Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

AANDY says Lambo should've read "Team of Rivals" to keep from being fired

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,659
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Someone might want to tell AANDY that the book was published in 2006.

Comments

• Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,056
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Books About Lincoln Publishing Date Superiority Guy..........

BTW, it was first published in 2005. ........SUCK IT!!!!! Who's the master now???!?!?!?!?!!1!1
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,659
    Founders Club
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,516
    It's funny for all the shit Lambo gets, he is still the 2nd best coach we've had in the past 20 years.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    As my dad would say... "Fuckin Mormons."
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's funny for all the shit Lambo gets, he is still the 2nd best coach we've had in the past 20 years.

I would say 30
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can't decide between Sark and Lambo. They both sucked.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer
    Thought provoking as always ...
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,516
    edited April 2014

Lambo had a Pac-10 championship. Sark's best year was 5-4 in conference.
    Lambo did less with more. That 1996 and 1997 team's that tied for a pac 10 title and lost the holiday bowl and Aloha bowls were he most talented team of the last 20 years. And Lambo stumbled into 7 and 9 wins.
    It was the 95 Sun Bowl team that won the Pac-10. Now let's never talk about 95 again.

Also, the argument that Lambo did less with more is true, but you could say the same for Sark, especially when you consider a team that had Locker, Polk, Kearse, Ta'amu, DTN, Bulter, Foster, and Trufant had a losing record.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2014

Lambo had a Pac-10 championship. Sark's best year was 5-4 in conference.
    Lambo did less with more. That 1996 and 1997 team's that tied for a pac 10 title and lost the holiday bowl and Aloha bowls were he most talented team of the last 20 years. And Lambo stumbled into 7 and 9 wins.
    It was the 95 Sun Bowl team that won the Pac-10. Now let's never talk about 95 again.

Also, the argument that Lambo did less with more is true, but you could say the same for Sark, especially when you consider a team that had Locker, Polk, Kearse, Ta'amu, DTN, Bulter, Foster, and Trufant had a losing record.
    In hindsight, the 2009 team could have won more games. I still think that was Sark's best year coaching though. It was his best year recruiting too. 7 OL and 5 DL, a top 20 class, even after 0-12. He didn't improve at all after that year. That's the troubling part, and why he sucked. The learning on the job stuff is bullshit, especially when it comes to on field coaching.

The 2009 team should have won 5-6 games. The definitely should have beat Notre Dame and UCLA. ASU was another winnable game, and Sark's play calling was terrible on the last drive. Letting a guy get behind you is unforgivable as well, but the game was going into OT if ASU didn't complete that pass, so you can't count that as a game that should have been won. It was a horribly coached game though.

On the flip side, the Arizona game was lucky, Cal completey laid down to close out the season, and USC would have won if anyone but Aaron Corp started the game at QB. 5-7 was a pretty good indicator of the talent on the team. There were some very good players, but there were also players in the lineup that had no business being Pac 10 starters. Darrion Jones and Talia Crichton rotated at one DE spot. The secondary consisted of Trufant (FR), Richardson, Long, Nate Williams, Fellner/Glenn. That's a bad secondary, bordering on dreckfest. The OL had Ossai, Greg Christine, Nick Wood, and a freshman Drew Schaeffer. It was a far better team than doogs like to admit (we all know it wasn't a true 0-12 team), but it also wasn't all that great.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,992
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2014
    Lambo did about average with the talent they had in '95 and '96, with two embarrassing loses (Sun Bowel va. Iowa and '96 ND). Average doesn't mean he did well, it only means they didn't massively underachieve.

The other four years he underachieved. I remember Rondeau making excuses for him after the '93 season (hi Chest!). He said it was a 7-8 win team. Even as a teen I wasn't buying it.

Anyway, it's Bitchcunt Babs' fault for keeping the loyal ass't around too long.

Sark had two acceptable, yet not great years to begin, then stalled out. I give him the slight edge for leaving the program with eight wins.
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Lambo did about average with the talent they had in '95 and '96, with two embarrassing loses (Sun Bowel va. Iowa and '96 ND). Average doesn't mean he did well, it only means they didn't massively underachieve.

The other four years he underachieved. I remember Rondeau making excuses for him after the '93 season (hi Chest!). He said it was a 7-8 win team. Even as a teen I wasn't buying it.

Anyway, it's Bitchcunt Babs' fault for keeping the loyal ass't around too long.

Sark had two acceptable, yet not great years to begin, then stalled out. I give him the slight edge for leaving the program with eight wins.

Even though I'm a Duck fan, I lived in Seattle during those years (lots of places to park my seaplane) and some of my good friends were Husky season ticket holders.

The story I heard was that Babs didn't like Lambo, and refused to give him the budget he wanted to hire the assistants he wanted to hire. He was forced to field a team with great talent, but mediocre assistant coaches.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    HNMT made the great point that once Lambo didn't have top notch talent (1998) he was badly exposed.

And @dnc‌ is correct. Petersen by what he has already done is the 2nd best. Now lets see if he can match or come close to what DJ achieved.