Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worst UW Athletic Director of all time?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,669 Founders Club

Worst UW Athletic Director of all time? 55 votes

Todd Turner
58%
DerekJohnsonMelloDawgCFetters_Nacho_LoverFire_Marshall_BillSwayewhlindervadawgPurpleBazeHuskyJWMad_SonLoneStarDawgAtomicDawgHoustonHusky79smoothdawgchuckDoogieMcDoogersonTequillabiak1HFNYDoogles 32 votes
Jen Cohen
25%
dncPurpleThrobberhaieSluggoRouteDawgSourcestheknowledgeEastCoastDoogEl_KFireCohenTheGhost206DeepDawgOreDawgBendDawg24bluechipuwrecruits 14 votes
Write-In
16%
RaceBannonTheHBhuskyhooliganWilliams3Pitchfork51YellowSnowNorwegianHuskyBleachedAnusDawgtheLSkid 9 votes

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jen Cohen
    Probably nothing to do with Turner, but I don't remember the basketball program being a shit show. #WeAreABBallSchool at the same time the football program cratered.

Jenn managed to fuck up both with hires within a year and a half of each other. And she had a good football program doing at the time.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,829 Founders Club
    Jen Cohen
    haie said:

Probably nothing to do with Turner, but I don't remember the basketball program being a shit show. #WeAreABBallSchool at the same time the football program cratered.

Jenn managed to fuck up both with hires within a year and a half of each other. And she had a good football program doing at the time.

Don’t forget letting Neighbors walk and hiring Wynn. She cratered a program that went to the final four and a sweet sixteen because she hates spending money.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,669 Founders Club
    Todd Turner

haie said:

Don’t forget letting Neighbors walk and hiring Wynn. She cratered a program that went to the final four and a sweet sixteen because she hates spending money.
    well i think she's overleveraged by a declining season ticket holder base and stadium debt. She's also just not very bright in her decisions, by and large.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,966
    Todd Turner
    Abundance?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,615 Founders Club
    Todd Turner
    I can't stand either but Turner was a smug participation trophy type who helped crater the program. Maybe he didn't start that, but he made the bleeding worse.

Hopkins s ucks, but he's not terrible and has had winning seasons. She did the right thing and canned Lomar.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,118 Founders Club
    Write-In
    Claude Hunt
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    Jen Cohen

haie said:

well i think she's overleveraged by a declining season ticket holder base and stadium debt. She's also just not very bright in her decisions, by and large.
    declining season ticket holder base is bullshit. Maybe by the people here, but my inner circle is all alums (amazon/tech types) and they're donating as much as ever. The people HERE aren't donating, whoop dee fucking doo.

These are all people sitting on the field, Tyee.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,869
    Write-In
    Karen ramming. She basically runs everything at this point
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    Todd Turner

Karen ramming. She basically runs everything at this point

Karen doesn't belong in the UW athletic department. That's certain.

I just can't bring myself to hate her though. I think it's the name. It's also the way she sticks her mediocre ass out toward the camera and posts the pics (disappointing that it's so infrequent but still). She's both unlikeable and likeable at the same time.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Todd Turner
    It’s Tawdy … not even close
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,576 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

declining season ticket holder base is bullshit. Maybe by the people here, but my inner circle is all alums (amazon/tech types) and they're donating as much as ever. The people HERE aren't donating, whoop dee fucking doo.

These are all people sitting on the field, Tyee.
    Cool, your friends buy tickets. And? The declining ticket base isn't an opinion, it's a published fact.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,366 Founders Club
    Todd Turner
    haie said:

This is a good point. I change my vote. Jen is a complete dumpster fire. And our approach to NIL is inexcusable.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,669 Founders Club
    Todd Turner
    Todd Turner 56%
    Jen Cohen 28%
    Write-In 15%