some of my good friends were Husky season ticket holders.

The story I heard was that Babs didn't like Lambo, and refused to give him the budget he wanted to hire the assistants he wanted to hire. He was forced to field a team with great talent, but mediocre assistant coaches.
    Couldn't be further from truth.

Invite your friends to your gas party.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

All I have to say about my misspelling is 90 MPH. I-5. Hookers and Blow.
    Abundance.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

With exception of highlighted, all totally acceptable if the team is hoisting Rose Bowl trophies.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

Lambo did about average with the talent they had in '95 and '96, with two embarrassing loses (Sun Bowel va. Iowa and '96 ND). Average doesn't mean he did well, it only means they didn't massively underachieve.

The other four years he underachieved. I remember Rondeau making excuses for him after the '93 season (hi Chest!). He said it was a 7-8 win team. Even as a teen I wasn't buying it.

Sark had two acceptable, yet not great years to begin, then stalled out. I give him the slight edge for leaving the program with eight wins.

Even though I'm a Duck fan, I lived in Seattle during those years (lots of places to park my seaplane) and some of my good friends were Husky season ticket holders.

The story I heard was that Babs didn't like Lambo, and refused to give him the budget he wanted to hire the assistants he wanted to hire. He was forced to field a team with great talent, but mediocre assistant coaches.
    Your frens were doogs

hth

All fuskies are doogs. Including all of you on this board.

hth
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth
    You don't know what doog means.

hth
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth
    And I thought you were figuring this shit out...
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth

hth
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth

hth
    Indeed I do. We ducks coined the phrase, and gave it its original meaning. The fact that some of you have tried to co-opt it, doesn't change the original meaning.

Fuskie.

Doog.

No difference.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth

hth
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth

hth
    Indeed I do. We ducks coined the phrase, and gave it its original meaning. The fact that some of you have tried to co-opt it, doesn't change the original meaning.

Fuskie.

Doog.

No difference.
    Not the case at all.

We made up the term to mock our fans that were acting like Coogs. You don't even know what a Coog is.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth

hth
    dnc said:

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth

hth

Fuskie.

Doog.

No difference.
    Not the case at all.

We made up the term to mock our fans that were acting like Coogs. You don't even know what a Coog is.
    Case closed, end of discussion.

OZONE said:

dnc said:

OZONE said:

Your frens were doogs

hth

hth
    And I thought you were figuring this shit out...
    Had it figured out ages ago... this board was started by a couple of guys that used to be in Kim's inner circle, until they weren't.

Now they act like they were never in his inner circle, because he's an idiot.

For some reason, it took them longer than some, to realize that he was an idiot...

But now that they've realized it, they act like they invented that realization, and others have followed them... people that used to pay Kim money, apparently also somewhat new to the realization about Kim's idiocy.

Are you suggesting there is more to it?

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    OZONE said:

Had it figured out ages ago... this board was started by a couple of guys that used to be in Kim's inner circle, until they weren't.

Now they act like they were never in his inner circle, because he's an idiot.

For some reason, it took them longer than some, to realize that he was an idiot...

But now that they've realized it, they act like they invented that realization, and others have followed them... people that used to pay Kim money, apparently also somewhat new to the realization about Kim's idiocy.

Are you suggesting there is more to it?

W, JW

This guy just keeps reaching new lows with every post